|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Hartford, Connecticut
||Date Posted: 11/24/2006
|Type of Position: Other
||Availability Date: ASAP
|Desired Wage: 1
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Extensive experience in design, development and implementation of relational databases. Proficient in database tuning, application support, data warehouse support and data conversions. Strong analytical and communication skills. Recognized for exceptional customer service skills.
IBM CONSULTING – Northampton,MA
TECHNICAL ORACLE DBA 2006 - 2006
Work at home for NISource IBM account. It was a new account (for IBM) that needed the software put on a number of machines. Installed Oracle 184.108.40.206 database and client software from vendor CD’s NFS’ed to appropriate machine.. Executed data refreshes, build new databases and space monitoring (Tablespace expansion). Used FTP to move scripts between machines. Scheduled and monitored scripts to analyze environment (implemented changes as necessary). Participated on on-call 7/24 pager rotation, handled all problems as necessary.
METLIFE, Formerly Citigroup – Travelers Life & Annuity, Hartford, CT
INFORMATION ENGINEER – TECHNICAL ORACLE DBA 2002 - 2005
Created and maintained the technical infrastructure of the test, QA and Production environments. Created a number of new instances on UNIX platforms for application tools. Assisted with database design and performance tuning. Provided on-call rotation, 24/7 support of on-line systems. Troubleshot systems problems. Took part in the upgrade to Oracle 9.2.0 and upgrade of Sun hardware.
• Increased the auditability of the database to insure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley reporting requirements and coordinated implantation across the technical infrastructure.
• Migrated Oracle to new UNIX hardware within the Citigroup environment to comply with corporate standards and secure appropriate support.
• Created and maintained backup/recovery processes and procedures to insure business continuity in the event of a disaster.
INFORMATION ENGINEER – APPLICATIONS ORACLE DBA 1999 - 2002
Maintained and developed application databases to support the Life & Annuity area. Completed database design and access to the data. Supported MS-SQL Server databases. Acted as liaison between the ETL vendor and company, active member of user group ETI, “product manager” working within corporation to coordinate tool use and vendor upgrades to have the tool meet corporate standards.
• Participated in the upgrading to Oracle 8I and Sun hardware to ensure better and faster database processing and adherence to company’s standards.
• Worked with application areas to migrate to new UNIX boxes and set up their “batch” processing to “fail over” to a backup allowing quicker computer system recovery from a disaster.
• Used ETL tool to transport data from DB2 mainframe allowing for easier access and significant cost reduction for processing within departments.
• Wrote “policies and guidelines” for Travelers use of the ETI tool, allowing a shorter learning curve and better observance to guidelines for new applications.
LOGAN/BRITTON, INC, Houston, TX
CERTIFIED ETI (EXTRACT MASTER) CONSULTANT 1997 - 1999
Developed code with the ETI tool that enabled the creation of data warehouses
• Used the Extract, Transform and Load tool to move data from a number of databases to data warehouses giving a client the ability to pursue a $200 million lawsuit.
• Assisted with a “proof of concept” project for the ETI tool for the development of Citigroup’s data warehouse.
ADVANCED COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES (consulting-ACT, Inc.), Hartford, CT
DIRECTOR OF DATA SERVICES/SR. MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT 1995 - 1997
Directed the unit including budgeting and defining market classes in need of service. Worked as a DBA in both the Sybase and DB2 environments.
• Built and managed a Data Services unit which included defining, creating and implementing a 5-year strategic plan.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT 1994 - 1995
A member of the team introduced a new methodology and architecture for NASDAQ stock exchange.
AETNA INC., Hartford, CT
CASE CONSULTANT 1992 - 1994
Conducted business analysis and developed and implemented financial system. Developed guidelines and processes for: model management, toolset rollout, software upgrades, training, and education.
DATABASE CONSULTANT. 1990 - 1992
Managed a project to build the technical infrastructure to introduce the IEF to the PC&L organization, including technical and organizational planning. Worked with many different areas to build consensus and have them participate in, and carry out, the implementation, which included a plan of 100+ tasks.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Business Administration – Corporate Finance, The University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
Bachelor of Science – Management Science Minor in Computer Science
State University of New York At Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Certified Computer Professional Institute for Certification of Computing, Des Plaines, IL
Marquis Who’s Who in America
HARDWARE: SUN Solaris, IBM 3090, IBM PC, IBM RS6000 (AIX)
SOFTWARE: Unix, AIX, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, Oracle 7.3, MVS, NT, Windows (dos thru XP), DB2, ERWIN, Toad, CICS, IMS DB/DC, IDMS, FOCUS, TSO, WORD, EXCEL, MS PROJECT, SYBASE, ETI*Extract, DBArtisen, SQLServer, Informix, Oracle database management tools
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.