Sales/Marketing/Channel Relationships Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: New York, New York
||Date Posted: 11/8/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 125,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
SECURE INFO 2/2006 – PRESENT
VP COMMERCIAL SALES
ATW CORPORATION 12/2003 – 1/2006
Responsible of all aspects of relationships with Credit Card Associations (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, DISCOVER). Managed and maintained the number one relationship (among all assessors…65) with the credit card associations. Instrumental in bringing the company from less than $1 million in sales to $16 million in less than 2 years.
ATC SECURITY 9/2003 – 12/2003
Help found security compliance company to assess compliance of payment industry merchants, issuers, acquirers and service providers. Company also performed forensics for credit card association’s merchants and acquirers. The company was acquired by Ambiron LLC (Now ATW/AmbironTrustWave Corporation) for our processes, and relationships after only 3 months in business.
GUARDENT CORPORATION 2/2003 – 9/2003
Hired to work specific accounts (AIG, VISA, MasterCard). Left the company to form ATC Security.
EXODUS COMMUNICATIONS, INC./ Cable & Wireless, New York, NY 2000-1/2003
Vice President/Director Global Security Practice
Acquired by Exodus in February of 2000 as part of Professional Services, Network-1 acquisition. Managed all components of security “practice team” (including product/service definitions, sales and technical training, marketing and presentation documents, delivery templates, professional services alliances, enterprise level customer presentations etc.).
• Designed new security offerings and generated substantial bottom-line revenue.
• Trained sales and technical force to promote and deliver security as an integral part of every sale.
• Researched and built alliances with security partners to deliver “Best-of-Breed” security solutions to Exodus/C&W Customers and partner’s customers.
NETWORK-1 SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGY, INC., New York, NY 1990 - 2000
President, COO, Founder
Founded the company as a network and security consulting/software organization.
• Grew the company over a four year period to include the development of various network management and security related software products.
• Guided the company through three private placements and an IPO to further develop leading edge security technology products and services.
• Responsibilities included financial, administration, human resources, marketing and sales.
ESSENTIAL RESOURCES, INC., New York, NY 1987-1990
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Directed sales and branding, developed cost efficient marketing procedures, recruited, hired, trained new sales employees and built effective technical and sales teams.
• Served as a trouble-shooter in many situations, resolving customer related and company generated problems.
• Researched market conditions and trends to develop both long and short term action plans and penetration strategies.
• Evaluated sales data to forecast customer demand and built budgets.
• Developed advertising strategies and coordinated in-house and outside agency efforts. (Left the company to form Network-1)
H&M SYSTEMS SOFTWARE, INC., Maywood, NJ 1979 - 1987
President, North American Division
Recruited to develop a European software company’s subsidiary in the U.S., building the division from $0 in sales to $8 million in two years and establishing it as the leading firm in it’s industry. Catapulted sales 600% within in one year by penetrating new and lucrative markets and devising and installing an effective distribution network.
• Successfully created a niche in a lucrative hi-tech market for several new products.
• Surpassed the major competitor’s product to capture the largest market share, by designing and coordinating a comprehensive marketing program.
• Managed professional, technical, and support personnel. Forecasted and prepared both short and long term operating budgets, monitoring actual versus projected performance.
• Designed operations including, ordering, purchasing, production cycles, and inventory.
• Developed the marketing strategy including, public relations and advertising campaigns, direct mail and telemarketing, wrote copy and designed promotional literature.
BOOLE & BABBAGE, Englewood, NJ 1978-1979
District Sales Manager
Designed and successfully orchestrated a new sales program focusing on direct sales to senior executives.
• Coordinated the sales efforts of the Northeast Region.
• Achieved 187% of the region’s assigned sales quota.
• Was recruited to develop and start H & M Systems Software U.S. Subsidiary.
DATA MARKET COMPANY, New York, NY 1976-1978
Independent sales consultant for various software companies.
• Developed and presented numerous business plans, resulting in major investment and merger opportunities for clients.
• Evaluated and upgraded operations, streamlining workflow and reorganizing functions to enhance overall productivity. Cultivated and maintained new and larger clients.
• Converted manual systems to automated data processing and merged existing systems. Prepared operational manuals as well as user manuals and training guides for the IBM and DEC environments.
• Developed a solid background in programming and technical functions, working with IBM mainframe hardware.
C-SCOMPUTER SYSTEMS, Inc. New York, NY 1971-1976
Executive Vice President
Hired as the first salesperson by this small data conversion company which was funded by Continental Insurance Company and over the course of five years was appointed Sales Manager and eventually Executive Vice President.
• Developed highly successful international reseller network and secured the U.S. rights to additional software products.
• Hired and bolstered the sales team’s operating effectiveness and improved the management information process, creating and implementing a new tracking system.
• Managed human resources, evaluated staff performance and resolved personnel conflicts.
• Modified and maintained system configurations and worked closely with customers on technical data conversions.
EASTMAN DILLION UNION SECURITIES AND CO. New York, NY 1971 - 1971
Programmed Honeywell mainframe computers. Responsible for debugging code and operations of Honeywell 6000.
BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD OF NY, New York, NY 1968 - 1969
Responsible for all new insurance enrollments for BCBS. Programmed IBM 1401, 1440 & 1460 as well as wired boards for EAM equipment.
New York City Community College 1971 - 1972
US Navy Reserve (Active Duty) 1969-1971
USS Penobscott / ATA 188
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.