In-vivo Research Associate Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: San Francisco, California
||Date Posted: 10/26/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: November 15,2006
|Desired Wage: 55000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To establish, manage and maintain rodent breeding colonies. Generating transgenic and knockout animal models in the role as Laboratory Animal Breeder. Alternately seeking positions that will involve extensive research work in projects related to any pre-clinical in-vivo research.
* Animal Science Consultant: Genetics Korea Ltd, Republic of Korea, 2004-present
* Laboratory Animal Breeder: University of California, USA, 2003-2004
* Acting Animal Facility Manager: Xenon Genetics Inc., Canada, 2003
* Animal Facility Manager: BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Canada, 2000-2002
* Animal Facility Supervisor: UBC Biotechnology Laboratory - Synapse Technologies Inc., Canada, 1994-2000
* Animal Facility Supervisor: SA Innogenetics-Neogentec Biotechnology NV, Belgium, 1989-1993
* Laboratory Animal Breeder Supervisor: Mount Sinai Research Center, Canada, 1986-1989
* SPF Animal Facility Supervisor: European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Germany, 1984-1986
* Laboratory Animal Technician: University of British Columbia, Canada, 1980-1984
* Diploma in Bio-Safety and Environment, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1995
* Lectures and workshops on transgenic-knockout technology (EU Grant), University of Louvain (in conjunction with PW Open University), Belgium, 1994
* Bachelor of Science, PW Open University (Europe), Switzerland, 1993. Major in Animal Husbandry, Genetics and Breeding
* Master Laboratory Animal Science, Lyon Open Veterinary College, France, 1988
* Veterinary Technician, Michigan State University, USA, 1984
* American Association Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
* Korean Association Laboratory Animal Science (KALAS)
* Achievement-oriented senior consultant with a proven career track record of over 12 years focused towards intensive research in the biotechnology field.
* Demonstrated expertise in generating several transgenic and knockout animal models at the laboratory level.
* Highly focused analytical bent of mind continuously striving towards the conception of new-generation rodent models through extensive pre-clinical in-vivo research projects.
* Proficient at different types of breeding programs for a variety of rodents.
* Hands-on experience in production of mono- and polyclonal antibodies for patented research.
* Extremely successful at setting-up barrier sustained animal facilities from design stage. Conceived the environmental parameters, incorporated Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Laboratory Specific Protocols (LSP), documented policy/procedural manuals for IACUC.
* Background of working towards an AAALAC accreditation.
* Proactive, effecting a virus-free environment through rigorous health checks and census collection.
* Member of several core committees. Acknowledged in several scientific papers. Represented articles as author/co-author.
Pioneer developing several computer-breeding programs.
* Certified in Radiation Safety and TDG Receivers, RSER Inc, Canada 2006
* Effective oral and written English for Business and Technology, Greystone College, Canada 2006
* Familiar with HTML, dHTML, Java Script, CGI script along with MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Publisher.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.