Sr Systems Administrator Resume
|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: Norton, Ohio
||Date Posted: 12/21/2020
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: today
|Desired Wage: 95000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this opportunity. I am very excited about the possibility of being a part of your organization. Utilizing my skills and abilities to benefit your organization is an exciting possibility for me.
I have over twenty years of experience in this role, and have a wide range of experience managing VMware, Windows Servers as well as backup and DR solutions. In addition to the design and implantation of these systems and daily management of such systems. Experience in life cycle management and large equipment refresh projects.
I understand how crucial it is for your staff to have the administrative support they need to ensure timely and organized project progress. I truly appreciate your time and consideration regarding this vital role at your organization. I believe that I possess the skills and abilities which are critical to this position, and would like to become a member of your IT team. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions you may have or to further discuss this opportunity.
Kevin W Cline
TSG Resources Inc. North Canton Ohio
Sr. Systems Administrator March 2017 to December 2020
• Manage a virtualized data center of 135 virtual servers in 4 data centers to support 32 Altercare nursing home facilities in Ohio and Michigan, along with Absolute Pharmacy and Avalon foods.
• Daily systems management, backup and DR planning using Veeam to backup multiple data centers and DR replication of servers.
• Manage Zoom accounts with AD integration
• Imprivata Biometrics configuration and account management
• Okta SSO administration and push to endpoints
• Migrate 2000 computers from Kaspersky antivirus to Sophos with remote push
• Plan and implement the migration of a TSG data center of 125 servers to a new Co-Location while maintaining 24x7x 365 uptime project completed in 6 months
• Manage Helpdesk group of 6 techs supporting 4500 users, using Connect wise for remote support
1EDISOURCE Inc. Solon Ohio
IT manager / Systems Engineer July 2016 to February 2017
• Support a virtual environment of 300 servers and storage supporting SAAS and EDI developers.
• Manage patch management and server backups and DR across datacenters using Veeam.
• The design and implementation of the active directory upgrade from 2003 AD to 2008r2 AD, reducing the domain controller count from 14 to 9 domain controllers across 3 Datacenters and 3 domains.
• Planned and implemented the upgrade of the Exchange 2010 Spam filtering to Minecast spam filtering.
• Upgraded VMware hosts to VSphere 6.0 on 8 Host servers
• Manage Veeam backups for 300 servers on 2 VMware V-centers.
• Manage an IT team of 3 Support Technicians to manage an EDI environment, maintaining the upmost uptime for customers
• Managing the configuration of customer facing point to point VPN tunnels.
Forbema Technical consulting Jenison Michigan
Dedicated onsite Systems Engineer on site at Kichler Lighting August 2011 to July 2016
o Designed and deployed a remote network in a new las Vegas Warehouse, including file and
Print servers and domain controller along with installing a cisco VoIP phone system for a new Las Vegas distribution center.
o Managing the VMware ESX environment and increased the virtual environment from 3 VMware ESX host servers to 9 VMware host servers.
o Build a 40 server environment for the deployment of an Epicor customer support system that included an automated fax confirmation system and EDI connection servers for B2B.
o Implemented V-Motion and High Availability to Kichler’s ESX servers which have increased up time of the production servers to almost 99.9%.
o Implemented a DR plan for the VMware environment enabling us to bare metal restore production server within minutes along with offsite replication eliminating the need for offsite Tape services.
o Onsite Data center rebuilt at Kichler’s Aztec distribution center (Hartford Conn), Upgrading both hardware and server OS from 2003 to server 2008 server environment, installation of an ISCSI IBM disk array to house local user home and Shared folders and adding local DNS and DHCP for the Hartford office.
o Upgraded thru VPN, Kichler’s China office Exchange and Domain controller servers to be compatible with the Cleveland office systems.
o Built a Microsoft Clustered server environment for the users home folders and Departmental Shared Drive, to allow failover fault tolerance to critical systems.
Myers Industries Akron, Ohio
Corporate Infrastructure Manager January 2010 to August 2011
Manage ShoreTel VOIP, on a Brocade network infrastructure and MPLS network to over 40 sites.
o Manage the Corporate infrastructure including daily support of network, MPLS, VPN, Windows 2003 and 2008r2 servers. Manage the service desk supporting 1400 users across 8 manufacturing sites, corporate office and Myers Tire Supply sales offices and Distribution centers in 32 states and 5 countries.
o Re-Design and upgrade the Akron Data center to ESXi 4.1VMware environment and NetApp San.
o Co-ordinate Myers Tire Supply Sales office technology moves to new locations helping maintaining network and ShoreTel VOIP to both new and old locations in parallel during the moves.
o Build a clustered SQL and SharePoint environment for public and private facing SharePoint
Kichler Lighting Independence, Ohio
VMware, Windows System Engineer August 2006 to January 2010
Administration of Kichler’s Microsoft windows server 2003 environment and VMware virtual infrastructure..
o Managing the VMware ESX environment
o Designed Kichler Lightings entire VMware ESX environment
Upgrading it from ver.2.0 to ver. 3.5
o Increased the virtual environment from 3 VMware ESX host servers to 6 VMware ESX host servers
o Windows server environment
o Upgraded Kichlers 4 Domain Controller from server 2000 to server 2003 and upgraded the Active Directory and Group Policies and DNS from 200 to 2003
o Manage the Kichler Domain DHCP across locations in 4 states and 2 countries
o Onsite support of VMware server environment in the Dallas showroom showtime software for 2 Lighting industry trade shows a year, along with support of point of sales barcode scanners for trade show orders
o Back-up and DR
o Manage Kichler IBM Tivoli TSM back-ups on all Microsoft Server system for
o Built a Symantec Enterprise Vault Exchange archive disk environment for archiving emails older than 90 days, and moving them to lower cost disk space.
o Designed and setup scheduling of full DR copies of all Critical Production servers in the VMware environment allowing full bare metal restorations of all critical Microsoft servers.
• VMware - ESXi 5.5, 6.5, 6.7 Environment design, management
• VMware High Availability (HA), VMotion, and DR
• Veeam Enterprise management, Backup and DR with server replication between data centers
• Microsoft Server 2012r2 – 2019 Installation and Management
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
• Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016
• Symantec Endpoint protection, McAfee EPO Enterprise server management to push Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Kaspersky Enterprise, Sophos Endpoint and management center
• Mime Cast cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange and Barracuda Spam Filter management, Barracuda Web content Filter.
• Microsoft WSUS Security and Update patch push server
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.