|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Houston, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/11/2020
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Transformative leader, solutions-oriented strategist and subject matter expert in, health and safety management leveraging expansive experience across the United States for a diversified array of enterprises. Garnered authoritative knowledge and industry respect by earning advanced safety certifications and for producing consistent results. Drive business process re-engineering and change management actions to improve emergency preparedness protocols and programs for Health and Safety in diverse scenarios. Develop and deploy, incentives, motivational tactics, recognition and training programs to boost workforce efficiency, productivity and safety program compliance. Interested in achieving upward mobility and greater leadership responsibility.
EXCEL CONTRACTOR, INC., Baton Rouge, LA 2019– 2020
Regional Safety Manager for Texas (2019 – 2020)
● Manage and create a strong culture of safety while also performing inspections and driving multimillion-dollar projects and nesting sites, with direct oversight of 15 technicians, Multiple subcontractors and 1,000 direct hire employees.
● Administer positive reinforcement while advocating 100ompliance to site-specific safety programs for the company’s initiatives in construction, maintenance, fabrication and disaster recovery projects.
● Establish a relationship of trust and clear lines of communication with both internal and external customers, safety professionals and employees to coordinate risk mitigation actions and to ensure adherence to site-specific safety and health policies, procedures and governing federal, state and local regulations.
● Interface with multiple departments including HR, safety, environmental and other cross-functional departments to ensure compliance with company policies. Practice risk mitigation, loss prevention and disaster recovery while maintaining seamless operations and business continuity.
● Identify training deficiencies, create and deliver new policies and procedures in compliance to internal and external stakeholders’ requirements.
● Promote cross-functional and collaborative teamwork, enable risk reduction, support loss prevention, capture cost savings and enhance preparedness for crisis scenarios.
● Perform audits, uncover deficiencies and identify opportunities for corrective actions with management to fortify compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Also assess post-accident/injury and lost-time injury incidents.
Site Safety Manager (2012 – 2018)
● Designed and delivered effective training programs to inspire workers to practice and promote safety campaigns. Garnered recognition from executive management for elevating safety, loss prevention, risk mitigation, employee satisfaction, injury reduction and overall cost savings as a result of the program.
● Initiated and sustained relationships with site safety officers, sub-contractor supervisors and HSE best practices. Delivered dynamic and informative HSE-oriented presentations.
● Directly responsible for managing large-scale projects across the nation with prestigious clients including, but not limited to: DOW GULFSTREAM, LA PIGMENT, INDORAMA, AIR LIQUIDE, VALERO FLARE GAS RECOVERY, SHINTECH ADDIS, REAGENT, CF INDUSTRIES, AIR LIQUIDE/KINDER MORGAN and NALCO.
● Designed and delivered comprehensive, hands-on training curriculum and safety protocols for a Capacity Expansion Project, renowned as one of the largest projects in the company’s history.
● Conducted cross-functional leadership in collaboration with Air Liquide and Kinder Morgan pipeline divisions. Enforced optimal safety and regulation compliance for utilities installation for the Methanex facility.
● Provided in-depth training, including the creation of an authoritative handbook for subcontractors, on safety measures for operating in confined space, line opening and life-critical policies and practices.
LAFARGEHOLCIM, Metairie, LA 2016 – 2018
Health and Safety Coordinator
● Selected to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and eliminate workplace hazards to reduce reportable injuries to zero across 18 ready mix concrete plans in four parishes with 60 fleet trucks.
● Implemented behavioral safety methodologies to enhance risk reduction programs. Drew upon multiple disciplines to architect safety management protocols. Reported incidents in compliance to OSHA record keeping requirements.
● Assessed operations and performed gap analysis to identify vulnerability and opportunities for corrective actions as well as process and quality improvements to local safety system.
● Headed safety initiatives for two portable ready-mix plants pouring concrete for a large-scale airport runway with seamless and efficient operations.
DOW CHEMICAL (KELLY SERVICES ENGINEERING), Taft, LA 2011 - 2012
● Served as a third-party representative in charge of training, coaching and mentoring 20 contractors and safety managers on the company’s safety protocols and procedures for a preeminent gulfstream project.
● Attained recognition for fostering and supporting zero recordable incidents and impeccable safety record throughout one million continuous work hours.
● Employed a behavior-based observation tool, analyzed equipment, supervised audits and gathered business-critical data to provide insight to senior management and contractor groups on safety measures.
● Coordinated and facilitated safety meetings for the re-commissioning team of 600 craftsmen.
BS, Industrial Technology (ABET Accredited Program): Occupational Safety, Health and Environment
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY, 2010
Certified Safety Professional Effective 02/21/2020 Certificate CSP-37534
Areas of Expertise
Occupational Safety & Health Management | Emergency Preparedness & Management | Program & Project Management Operational Efficiency | Staff Mentoring, Training and Development | Strategic Planning | Budget Allocation & Resource Management | Training Curriculum Design & Delivery | Risk Management | Accident Investigation | Workers Compensation and case management| Site Security | OSHA Regulation Compliance | Inspection & Safety Audits |
Apollo Root Cause Analysis| HAZWOPER | Life Critical Standards | Material Planning and Requisition |
Maintenance & Construction
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.