Engineering Director/Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Cupertino, California
||Date Posted: 4/23/2019
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 04/30/2019
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Top performing engineering leader with over 15 years of semiconductor process technology development and operational management experience in start-ups and largest semiconductor company. Strong technical background with business acumen with proven track record of consistently meeting challenging goals. Expertise in implementing strategic technological initiatives, processes, and systems with better operational efficiency to deliver results. Looking for dynamic work culture where I can utilize my hands-on engineering development expertise.
THIN FILM ELECTRONICS INC, SAN JOSE CA APR 2017 – PRESENT
SECTION MANAGER, PROCESS INTEGRATION - (APR 2017 – PRESENT)
Responsible for technology development of poly-Si CMOS TFT based NFC tags and EAS products reporting to VP of technology development. Managing technology development teams responsible for process integration and proprietary printed dopant inks, new material development.
Defined and developed process flow, equipment set and processes for novel roll to roll manufacturing solution for front end IC and back end assembly processes of poly-Si CMOS transistor-based NFC tags and EAS products meeting budget with 15mprovement in capacity.
Successfully led cross-functional teams across design, process, test, packaging and reliability for successive new design tape-outs meeting aggressive deadlines and customer commits.
Yield Improvement- Led cross-functional team to solve chronic yield issue from through root cause resolution resulting in 50ield improvement of the legacy sheet based front end manufacturing line
Program Management– Successfully delivered product on first roll processed through novel roll to roll manufacturing line. Helped define line bring up timelines with vendors, ramp KPIs, schedules while meeting the budget.
Led team to deliver new back end manufacturing line with new process together with Asia team and contract manufacturer that met cost and new capacity expansion of 1 Billion /year
BEAMREACH SOLAR/SOLEXEL INC., MILPITAS, CA FEB 2009 – JAN 2017
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING –(AUG 2012 – FEB 2017)
Responsible for c-Si IBC solar cell technology development. Managed engineering teams responsible for process development and integration, device design and simulation, failure analysis and testing.
Defined product, technology and cost road-maps as a member of the executive decision making team.
Formed and led a team that delivered a CAPEX light turn-key technology solution capable of producing high efficiency IBC solar cell modules at competitive cost using novel device architecture.
Architect of a proprietary self-aligned contact high-efficiency thin Si solar cell device structure and process technology with smart modules which assisted in securing series C-D funding totaling $120M
Led a team of 40 personnel that delivered manufacturing pilot line through equipment selection, tool acceptance, and process release on HVM tools, while meeting - efficiency, yield, uptime, throughput and quality metrics.
Successfully delivered technology for thin Epi-Si based solar cell with world record efficiency utilizing novel junction engineering, patented thin film, laser based processing, and thin Si handling technology.
Responsible for quarterly technical and operational deliverables and communications with strategic investor leading to continued interest and investment for $25M
Managed process development teams for thin film (CVD, PECVD, PVD, ALD), Diffusion, laser based patterning, direct write/print and wet etch process modules across 4 product pivots.
SENIOR MEMBER OF TECHNICAL STAFF- SOLEXEL INC. (FEB 2009 – AUG 2012)
Thin film process development expert who led process integration efforts in developing Epi c-Si based solar cell technology.
Led process development, process integration, product design and development efforts for world’s only c-Si IBC solar cell with multi-level metal.
Invented passivation solutions, laser and photo-annealing applications for ultra-low temperature ALD, and PECVD-based front surface passivation of the solar cell.
Introduced new CVD based film for excellent backside passivation and worked with vendors to develop HVM solutions.
Identified key process technology enablers and partners for printed dopants and metals. Managed joint development programs worth $7M in unique application requirements for thin Epi-Si based, low-cost, and high-efficiency solar cell.
Organized daily schedules, goals and priorities for operations team. Collaborated with operations team to define and develop customized MES System, implement SPC methods, and track yield activities.
INTEL CORPORATION/NUMONYX B.V., SANTA CLARA, CA FEB 2005 – JAN 2009
ADVANCED MODULE R&D ENGINEER (THIN FILMS/DIFFUSION)
Developed and HVM transferred process technology for thermal and wet cleans process modules for NOR flash memory and Pentium micro-processor and chipset.
Granted 3 Intel divisional recognition awards for - developing FEOL process integration scheme, developing selective etch sequence for self-aligned contact architecture for 45 nm NOR flash technology and implementing yield improvement solutions for 65nm NOR flash technology.
Led technology development efforts on ALD based films for IPD scaling and Epitaxial Si evaluations for NOR flash technology insertions at 45 nm and 32 nm
Led technology transfer activities to overseas and within US fab for front end thin film modules resulting in matched yield using SPC and best tool matching practices.
Led the yield and defect team to resolve multiple yield issues to meet customer shipment commitments, simultaneously resolved 5 issues to improve yield by 35uring ramp.
Established new processes and tools to improve yield and process stability for wet clean and thermal processes.
AMERICAN AIR LIQUIDE, CHICAGO, IL FEB 2002 – DEC 2004
Primary research focused on deposition of High-k dielectric films (HfO2, La2O3, Al2O3) on Si using ALD for development of proprietary precursor development on high aspect ratio 3D structures.
Designed and developed an ALD reactor system for film deposition with in-situ moisture monitoring.
Responsible for film analysis and MOS IV & CV characterization.
ADVANCED MATERIALS RESEARCH LABORATORY, UIC CHICAGO, IL AUG 2000 – DEC 2004
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Grad Student)
Deposition of High-k dielectric films on Si using ALD/MOCVD and interface studies of high-k/Si systems.
Computational fluid dynamics study of MOCVD process.
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Birla Institute of Science & Technology, Pilani, IN
Problem Solving (8D, FMEA, etc)
Failure Analysis Thin Films (PECVD, ALD, PVD)
High Volume Manufacturing (HVM)
IP Management Process Integration
Diffusion, Wet cleans, Laser patterning
Presentations & Publications
Authored 20 US and International Patents
Presented 10 Research Papers at Refereed Conferences
Authored 8 Journal Publications
See the list of select few patents, publications and presentations below:
1. Anand Deshpande, M. Moslehi, et-al, “Fabrication methods for monolithically isled back contact back junction solar cells”. US9379258 B2, Sep 2014.
2. Anand Deshpande, Heather Deshazer, Pawan Kapur, Mehrdad Moslehi, “Structures and methods of formation of contiguous and non-contiguous base regions for high efficiency back-contact solar cells”. WO2013181298 A1, May 2013
3. Anand Deshpande, Pawan Kapur, M. Moslehi, “Fabrication methods for back contact solar cells” US20150171230, Sep 2014
4. Anand Deshpande, Sean Seutter, M. Moslehi, “Back contact solar cells using aluminum-based alloy metallization” US20140360567, Mar 2013
5. Anand Deshpande, “Self-aligned contacts for back contact solar cells” WO2015120989 A1, Feb 2014
6. Anand Deshpande, M. Moslehi, “Solar cell surface passivation using photo-anneal” WO2016019396 A3, Aug 2015
7. Anand Deshpande, Viren Rana, “Laser annealing applications in high-efficiency solar cells,” Application EP2819181A1, Nov 2011
8. Anand Deshpande, Viren Rana et-al “ Laser doping for making back contact bac junction solar cells”, WO2016033614A1, Aug 2015
9. Anand Deshpande, Pawan Kapur, “Aluminum oxide passivation for solar cells” WO2015081341A1, Dec 2014.
Publications and Presentations
1. Anand Deshpande, Pawan Kapur, Mehrdad Moslehi, “A Manufacturable, Non-Plated, Non-Ag Metallization Based 20.44fficient, 243cm2 Area, Back Contacted Solar Cell on 40um Thick Mono-Crystalline Silicon”, EU-PVSC 2013
2. Anand Deshpande, Greg Jursich, Ron Inman, “Alkyl Amino Precursor Evaluation in the Formation of Hafnium Oxide Films Using Atomic Layer Deposition” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings 765, 103 (2003)
3. Anand Deshpande, Greg Jursich, Ron Inman, C.G. Takoudis, “Atomic Layer Deposition and Characterization of Hafnium Oxide Grown on Silicon" Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 22, 2035-2040 (2004).
4. Anand Deshpande, S. Murali, C.G. Takoudis "Modeling of the metalorganic chemical vapor deposition of tantalum oxide from tantalum ethoxide and oxygen" IND ENG CHEM RES 44 (16): 6387-6392 AUG 3 2005
5. Anand Deshpande, Greg Jursich, Ron Inman, C.G. Takoudis “ Interface structure of HfO2 films deposited on Si (100) by ALD” Microelectronic Engineering, Volume 83, Issue 3, March 2006, Pages 547-552 (2006)
6. Anand Deshpande, Greg Jursich, Ron Inman, C.G. Takoudis " Annealing behavior of ALD HfO2 films:Changes at Interface", J. Appl. Phys. Volume 99, Issue 9, pp. 094102-094102-7 (2006)
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.