Operations Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Yelm, Washington
||Date Posted: 4/18/2017
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Performance-focused, multifaceted, and detail-oriented professional, offering broad-based experience in operations management; complemented with strong ability to coordinate equipment throughput to support customers’ logistical needs. Skilled at formulating standardized training documentation; minimizing new hire processing time; as well as implementing safety operations. Equipped with solid interpersonal and communication aptitudes essential in establishing productive rapport with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
MAGNUM CRANE SERVICES, Federal Way, WA
PROJECT MANAGER | DISPATCH Sep 2015–Mar 2017
- Provided expert management to operations and projects of a mobile crane fleet, including 11 mobile cranes ranging from 28 to 265 tons.
- Directly supervised 14 operating engineers tasked to support the Northwestern United States, including projects, technology improvements, and labor on a daily basis.
- Held responsibility in coordinating throughput of mechanical, cellular, commercial, and industrial equipment to support customers’ logistical needs, while offering consultation to customers for project development.
- Efficiently handled 70 logistical projects that required the coordinated movement of equipment from various organizations throughout Washington, many of which required special permits, subject to curfews, and required specific timing and sequences.
- Assumed full accountability in assigning operating engineers to more than 2,000 projects as well as coordinating transport requirements of more than 200 individual pieces of equipment including oversize and super-loads.
> Steered efforts in creating a Visual Basic-based email utility used by the Operations Department to extract data from dispatching software and to summarize the project details to provide customers with improved communication at the time of project scheduling and confirmation; thus saving more than $9K over the course of a year by reducing time requirements as well as filling gaps in communication for more than 500 projects.
> Enhanced presentations, mathematical models, and data relationships by reestablishing 13 Crystal Reports products.
> Demonstrated skills in developing a series of layers for Google Earth to present data graphically to employees to support their research in project development.
UNITED STATES ARMY, Various Locations
OPERATIONS MANAGER — Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA Jan 2013–Aug 2015
- Displayed competency in fulfilling the following roles:
- Senior administrator accountable for training coordination, personnel supervision, and policy development and execution for a 143-personnel organization;
- Advisor to the senior director regarding institutional and operational policy as well as logistical requirements for organizational level movements; and
- Primary editor for the organization’s 200-page tactical operating procedures publication which was recognized for its comprehensive method and instinctive layout from the National Training Center in Fort Irwin, California.
> Minimized new hire processing time by 33% by creating a Microsoft Access database and hosting Microsoft SharePoint to gather personnel information to facilitate a metric-based approach to organizational performance.
> Implemented 11 redundant analog and digital systems by partnering with sister organizations in protocol development.
SENIOR ENGINEER — Headquarters and Headquarters Company (HHC), SBCT, Afghanistan Nov 2011–Dec 2012
- Served as the senior advisor to portfolio manager to synchronize engineer assets across 27,554 square miles; exhibited hazard reduction expertise to 6 separate agencies; and oversaw life, health, and safety processes for projects across the region.
- Coordinated assessment to senior staff and partner organizations with regard to hazard reduction and intelligence.
- Provided expert oversight to engineer operations, including construction, projects, and hazard reduction efforts.
> Obtained accolades from two organizations’ senior directors for the success of Hazard Reduction Training within the region.
> Conceptualized a database with a metric-based approach to hazard reduction which was adopted by outside organizations.
SECTION MANAGER — SBCT, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA Aug 2009–Oct 2011
- Took full charge of supervising nine personnel; providing assistance with operational activities development; as well as handling preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment worth more than $8M.
- Rendered oversight to a 28-personnel team in implementing hazard reduction operations as well as in designing and coordinating fabrication of a device used to minimize road hazards.
- Offered assistance to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to lead them in developing civil reconstruction projects; gathering and documenting the placement of 200 culverts along a 10-mile stretch of road including pictures, descriptions, status of construction, and whether a viable bypass was present.
TEAM LEAD — Fort Drum, NY Mar 2007–Jul 2009
- Directly supervised four-personnel team in charge of executing tasks designated by the section manager.
- Exemplified capabilities in providing training while ensuring safety and welfare of personnel.
TEAM MEMBER — Fort Drum, NY Feb 2004–Feb 2007
- Served as member of a four-personnel team that implemented routine operations and training in support to senior director.
> Received commendation as the best armament specialist within more than 500 personnel organization for outstanding initiative and skills, while supporting two separate departments within the organization.
AMAZON, Sumner, WA
INNOVATIONS AREA MANAGER FELLOW Apr 2015–Jun 2015
- Assumed the role of an area manager for the Reverse Logistics Department while dealing with process improvement project.
- Executed benchmarks for three processes from the assessment of associate performance over a six-month time frame, and utilized Lean Six Sigma concepts to remove outlying data to ensure accuracy.
- Formulated standardized training documentation for 11 processes within the Reverse Logistics Department to create a training model, support cross-training efforts to balance processes, and guarantee redundancy in knowledge.
- Facilitated training for process assistant regarding data interpretation.
- Guaranteed continued success by assisting the department leadership on new workstation development.
> Drove efforts in elevating output by 113% and balancing throughput for one process by determining a constraint within the process flow.
> Generated an automated end-of-shift report that extracted data from seven websites and integrated performance information into a user-friendly interface, thereby established visibility and accountability for the hierarchy of management and associates within the department.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND SECURITY | In Progress (Expected Completion Date: Aug 2017) | Online
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, Adelphi, MD
121 Credits Ongoing
Member, National Society of Leadership and Success
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES — GENERAL STUDIES | 2012
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE, Killeen, TX
Project Management | Process Improvement | Quality Control and Assurance | Personnel Supervision
Cross-functional Collaboration and Leadership | Rapid Conflict Resolution | Client Relations and Services
Database Management Training
Software Development Training
Secure Software Development Training
MOS: Office 2013 Master Certification | Certiport, Lakewood, WA | 2015
Lean Six Sigma: Green Belt Certification | City University of Seattle, Tacoma, WA | 2015
MTA: Networking Fundamentals Certification | Microsoft, Lacey, WA | 2015
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defleury Medal (Engineer Regimental Award)
Bronze Star Medal (2)
Army Commendation Medals (3)
Army Achievement Medals (5)
Commandant’s List (Two Military Leadership Courses)
Distinguished Leadership Awardee (One Military Leadership Course)
Active Member, American Mensa (Scholarship Essay Evaluator, Regional Scholarship Program)
Coach, Yelm Basketball
Microsoft Office Master | HTML | Java | VBA | PHP | MySQL | SQL | Microsoft Technology Associate - Networking Fundamentals
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.