|Desired Industry: Education/Teaching/Training
|Desired Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 6/29/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: July 21, 2006
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
My objective is to obtain a challenging and rewarding position in the area of early and elementary childhood education. My mission is to include all children of various backgrounds and abilities, in order to facilitate a supportive and learning conducive environment.
Over the past years I have gained extensive experience in various teacher roles. I have eight years experience in early childhood development learning. For five years I worked for Philly Kids Play It Safe, where I was a Child Care Coordinator and Administrative Assistant. Two years at Kinder Care Learning Center, where I was at first, a Pre-Kindergarten teacher, and then worked with the preschool population. I worked at La Petite for three years. Currently, I work as a head Teacher/ Supervisor at JP Morgan/Chase back-up Childcare. These various experiences helped me learn how to plan and develop academic records, lesson plans, and solve everyday practical situations. I look forward to exploring the opportunity of working with your program.
• Work with multi- age, racially mixed children.
• Work with NAEYC guidelines.
• Continuous interaction with children. Respect and observe children interest and intervene when needed to maintain a healthy classroom atmosphere
• Planned activities that focused on sensory, cognitive, language, music/movement, and personal experience.
• Took necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Instructed students in academic subject, utilizing various techniques, such as phonetic, multi sensory learning, and repetition, and reinforcement learning.
• Planed and prescribed constant assignments for substitute, tutors and volunteers as needed
• Composed letters, reports, and memos, including responding to routine mail using appropriate content format
• Interpreted operating policies; exercised independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems
• Worked with socio-economic and children with special needs and challenges.
Wilmington College, New Castle, DE
Delaware Technical and Community College, Wilmington, DE
A.A. in Early Childhood Education and Childhood Development
First Aid Administration: Valid until 05/2008
CPR Certification: Valid until 05/2007
5/26 Weaving a Tapestry of Care A Back-up Solutions Conference
5/006 Understanding Children’s Behavior
04/2005- Development of Curriculum Planning
2005 Team Work Recognition (Bright Horizon)
11/2002(on going training) - Administration of Medication and Certificate in Management and Administration
02/2001- Concepts of Professionalism
11/2002- Certificate in Management and Administration
11/2002- Administration of Medication
Early Childhood Education and Development
Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access) 7.0 Adobe, and Photoshop.
•Classroom Management •Health , Safety and Nutrition for children
•Teaching Exceptional Child (Classroom Management and training in working with various Special Need Children).
•Community Outreach Programs
• Designing a classroom that pertains to diversity of the child, family, and community
Team work and organizational skills.
2002-2005: Method Instructor/ Intern with 3rd to 4th grade as Special Educator with Autism Program -George Read Middle School
2004-2005 3rd Grade Reading Specialist- Richey Elementary School.
2000-2002 Student Teaching: Delaware Tech Child Development Center.
1999-2001 Volunteered at Frankford Community Center, I taught English as a second language to young Hispanic students and was the assistant director for their volunteer program.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.