Assistant Vice President Resume
|Desired Industry: Healthcare
|Desired Job Location: Rosedale, New York
||Date Posted: 7/11/2016
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 80000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Accomplished, results-driven, and dedicated professional, with hands-on background in healthcare administration, consultation and planning, risk management, as well as ambulatory care adult primary care services within the healthcare setting. Known for excellent leadership skills; adept at developing and integrating new healthcare delivery systems to enhance total quality of care as well as to maximize human and financial resources. Equipped with effective communication and coordination aptitudes essential in working with healthcare professionals to consistently deliver exceptional patient care.
CONFIDENTIAL, Brooklyn, NY
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Ambulatory Care Adult Primary Care Aug 2015–Present
- Provide strategic direction to 14 clerical associates, 1 clerical supervisor, 1 assistant coordinating manager, 1 coordinating manager, as well as 17 full-time equivalents.
- Take charge of the overall daily management of Adult Medicine Practice, while leading the clerical staff of the Adult Primary Care.
- Plan and organize activities related to personnel management, mandatory training, and employee appraisals.
- Assess and generate reports on any inadequate staffing levels to the senior associate director.
- Determine and settle all of the service-related issues with adult medicine affecting revenue generation and close-visit activity.
- Leverage skills in conducting analysis of the practice function and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Confer with medical, technical, and nursing leadership toward resolution of both inter- and intra-department issues.
- Proactively participate in all pertinent meeting pertaining Ambulatory Care operations, performance improvement, morning huddle, and departmental meeting.
- Enhanced primary care access to patients by running the Vital Access Provider Program (VAP).
- Devised Delivery Systems Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) initiatives while handling the provider panel management and patient continuity.
- Developed and modified policy and procedures for the department, as well as closely monitored the programmatic functions to ensure alignment with all regulatory authorities, the Joint Commission standards, and The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Managed the presentation of the Daily Management Systems (DMS) using Lean methodologies to drive key performance indicators and metrics, as well as enhance new patient volume, financial collectability, and timely delivery of patient care services.
BROOKDALE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER, Brooklyn, NY
ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR, Department of Emergency Services Apr 2013–May 2014
- Rendered expert oversight to all aspects of administrative operations of the Department of Emergency Services.
- Facilitated overall assessments of operations to ensure and maintain highly effective delivery of services to patients.
- Worked closely with service and clinical personnel to establish plan of improvement in accordance with company guidelines.
- Thoroughly evaluated the operational metrics and data benchmarking of Emergency Department toward performance optimization in the delivery of services.
- Assumed leadership role in managing and executing performance evaluation for 19 patient registration staff and 3 unit clerks.
- Functioned as a primary administrative liaison among Emergency Services Department and various internal/external departments, disciplines, as well as agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Prepared official and legal documents including birth and death certificates, proof of admission, treatment, and contracts of service.
- Expertly managed and controlled a budget of approximately $16M which involved full-time equivalent staff, operations, and capital budget expenditures.
- Resolved patient complaints and internal/external conflicts, which enhanced positive situations affecting the quality of service execution and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAPS).
- Drove efforts in implementing emergency management training and performance improvement initiatives, while ensuring proper execution of hospital’s emergency management plan.
- Contributed to the development and implementation of the Electronic Medical Record, Epic® -A.S.A.P module and FDNY’s XchangER®, for the Emergency Services Department.
ADMINISTRATOR ON DUTY, Schulman and Schachne Institute Oct 2009–Dec 2013
- Closely monitored operations within the 530-bed teaching hospital and 2 long term-care facilities, while serving as incident commander during emergency management activities.
- Maintained a highly productive and efficient environment to guarantee the delivery of optimum patient care and safety.
- Initiated risk assessments on a regular basis which reduced risk and liability on the institution.
- Employed environment of care rounds (EOC) throughout the hospital to identify and resolve issues related to patient safety and satisfaction.
- Maintained adequate number of resources, including medical supplies for physicians and nurses in support of quality patient care.
MANAGER, Department of Medicine Feb 2008–Mar 2013
- Conducted environmental and safety rounds to deliver a safe and therapeutic environment in line with physical and emotional needs of patients within the Medical Unit.
- Maintained interaction with nursing supervisors, attending physicians, and house staff in leading and coordinating non-nursing and clinical functions.
- Supervised discharge planning with other disciplines working on patient care plans.
- Efficiently administered the steady flow of patient discharges and proper communication of new admissions from the Medical units to the Hospital Admissions Department.
- Offered hands-on support in the implementation of various projects throughout the hospital, assigned by the department head and vice-president.
BRONX HEALTH REACH-INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH, Bronx, NY
PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH, Intern Dec–Jun 2015
- Performed needs assessment to research on best practices for elementary school policies, facilities, and training for physical education and physical activity in District 9 elementary schools in Bronx, New York.
MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH IN HEALTH EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, AND COMMUNICATIONS, 2015
Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AND COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
MINOR IN SOCIOLOGY, 2007
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE) | The American Public Health Association (APHA)
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
American college of healthcare executive
Finance and Budget Management ~ Rapid Conflict Resolution ~ Quality Assurance and Control ~ Crisis Intervention
Resource Management ~ Clinical Operational Streamlining ~ Staff Training and Development
National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.: Health Education Specialist Certification
Six Sigma Lean Green certifaction
Volunteer Youth Mentor, Alpha G.E.N.T.S Program - Wall Street Alphas Charitable Foundation, Inc.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) | SPSS
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.