Analytical Chemist Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Mountain View, California
||Date Posted: 6/26/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 06.26.06
|Desired Wage: 85k
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Conor Medsystems [www.conormed.com]
Menlo Park, CA
QC Analytical Chemist, charged with the timely analysis of Conor’s drug-eluting stent technologies and validation of these protocols, in accordance with cGMP guidelines.
- Completed ‘finished goods’ analysis on released lots, in support of long-term product stability projections.
- Ensured both GMP and company quality standards were upheld via regular analysis of in-process devices by HPLC.
- Drafted SOPs, for use by Conor associates company-wide.
- Developed and executed pre-method validation protocols for next-generation device technologies.
- Instructed group as to chromatographic software upgrades, including cGMP compliance functions.
- Rewrote chemical waste containment practices, in accordance with industry-specific handling and exposure criteria.
2004 to 2005
ILYPSA Incorporated [www.ilypsa.com]
Santa Clara, CA
Compound performance analyst in support of various GLP preclinical studies, including method development, method validation and sample analysis, in accordance with regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Conducted 24/7 analytics operations, including regular instrument maintenance, performance analysis and tuning, method development and sample analysis.
- Created validation and analytical run reports, interacting with QA group, in order to achieve GLP compliance.
- Compiled data in support of a variety of IND/NDA filings.
- Consulted chemists and biologists as to the preparation of samples and subsequent elucidation of analytes.
2001 to 2004
Iconix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. [www.iconixpharm.com]
Mountain View, CA
Compound analyst and toxicology researcher, responsible for the characterization of 3000+ FDA drugs, novel therapeutics and known toxicants.
- Assembled company's, DrugMatrix, chemogenomics research application, by way of extensive compound character analysis and screening.
- Oversaw compound library, performing daily drug characterization and purity analyses.
- Advised team as to these drug's toxicologic / pharmacokinetic parameters.
- Mined FDA, proprietary and academic literature.
- Completely re-vamped organization, structure and presentation of tox data, a part of the DrugMatrix platform, via Filemaker Pro software.
- Served as liaison between Drug Informatics and Drug Discovery / Toxicology departments, providing testing and dosing recommendations for both.
1997 to 2000
Biophysica Foundation [www.biophysica.net]
La Jolla, CA
Research Chemist / Biologist
Resident chemist / biologist, responsible for the scale formulation of compounds engineered by the Drug Discovery group, and preliminary analysis of said drugs in vivo.
- Synthesized and analyzed novel therapeutics for the treatment of prostate, skin and brain cancers, alopecia (hair loss) and for use in radiographic analysis.
- Advised team regarding cost, quality and yield improvements made to drug synthesis protocols.
- Drafted synthesis, isolation and purity findings, for the advancement of international patent applications and/or sale to prospective partners abroad; including Pfizer, Schering Plough, GSK and the L'Oreal.
- Carried out in vivo exposure exercises, concerned with anti-tumorigenic drug response (SD Albino rats), in accordance with FDA Redbook Guidelines.
1996 to 1997
Aurora Biosciences [www.aurorabio.com]
La Jolla, CA
Research Associate, in support of the Diagnostics, Robotics and Drug Discovery Groups.
- Performed PCR / Gel Electrophoresis, via the ABI Prism Sequencing Core.
- Undertook tests of company's Satellite Science - virtual research facility.
- Processed inter-departmental sera samples by Flow Cytometry analysis.
1994 to 1995
Clorox of America [www.clorox.com]
Production Associate, responsible for TPP(Test Pilot Production) diagnostics and manufacturing activities.
- Directed team of 15, during daily design, development and manufacture of Clorox bleached-based products, in accordance with cGMP guidelines.
- Served as plant safety liaison, during weekly waste water alkalinity exercises.
Bachelor of Science - General Biology
University of California, San Diego
Member – American Chemical Society (ACS)
- HPLC, LC/MS, IC, GC, GPC, UV, IR, NMR, Melting Point & KF (Aquametry)
- Flash Chromatography and Solid Phase Extraction
- Scale Organic Synthesis
- PCR and Gel Electrophoresis
- Flow Cytometry
- Waters Empower™, Hitachi EZ Chrom™, Dionex Chromeleon™ and Agilent ChemStation™ HPLC Management Software
- Windows & Mac OS, HTML & XML, Filemaker Pro, Lotus Notes & Turbo Pascal
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.