Purchasing and Inventory Management Resume
|Desired Industry: Purchasing/Buyers
|Desired Job Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
||Date Posted: 6/12/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 06/13/2006
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No Preference
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Accomplished 20-year Purchasing and Inventory Management veteran with strong interpersonal skills, multitasking abilities, and a team leader focused on achieving business objectives. Recognized for:
* Cost Control
* Inventory Control
* Resource Management
* Decision Making
Known for defining and implementing a shared vision encouraging innovation, productivity, and results leading to excellence.
BEACON TECHNOLOGIES, Nashville, TN 2000 - 2006
Nation-Wide cabling, information technology, audio/video, security, and telephony solutions provider to government, private, and commercial businesses with over $13M gross sales.
Manager, Purchasing and Inventory Control
Supervisor, Warehouse Operations
* Reviewed and changed the entire inventory and warehouse process making major improvements in work flow and cost savings. Started with weekly inventory audits and full audits every quarter to ensure and validate 99% accuracy. Redesigned warehouse layout for efficiency; added speed racks, forklift, and staging areas for on going jobs. Developed warehouse location system to track each job. Moved to just in time inventory as a final step. Entire process reduced inventory and labor costs.
* Developed a new order entry system utilizing MS Outlook that dramatically improved delivery time and purchase order processing. Reduced administrative staff requirement to one, enabling reassignment and expanding cross-training opportunities. Administrative costs brought in-line with strategic plan while improving order entry times and delivery times.
* Negotiated Net 60 day terms with all major vendors at no additional cost; saved $900K annually; negotiated special project terms of up to Net 120 days at no additional cost with same vendors.
* Developed all warehouse, inventory control, and purchasing processes. Facilitated training for warehouse and inventory control employees on all new processes. Standardized operating procedures and standards for all departments built a one work process culture that fostered an efficient work place with reduced operational time and labor costs.
* Negotiated long-term 1-year cable contract saving over $300K. With copper prices increasing, negotiated contract that locked cost at current price. As a 120-day net terms deal vendor held cable, shipped and billed only when ordered. Treated vendors as partners to build long-term partnerships.
MADISON BOOKS & COMPUTERS INC., Madison, AL 1984 - 2000
A retail store and wholesaler with sales over$23M providing computers, software, cables, networking, and custom built hardware for government, private, and commercial businesses.
Manager, Purchasing and Inventory Control
* Developed volume purchase contracts with vendors saving 3.5% on cost of goods netting over $40K first year profits. Teamed with company’s financial institutions to increase line of credit to $2.5M.
* Negotiated free 3-day airfreight shipping on all orders regardless of size from vendors, further improving margins and service while decreasing delivery times.
* Analyzed and automated sales and purchasing operating software and upgraded hardware improving productivity 35% and net revenue streams. Trained new and incumbent employees on updated software and systems implementation.
* Conducted in-depth analysis and process review of sales and purchasing departments. Created dealer cost databases for products and vendors. Provided real-time pricing at all times, reducing research time and increasing productivity.
* Established and implemented just-in-time inventory and stocking level control program that decreased overall costs.
* Teamed with software developer in designing an integrated bar coding system for existing programs that included all relevant information for instant historical information access. Instituting Point of Sale to scan products eliminated manual entry system and reduced inventory audits from two-days with four-people to one-person and only six-hours.
KCI Services, Huntsville, AL 1996 - 1999
A repair company with a staff of one-full time and three-part-time employees specializing in computer and high-end CAD/Cam Monitors to local computer stores, companies, and government.
* Trained employees on test equipment and monitor repairs. Offered best pricing, service, and warranties in the area. Company purchased by regional operator from Missouri.
DODD ELECTRONICS, Huntsville, AL 1982 - 1984
A large electronics surplus and computer retailer with 12,000sq.ft. sales floor and warehouse. One of the first to offer a full range of computers in the north Alabama area.
* Purchased lost and damaged electronic equipment related freight lots under bid through contacts with Federal Express and other carriers.
* Successfully managed contracts and identified wholesale buyers or through in retail sales.
* Managed payroll, accounting, banking, and purchasing while directing day-to-day business operations.
CHARLOTTE ELECTRONICS, Fort Myers, FL 1979 - 1982
One of the largest mobile telephone and business radio providers in central Florida.
Manager, Service Department
ONAN CORPORATION, Madison, AL 1976 - 1979
One of the largest engine and generator manufacturers in the world.
BACHELORS DEGREE, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, course work
J.C. Calhoun Community College, Decatur, AL
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE, INDUSTRIAL/COMPUTER ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
North Alabama Skills Center, Decatur, AL
Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.