|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: South Jordan, Utah
||Date Posted: 10/2/2014
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
Motivated and proven Sales , Operations, Quality Assurance professional with over 30 years in solution-based sales, account and operations management in the technology, electronics and telecommunications industries. Provides services in the commercial and federal sectors. Proven record as a hands-on manager of consultative and solution selling, new business development, and network and relationship building approaches that improve company initiatives and sustain strong revenue gains. Has comprehensive P&L responsibility including a successful track record for controlling and reducing costs, increasing gross margins, and improving company profitability. Possesses a proven ability to influence business partners through effective communication and excellent problem-solving skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Well-versed in business operations within the technology industry, with proven experience and success in operational effectiveness, strategic planning, manufacturing and production, process improvement, and supply chain logistics.
• Skilled in leading cross-functional teams in business turnarounds, with a track record of significant increases in revenue generation and cost savings.
• Quality Management systems and manufacturing technologies and small business risks.
• Through concerted efforts with key manufacturers and strategic account planning, has taken previously dormant accounts and turned them into high revenue producing accounts.
• Proven experience in identifying key business issues and developing proactive marketing strategies.
• Development of employee policies and procedures.
• Performs business valuations and forecasting as a skilled negotiator and strategist.
• Comprehensive experience in environments with problem resolution, providing solutions in a time-critical, fast-paced, and high-volume setting.
• The preparation of sales forecasts in addition to sales and marketing budgets.
Admissions Officer Global SLC Campus, UT 2012 - Present
• Call Center- Reach out to University inquiries; foster relationships with those interested in furthering their education; determine eligibility for enrollment.
• Work with multiple departments to assist students with acclimating to becoming a University student and how to be successful.
• Student retention-Coach new enrollments through the startup and online learning process to be successful.
• Strive to foster team efforts and actively assist other Admission Officers in meeting goals and objectives.
• Strive to meet Admissions goals and objectives in a professional and courteous manner while maintaining integrity.
• Adhere to and maintain corporate, campus and department policy and procedures.
Owner / Consultant Ashburn, VA 2010 - 2011
• Leads a team while managing a $12 million contract manufacturing firm in Monroe, NC.
• Responsible for assisting companies in developing processes and systems to meet business needs including processes around scrap reduction through Design for Manufacturing, redesigning legacy products, and RoHS conversions. Increased bottom-line profit by $100K.
• Directed efforts by implementing strategic relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers. Provides operational support, outside sales, and product development while maintaining client relations.
• On-track to surpass yearly quota for 2011 through strategic account planning with key manufacturing partners and joint tactical meetings with enterprise level clients.
• Leads teams in maintaining favorable profit margins by negotiating and eliminating costs, streamlining technology, and providing recommendations on improving productivity.
• Effectively negotiates key contracts with strategic clients to generate significant savings and increase corporate profitability.
• Develops and initiates marketing strategy to effectively establish new leads, maintain the current customer base, and renew past relationships in promoting S6 solutions.
• Builds relationships with multiple levels of each customer organization while positioning team members for focus on defined projects and business needs.
• Generates in-depth forecasting and analysis which aids in the risk mitigation of seasonality and unexpected market fluctuations in targeted markets. Performs the analysis and design of various sales reports such as call reports, lost bid reports, pipeline reports, etc., for results.
Sales Manager / Buyer Monroe, NC 2009 - 2010
• Performed Quality Assurance duties for 3 companies.
• Liaised with clients, quality and engineering staff to develop solutions and product enhancements fostering increased growth in sales by over $2M in over 1.5 years.
• Increased sales by 18% over the course of a year.
• Identifies and qualifies clients for specific sales opportunities across several different verticals and conducts market research, collecting and analyzing information.
• Drove new business by executing prospecting campaigns, profiling, and negotiating to generate revenue.
• Consulted with management team on sales progress and with clients to evaluate satisfaction and analyze current needs and market trends.
• Liaised with the Product Managers, Marketing Managers, and purchasing ensuring all aspects of the business are aligned and working towards the increase in revenue.
• Provides solutions to requests regarding availability, pricing, delivery and the application of various technologies.
Owner / Consultant Monroe, NC 2008 - 2009
• Coordinated engineering changes in a cost-effective manner.
• Facilitated meetings with clients assisting with defining new IT requirements and liaised with vendors and internal technical resources on joint client calls.
• Balanced priorities for short-term and long-range goals and tracked sales and gross profit performance.
• Conducted review and analysis of product pricing and gross margin goals for existing and new products.
Industrial Fabricators, Inc
Automation Specialist Gastonia, NC 2008 - 2008
• Designed process and implemented automated sheet metal fabrication line.
• Prepared and maintained compliance engineering documentation.
AB Electronics, Inc
Operations Manager Brookfield, CT 2002 - 2008
• Led multiple teams and projects contributing to $1.6 million increase in sales and an 88.5% customer satisfaction rating.
• Instrumental in the development of corporate strategy, manufacturing processes, and continuous improvement to increase operational profits while decreasing costs.
• Reduced overtime expenditures by 40% and increased on time delivery (OTD) to 98% from 72%.
• Designed and implemented ISO 9000 systems and managed through multiple re-registrations and yearly audits
• Designed operations metrics for monitoring and measuring efficiency, scrap, process productivity, equipment and resource utilization. The methodology used various statistical process control (SPC) techniques.
• Mapped, installed and administered 2 internal networks which included MS 2003 Server and SQL.
• Developed and implemented full disaster recovery programs for Wi-Fi, LAN, and WAN network topologies.
• Implemented ERP and Web based information systems.
• Conducted educational solder training for a local trade school.
Rapid Power Technologies
Production Manager Brookfield, CT 2000 - 2002
• Increased productivity 30% and provided employee training through mentoring and mistake-proofing techniques.
International Creative Data, Inc.
Operations Manager Bethel, CT 1983 - 2000
• Developed QA/QC Systems- including processes and procedures and liaised with Department of Defense (DoD) customers.
Strayer University Washington D.C.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Anticipated - 2014
Waterbury State Tech. College.
Concentration in Electronics 1987
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Including Engineering and Manufacturing)
AS9100, ISO 9001, IPC-610-E, Mil-STD-2000 Instructor Examiner, Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping Quality Management, Military Electronics, Contact Manufacturing, MiI-I-45208 and Mil-Q- 9858
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.