accounting position Resume
|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: san jose, California
||Date Posted: 2/19/2014
|Type of Position: Other
||Availability Date: immediately
|Desired Wage: $40,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Superior knowledge in SAP system, advanced Excel, Sage accounting software (Simply Accounting, Quick Books) with two years' experience in accounting field. Responsible, fast-paced, hard working, and well-organized with the ability to work under pressure, and meet deadline. Understanding of accounting principles, auditing procedure, and tax laws through current training on work at Florida Department of Revenue-New York Service Center, personal income tax at Liberty Tax service center, and past accounting education from university.
Demonstrated strengths include:
• Exceptional ability in preparing spread sheets to manage and analyst the accounts in financial statement, aging report and business projects while meeting the demanding schedule and the level of accuracy.
• Capable of working on accounting projects with knowledge of many computerized accounting software and accounting principal.
• Ability to gather information from multiple sources, understand and interpret tax law, contracts and documents and make appropriate recommendation.
Tax Auditor at Florida Department of Revenue, New York Service Center, New Jersey, US, Jul 2013-Feb 2014
• Maintained and acquired budgeted hours for Process Group Manager, reviewed and scheduled case workload to ensure efficient use of time in order to work on case audit inventory, and related tax returns imported from SAP system.
• Performed audit entrance interview with taxpayer to learn about the business activities, to explain about the audit procedure, to verify business information on SAP system, and to obtain a field audit appointment date.
• Performed pre-audit analysis activities such as: examining business structure and profile on Secretary of State Corporate website, reviewing prior audit results, standard industry guides, and Florida Statute and Rules in order to develop audit plans and procedures to be followed during audits; and to establish audit trails analysis.
• Examined and analyzed books and records, and accounting systems of taxpayers both electronically and physically at a taxpayer's location to identify additional liabilities or tax evasion; computeed tax assessments based upon evidence and data developed from audits.
• Applied one of audit technique (stratified statistical sampling, test months, and details technique ) to conduct an audit.
• Reviewed chart of accounts for the entire audit period and select expense accounts to investigate tax issues and to reconcile with expense invoices.
• Reviewed fixed asset schedule for the entire audit period to determine assets were purchased and /or brought into Florida and to reconcile with available purchase invoices.
• Examined lease agreements and rental bills from commercial property rental to decide taxable/nontaxable items.
• Reviewed and selected taxable sales and exempt sales transactions to test the tax rate, and surtax or county tax; and to examine the resale/exemption certificates, sales invoices, and cash receipts to substantiate the exempt sales.
• Prepared spread sheet to reconcile gross sales from the monthly sales tax returns to the monthly sales journals and to the Florida Corporate tax returns.
• Created audit case exhibits, added and managed attachments to audit zip file and audit viewer file in order to prepare audit work papers for assessment.
• Prepared reports of audit results; made recommendations for improvements in taxpayers' accounting methods or internal procedures and controls.
• Participated in or independently conducts closing conference with taxpayers and/or taxpayer's representatives; may explain applicable laws and facts supporting changes in tax liabilities and attempts to secure agreement to findings in audit reports.
• Prepared spread-sheet for expenses and sales tax analysis in order to assist in performing more complex audits of all necessary records and tax returns to determine tax compliance.
Loan processor at Magic Bancorp, Fountain Valley, California, US, Jan 2013-Jun 2013
• Communicated with clients to advise the type of the loan, explained the loan's terms which are suitable, and to answer the questions about the process.
• Collected the clients' necessary information such as income, assets liabilities, and others for a loan application through email, phone, and face to face contacts.
• Verified the borrowers' information by contacting several different companies including credit companies, the applicant's employer, appraisers, escrows, and other specified companies.
• Communicated with real estate companies to evaluate the property value.
• Processed the borrowers' information into the loan system.
• Reviewed the loan package and the property's closing condition to make sure the accurate according to the policy; and submitted the approved application to the lenders.
• Followed up the process of the loan application, updated documents requested from the lenders; and contacted the loan closer to finish the deal.
Accounts Receivable Clerk at ACP Marketing Canada Inc, Montreal-Quebec, Canada, Oct 2010-Mar 2012
• Processed RBS & BNC payment receipts & checks into ACP Master and Sage 50 Accounting (Simply Accounting) in multi-currencies for ACP, AccesRail and Secrets on the daily basic.
• Processed cash and credit card transactions & update and maintain credit master file on the daily basic.
• Prepared invoices for the collection.
• Worked on customer charge back issues including: collecting proof-of-transactions, applying a dispute and resolving payment discrepancies for Call Centre & Secret.
• Performed daily, weekly and monthly journal entries; and analysis as needed to support the financial statements.
• Prepared monthly bank reconciliation for different accounts and ensure presence of all appropriate data for bank accounts, identifying what is pending.
• Assisted Corporate Controller in the preparation of the monthly general ledger closing and of the monthly and annual financial statements in order to report to the auditors.
• Supported Account Payable clerk on the daily , weekly processing data entries; and monthly bank reconciliation.
• Work with Account Payable clerk in order to assist Corporate Controller in the preparation of monthly budget.
• Performed research & analysis as needed to establish a long term outstanding list in order to work with sales team to balance sales' need and the company's collection.
• Prepared spread- sheets for monthly and annually account receivable aging report in order to review customers' account for status records including write-offs, delinquency and adjustments ; and for others revenue & cost reports in order to interact with Settlement Administrator on payment received issues
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, John Molson School of Business, University of Concordia, Montreal-Quebec-Canada
Jan-2010 GPA 3.08
• Intermediate Accounting
• Accounting Information Systems
• Cost Accounting
• USA Federal Taxation
• Income Taxation in Canada
• Government and Non for Profit Accounting
Exceptional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Business Objects, knowledge of accounting principal, audit procedures and multiple accounting software : SAP, Sage 50 Accounting (Quick BooksSimply Accounting), Accpac, Microsoft Business Great Plains, Peach Tree), Win Sample, Win FMT, and FERAS
Fluent in English and Vietnamese (spoken and written)
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.