Director of Operations Resume
|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Austin, Texas
||Date Posted: 6/22/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 7/15/2013
|Desired Wage: 130,000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
ALLIANCE SEATING AND MOBILITY (DIVISION OF THE SCOOTER STORE) – Austin, TX 2009 to 2012
Leading provider of rehabilitation equipment, including service and support for clients/patients.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR/REGIONAL MANAGER – ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Led operations for sales and distribution of customized rehabilitation equipment, including rehab chairs, power chairs, stair lifts and Hoyer Lifts for bedridden patients, in 13-state territory from Texas to the west. Supervised team of 20+ Assistive Technology Professionals, Field Managers and Trainers. Identified long-term strategic growth opportunities, designed action plans to secure new business and expand business with existing clients. Managed P&L for regional operations, including revenue generation, expenses, financial reporting and budgeting. Designed and conducted sales training and employee development programs. Monitored customer service initiatives to ensure best-in-class performance. Maintained relationships with 40+ equipment manufacturers; negotiated pricing and terms.
• Drove regional operations to No. 1 ranking nationally within company’s 7 regions for profitability each year, generating average of $6.5M to $7M in monthly revenue; chosen Rehab Power Team of the Year in 2012.
• Generated 40 percent growth in regional business by cultivating relationships with physicians to perform evaluations of patients and generate referrals through company’s 10 retail locations in 13-state territory, resulting in 100 percent growth in walk-in traffic at retail locations. Conducted training on new approach for distribution center and call center managers, and facilitated adoption nationwide at 35+ retail locations, enabling company to significantly reduce marketing expenses from previous $1M+ weekly.
• Introduced re-designed marketing plan that increased referrals through medical insurance contracts by utilizing group of therapists to evaluate patients and identify gaps in patient care that could be addressed with company’s equipment and/or services.
• Boosted regional revenue 50 percent in 2011, best overall improvement within 1-year period in company’s history.
• Negotiated savings of 15 percent to 20 percent with key equipment manufacturers through volume discounts and quarterly rebates based on company’s No. 1 ranking in market share, outselling competitors by 3-to-1 margin.
• Achieved consistent top 5 ranking among company’s 30 distribution center teams nationwide, holding No. 1 spot in 2009 and No. 3 in 2010.
• Designed streamlined patient evaluation form used by therapists to determine equipment needs based on patient requirements and assessment of home environment, including guidance on approval process based on cost of equipment. Form was adopted company-wide.
firstname.lastname@example.org (512) 771-0364
THE SCOOTER STORE – Austin, TX 2001 to 2009
Leading provider of mobility devices and products.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR – DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Led 2 centralized sales center operations in Texas and Oklahoma and partnered with management of 3 distribution centers (2 in Texas, 1 in Oklahoma) to generate sales of durable medical equipment by evaluating patients’ requirements and fulfilling orders. Supervised 5 sales center managers, with overall responsibility for 130 associates. Collaborated with cross-functional work groups and departments to promote superior customer service and satisfaction standards and efficiency of operations. Analyzed sales trends to determine optimal sales center staffing levels and workflow distribution. Utilized statistical analysis to evaluate operations and identify deficiencies, implemented corrective action as appropriate. Coordinated ongoing training for sales center staff, conducted team meetings and weekly manager check-in meetings to discuss sales centers’ performance and make necessary adjustments to achieve business objectives.
• Earned Team of the Year recognition in 2006 and 2007 by ranking No. 1 in ROI among 40 sales center teams nationally.
• Chosen as Elite Performer in 2003 for generating $1.3M in Medicare beneficiary deliveries in 2003 and $1M in 2002.
• Introduced guidelines to increase sales center efficiency, resulting in associates achieving 20 percent to 30 percent increase in number of calls handled daily and leading to 30 percent revenue growth in 2004.
• Selected as member of team, including executive leadership, to design and implement reorganization plan and introduce performance management processes following 2006 changes in Medicare reimbursement rates. Collaborated on evaluation of staff and development of metrics-based process to rank employees for staff-reduction initiative.
• Originated concept of consolidating duties for mobility sales consultants by expanding scope of role to include interaction with physicians and patients and handling delivery and equipment setup in patients’ homes; changes enabled company to streamline manpower needs by eliminating separate roles for dealing with physicians and patients and performing delivery and setup functions.
• Improved morale among sales center employees by introducing procedures to align job duties with employees’ strengths, developing employee recognition programs and implementing best practices guidelines, leading to increased productivity and upgraded customer service standards.
B.A. Social Science, Minor Psychology
TDLR, USA Boxing
Microsoft Office Suite
Proprietary Software Programs
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.