|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
||Date Posted: 3/2/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: ASAP
|Desired Wage: 75,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Detail-oriented finance/operations manager with 20 plus years of extensive finance, administration and leadership experience in assorted industries including banking, property management, hospitality, non-profit, broadcast media and music recording industry. Proven track record in improving operations and administrative productivity through achievements in finance, operations & human resource management, internal controls and policy implementation. Qualifications in administrative management, organization restructuring, strategic planning and staff development.
TM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC., Canton, Georgia
Business/Finance Manager: April 2000 – Present
(Part-time) Provide business/finance management services in the area of entertainment (Film/TV/Music) not limited to accounting, payroll, tax planning & prep; Corporate and personal bill pay; Budgeting & financial planning; Investment planning; Business entity formation; Corporate administration/filings; Provide script analysis and critique; Secures talent payments; Artist development; Marketing strategies; Administers SAG, AFTRA, ASCAP, BMI memberships.
PEOPLE TV, INC., Atlanta, Georgia
Director of Finance & Operations: November 2000 – March 2012
• Served as Deputy General Manager; Hired as 2nd in command for 501(c)3 non-profit public access cable channel and directed all office administration, including but not limited to HR, Finance and Operations; Served as liaison to Board of Directors; Received Certificate of Appreciation award from Board of Directors in 2004.
• Served as Chief Financial Officer; Responsible for financial management and accounting; Control $700K annual budget; Maintain general ledger; Oversee A/P, A/R, payroll ($400K) & asset management; Arranged & facilitated annual audit; Prepared monthly P&L & financial reports in accordance to GAAP; Controlled all station purchasing & invoicing; Oversaw grant / fundraising administration.
• Responsible for HR administration; Coordinated employee benefits, compensation, performance reviews & staff recruiting; Supervised & provided leadership/training for department managers, directors & admin staff.
• Managed all operation needs; Directed all web site updates & managed information system needs; Administered broadcast equipment maintenance & acquisitions; Negotiated vendor services.
WHTA -FM / WAMJ-FM /RADIO ONE, INC., Atlanta, Georgia
Business Manager: February 1999 – November 2000
Managed daily office activity of 75-person office; Served as HR Generalist & staff liaison; Coordinated payroll & HR; Coordinated recruiting & hiring by working with department heads; Administered health benefit program & enrollment; Responsible for A/P - Averaging $75K / month; Collected and posted cash receipts - Averaging $400K / month; Prepared monthly AJEs & daily sales projections report; Researched/Processed credit applications for new advertisers; Provided voice-overs for commercial spots.
WZGC-FM Z93/CBS-INFINITY RADIO, Atlanta, Georgia
Accounting Manager: August 1996 – February 1999
Monitored daily office activity of 55-person office; Served as HR Generalist & staff liaison; Coordinated payroll & HR; Coordinated recruiting & hiring by working with department heads; Responsible for A/R & A/P; Maintained in excess of 500 vendor accounts; Prepared monthly journal entries & daily sales projections report; Reconciled bank statements; Made bank deposits; Researched credit references for new advertisers; Supervised & trained administrative staff.
SAVVY/A&M RECORDS, Atlanta, Georgia
Office Administrator: May 1994 - August 1996
Monitored daily office activity; Served as HR Generalist & staff liaison; Served as Assistant to the Vice President/General Manager; Responsible for coordinating all A/P & A/R & payroll; Made bank deposits; Prepared recording budgets and production invoices; Coordinated artist development; Completed union contracts; Promoted singles at radio stations for recording artists Pebbles and 4.0; Wrote bio and press releases for label artist 4.0; Analyzed Broadcast Data Systems (BDS) Song Activity Reports and Sound Scan National Sales Reports; Supervised & trained admin staff; Coordinated office maintenance; Ordered office Supplies.
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK, Nashville, Tennessee/Atlanta, Georgia
Check Preparer: July 1992 - May 1995
Responsible for collating and processing checks for high speed sorting; Trained and evaluated new employees.
• Recipient of Performance Award & Selected Pride Performer for March 1995.
• Designated leader of 13-person unit based on motivational abilities, assertiveness and efficiency.
Masters of Business Administration
University of Phoenix, Atlanta, Georgia, June 2012
Associate of Arts in Management
Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, December 1994
University Of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
Completed 1 year
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication
Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee, May 1988
Community Advisory Board WRFG Radio Free Georgia; American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers;
Tennessee State University National Alumni Chapter; Finance Director for Young Women in Search of Excellence, Inc. (2000 – 2004)
Proficient in Facil, Microsoft Office Suite, Mac Operating System, Peachtree Accounting, QuickBooks, ABC/MAPS, Jefferson Data Accounting Systems, Workamajig, Advantage/Paychex Payroll Systems, Dreamweaver/Contribute
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.