Maintenance Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Peterstown, West Virginia
||Date Posted: 2/11/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2/11/2012
|Desired Wage: 50,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Mechanical Engineer with 14 years of experience in manufacturing, maintenance planning and supervision, procurement, and project management for capital expenditure projects and general plant maintenance. Adept at troubleshooting and installation of plant equipment while supervising employees. Expert in management and process control developing processes, ensuring quality standards, and providing production planning based on sales forecast. Proven leadership skills, able to motivate others to achieve goals. Strong lean manufacturing background with an emphasis on quality, safety, and efficient plant operations.
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS, Union, WV 2004 - 2012
FACILITIES TEAM LEADER I / MAINTENANCE PLANNER
Provided technical support on machinery and equipment related issues to the maintenance and production workforce. Purchased capital expenditure equipment for the plant and provided troubleshooting and installation of equipment. Provided purchasing for hard to find items for the entire facility and standard maintenance items. Managed outside contractors for projects and led safety training meetings. Supervised up to 14 employees in a union environment.
- Identified and purchased critical spare parts for equipment and machinery, ensuring parts were available and no extended downtime would occur. Reduced cost of spare parts by 20% by working with sub-tier suppliers.
- Purchased and provided technical assistance concerning production tooling, machinery, hand tools, furniture, and power tools, decreasing delivery time up to 3 weeks and cutting costs by 20% on parts by getting approval on maximum expenditure limits to purchase items immediately.
- Created 30% more space in stockroom identifying obsolete parts, organizing more effectively to identify and located items easily. Maintained budgets at or below cost for 8 consecutive years.
- Specified quantity and type needed for maintenance repairs to ensure correct parts were ordered the first time and limited the amount of time to procure the parts.
- Developed cost estimates for capital expenditure projects and general maintenance to stay within budget, determine approval level required to proceed and to conclude investment would be worth the return.
- Managed natural gas contract, saving 10% annually by switching to a different supplier.
- Developed preventive maintenance program for equipment by identifying critical machines that affected the OTF and developed weekly check off sheets, which reduced machine caused scrap to less than 2%.
- Acquired Lean Practitioner certification and led many lean manufacturing events, including a Kaikaku event at an offsite facility, contributing to greater efficiency, lower cost, and increased on time deliveries.
- Developed an internal auditing program to ensure machine checks were being completed which contributed to a target of 99% machine uptime.
- Led safety talks to staff, resulting in no lost time accidents in department.
NYLSTAR INC., Martinsville, VA 2000 - 2004
TECHNICAL PROGRESS MANAGER
Developed processes to manufacture nylon 6.6 yarn to the desired customer specifications and maintained quality throughout production process. Provided scheduling and planning to meet customer demands and ensured plant was running at a 100% at all times. Managed 2 salary employees and 14 wage employees.
- Developed standard operational parameters (SOPís) to ensure product would meet customer specifications.
- Worked closely with Quality Manager and customers in analyzing claims to implement corrective actions, reducing customer claims by more than 30%.
- Reduced non-conformity by 60% with the use of training, better equipment, and manufacturer involvement.
- Managed 6 technological operators and 8 production service operators to ensure parameters were maintained throughout production process, providing additional training when necessary.
- Developed maintenance schedules for equipment to perform preventive maintenance, ensuring machines were well maintained and providing quality and safety to employees.
- Established re-order points for consumables allow all required items to be readily available and ensure there was no downtime.
- Developed production planning schedules to meet customer demands and ensure complete saturation of the plant.
- Followed construction of new $50M facility and was involved in procurement of equipment, working closely with team of engineers from Europe, travelling internationally to visit, train and evaluate the progress of equipment, ensuring project remained on schedule.
- Contributed to proposals and implementation of technological solutions for new lines, working closely with R&D providing feedback on experimental trials, ensuring optimization of quality levels.
VFP INC., Roanoke, VA 1999 - 2000
JR. DESIGN / CAD ENGINEER
Assisted project engineers in the design and construction of fiberglass and concrete signal buildings for the cellular phone industry. Created / modified drawings of signal buildings. Extensive use of AutoCAD 14 and 2000.
- Designed assigned projects to meet required building codes and followed through the production process under the supervision of project engineers.
BS, Mechanical Engineering Technology, (1999) Fairmont State College, Fairmont, WV
Purchasing and Procurement
Facility and Plant Modifications
Lean Practitioner Certification, (2007) Goodrich Corporation
Certificate of Supervision, (2005) Kent State University
Use of power tools, control equipment and general industrial equipment, including compressors, boilers, pumps, and automated equipment
Programming of controllers and chart recorders
Read and create P&ID drawings, Technical Manuals, and Electrical Schematics
Use of ERP systems for material purchasing
Fairmont State College, 4 year letterman, Football (1994-1998)
Youth sports coach (2007-present)
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.