|Desired Industry: Healthcare
|Desired Job Location: Palm Beach, Florida
||Date Posted: 1/24/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 01/28/13
|Desired Wage: 35,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Care Coordinator/ Activities Director
Jewish Residential Family Services - West Palm Beach, FL
April 2009 to May 2011
Coordinated and planned social activities for the residents as well as play a dual role as a case manager
• Assisted the residents of the program with maintain a monthly budget
• Facilitated exercise, nutrition and health management classes
• Facilitated supportive living courses
• Assist residents with their Individual Program Care Plans
• Participate in weekly staff and treatment team meetings
• Monitor resident's ongoing needs through face to face interaction and home visits as indicated by their needs.
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• DOT trained to operate vehicles
• Agency for persons with disability medication trained
• Worked closely with the psychiatrist, pharmacy and health care providers to provide the residents with the best care possible
• Maintained a monthly Budget for activities program
Public Health Intern
Health Service Administration
June 2010 to April 2011
Palm Health Care Foundation/Pavilion, West Palm Beach FL
• Help created possible new interventions in regards to developing new programs within the Palm Beach County hospital systems in regards to expanding Congestive Heart Failure units.
• Spear headed a library caregiver awareness campaign, where a proclamation was declared and signed by Governor Charlie Christ declaring November as National Caregivers Month
• Once a month attended Community Investment Committee meetings, where the foundation discussed where they can allocate funds to different organizations that are requesting funds.
• Learned about how to become an expert caregiver by attending a 4 hour workshop
• Educated people on the variety of services the Palm Healthcare Foundation offer by participating in health fairs throughout the county.
• Co-Facilitated a series of living healthy chronic disease management courses at the Palm Beach YMCA
• Enhanced my knowledge through several teleconferences and webinars in regards to Health care, Health Care Reform and Health Care IT.
• Developed a survey on competence and confidence to evaluate the classes that are given at the Palm Healthcare Pavilion apartment program
• Researched various health disparities and contributed evidence base material to support the results for various public health projects.
Drug abuse foundation - Delray Beach, FL
June 2008 to August 2008
Provided Case management, linked, network and broker services through the department of children and families while contracting with TANF.
• Maintained a case load of 30-40 people
• Act as liaison for the Drug Abuse Foundation at the Department of Children and Families
Courts - Tallahassee, FL
August 2005 to May 2008
Enhanced my computer skills while working in several confidential data base programs to be available
Internship Social Work
Practicum - Tallahassee, FL
January 2008 to April 2008
• Completed MDS assessment on every admission with minimal assistance
• Completed treatment plans on every admission
• Worked with community resources for all discharges
• Facilitated and participated in family sessions
• Assess for and implemented mental health services while at facility and post discharge
• Participated in quarterly in services on community resources and topics
• Participated in weekly team meetings regarding patient status twice a week
• Filed for Medicaid ICP for patients
• Assisted patient's with finding available resources for their given disability, problem or relationships concern
• Spend two weeks working in Adult Day Program and developing personal
• Worked closely with the discharge planner to assist patients with services after being discharged
Social Work Intern
Tallahassee Boys Choir - Tallahassee, FL
January 2006 to January 2007
Provided Counseling, mentoring and tutoring
Patient Account Specialist
December 2005 to February 2006
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
• Served as clerical support to the OB/GYN unit
• Entered patient information into an electronic health record data base system
• Establish charts and assist patients with official documents needed for chart
• Provided a billable account by gathering complete, timely and accurate information from patients in a customer friendly atmosphere.
• Assist with registration of new OB/GYN patients
Masters of Public Health and Masters of Health Service Administration
Barry University - Miami, FL January 2009 to May 2011
Florida Temporary Teaching certificate health K-12 10/12-10/15
Bachelors of Social Work in Aging studies
Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL January 2006 to April 2008
• Masters level knowledge and experience in Health Service administration, public health and Bachelors level social work knowledge with 3 years experience
• Self-motivated, efficient, resourceful and reliable under pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels.
• Detail oriented and resourceful in the completion of tasks with ability to multi-task effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team player as well as working independently to achieveObjectives.
• Possess strong problem resolution skills.
• Dedicated individual achieving a reputation for consistently going beyond what is required.
• Medical terminology oriented
• Ability to operate computers, facsimile. Copy machine, printers and scanner
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft office Software
• National Institute of Health web base training course certification "Protecting Human Research
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.