|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 1/23/2013
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: now
|Desired Wage: 110000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Extensive experience in the computer industry with demonstrated expertise in the full software lifecycle including: system design, development, programming, testing, debugging, documentation and customer support using PCs and various Windows and Unix/Linux based applications. Looking for a position in a company with its own software product(s) that needs someone to maintain, fix, upgrade, enhance and/or customize them.
PROFESSIONAL / NON-PROFIT ACCOMPLISHMENT OF NOTE
Technical Consultant to Medical Mission Sisters (Ongoing upon request)
- Built a library card catalog system using relational database development, SQL programming, Java and MS Access -- all customized to accommodate the special needs of an aging population.
- Taught client's staff in the effective use of PCs and software to ensure full functionality of the technology for the group’s needs.
- Built a specialized property inventory program to run under Windows using Object Vision, Paradox and Crystal Reports.
Lockheed Martin: Senior Member Engineering Staff (1998 – 2012)
- Produced 24 presentations, in collaboration with colleagues, evaluating performance of the AEGIS Weapon System against potential foreign threats, which led to improved robustness of the system.
- Supervised 4 member team that designed, coded and debugged sections of a large DoD program.
- Produced design, code and test documents for 6 deliveries to DoD customer.
- Twice, simplified how Unit Test Plans were generated saving countless hours across the DoD program.
- Fixed over 50 problems while integrating third party software into the DoD program.
- Designed a template that enabled the team to develop 6000 SLOCs in 4 months.
- Captured 6000 lines of code from one baseline into another.
- Developed a system that hyperlinked training and reference materials for shipboard use that included animation and audio.
- Developed a function that scanned logs, generating an error summary that reduced QA time spent by a ratio of 8:1.
EARLY CAREER EXPERIENCE
Computer Sciences Corporation: Senior Computer Scientist
Diagnostic System and Utility Task Leader
- Led the Tactical Utility Functions team, consisting of 22 utilities and four direct reports.
- Scheduled workload, prepared detailed designs, reported status, recommended solutions, found causes of and fixed problems.
- Designed, wrote and maintained a VAX and SUN resident Patch File Processor Utility that saved the user valuable tactical test time.
- As primary customer facing contact, resolved a wide range of technical interface issues between software and the underlying system to ensure seamless functionality.
Real Time Executive System Programmer/ Developer
- Developed and programmed various system functions 'including the initial program loader, the background loader and online debug capability in support of system functionality.
- As subject matter expert, taught classes on using the computer and the executive system.
- Enhanced and maintained the launcher and illuminator functions of the AEGIS Weapons system.
- Task leader for the first delivery of the Weapons Control System portion of AEGIS.
- Coordinated testing and fixing of problems, reported status. Supported testing of the program on the US S Ticonderoga thru the ship's commissioning.
- Received AEGIS Excellence Award from the Navy.
Princeton Gamma Tech
- Primary programmer for the x ray fluorescence and scanning electron microscope data analysis programs, used to analyze the content and quality of materials.
- Turned a failing product line into one of the company's strongest selling applications.
Graduate Certificate, Object Oriented Software Development, NJIT, NJ
M.Sc. Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, RI
B.A. Chemistry, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
HARDWARE: Sun Workstations, Linux Workstations, Windows PCs, SUN Microsystems, AN/UYK 7 and AN/UYK 43 computers.
SOFTWARE: Java, C/C++, Fortran, Assembly language, CMS 2Y, Windows XP and 7, Unix, Linux, Matlab, Perl.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.