|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 9/25/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Accomplished marketing professional with proven performance in product management, product marketing, campaign development and communications. Expertise in software, hardware, mobile, patient monitoring, health care and IT solutions and services. Strong record of incubating and developing the brand, value propositions, messaging and positioning of complex high-tech products and services for consumers, small and medium businesses (SMB’s), large enterprise, and channel partner segments. Areas of expertise include:
Nokia, Inc., Bellevue, WA 2011 – Present
Director, Microsoft Alliance Group, Corporate Development
Develop and manage the global relationship between Microsoft and Nokia for a ground-breaking partnership between the companies to win in the smart device and mobile marketplace.
• Drive engagement with senior management for strategic initiatives and projects to ensure traction and progress on defined objectives and goals of the partnership.
• Create new business opportunities that will drive revenue and market share for both organizations and the alliance.
• Manage key initiatives and projects for India, China and other developing markets and geographies.
Copernici Consulting Group, Kirkland, WA 2011
Member, Board of Advisors (current)
Copernici Consulting Group is a technology based management and strategy consultancy. I currently serve on the Board of Advisors in the areas of brand and reputation management, communications, messaging, positioning, and strategy.
• Prepared cloud services technology roadmap for Microsoft’s Global Foundation Services Group.
• Built an Environmental Sustainability Marketing plan for Microsoft’s NA Subsidiary for FY12.
• Created value propositions and messaging for Microsoft Windows Server in advance of new product launch.
Parallels, Inc., Seattle, WA 2009 - 2010
Vice President, Corporate Marketing
Oversaw corporate marketing strategy, plans and execution for Cloud Services and Desktop Virtualization products and solutions. Marketing team of 5 and global PR agency team of 30.
• Owned corporate and divisional branding for Consumer, Small Business, and Service Provider segments.
• Developed and published value propositions, messaging frameworks, taxonomy, and content.
• Designed and executed public and analyst relations program.
• Built a global public relations organization and managed the agency relationship.
• Supported product and segment marketing campaigns for Cloud Services and Desktop Virtualization to maximize demand generation efforts, SEO, and SEM.
• Developed and executed event strategy for all corporate events. 4 global summits and 7 industry conferences.
ServiceSource International, San Francisco, CA 2008 - 2009
Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Communications
Managed all corporate marketing and communications efforts for the organization.
• Delivered new branding and messaging that resulted in significant first time placements of company language in business and trade publications and analyst briefings.
• Designed and deployed new websites and technology solutions.
• Created and managed executive and employee communications strategy and programs.
• Developed and executed the company’s public and analyst relations strategy and programs.
• Created new industry benchmark – the Service Share Index – published quarterly.
• Supported all go-to-market campaigns with creative services and design, messaging, and strategy.
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA 1995 – 2007
Director, Executive Communications, Platform Services Division 2006 - 2007
Owned and managed top level communications strategy for a $3B+ division focused on online services, software + services (Software-as-a-Service) advertising, and publishing.
• Drove the development of core value propositions and messages for inclusion in all top-level corporate presentations and executive engagements to business and IT leaders.
• Managed team that developed all content, customer evidence, demos and videos.
• Speechwriting and presentation support for Sr. Vice President’s office.
• Contributor to Division President, CEO, and CSA communication efforts for conferences, press, analysts, and company meetings.
Director, Platform Strategy and Product Marketing, Developer and Platform Evangelism 2002 - 2006
Managed product marketing, content development and customer evidence teams. Team of 8.
• Led the company effort to define and position Web services that established the credibility and dominance of the .NET brand and company’s position as a market leader.
• Co-authored company’s Web Services manifesto.
• Developed umbrella product marketing content for a $250M corporate marketing campaign.
• Frequent public speaker at corporate and partner events. .
Group Product Manager, .NET Marketing and Enterprise Solutions 2000 - 2002
Managed all U.S. product and solutions marketing, go-to-market plans and activities for enterprise servers and all audience and market segments – SMB, Enterprise, Partners, and Developers.
• Hired, managed, and mentored a large group of product managers (28) for enterprise server groups.
o Launched 7 major new products and product version releases.
o Revenue responsibility: $1.06B, Marketing Budget: $23M.
o Exceeded plan both years, posting 35%+ growth rates.
Lead Product Marketing Manager, Developer Tools 1998 - 2000
• Managed channel and academic marketing efforts for Microsoft Developer Tools division.
Product Manager, Hardware 1995 – 1998
• Managed Microsoft Mouse product line. P&L responsibility for a $300M business in OEM and retail.
• Launched Microsoft IntelliMouse in OEM and Retail channels.
• Developed a new merchandising system adopted by entire retail channel and competitors.
Master of Business Administration
University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), Las Vegas, NV
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
• Brand & Reputation Management • Product Management • Executive Communications
• Strategic Planning • Product Marketing • Employee Communications
• Analyst & Public Relations • Go-To-Market Campaigns • Positioning and Messaging
• Thought Leadership • Online Marketing and Social Media • B2B & B2C Marketing
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.