Senior Accountant or Analyst Resume
|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 9/24/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 9/24/2012
|Desired Wage: 61,700
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Senior Level Accountant with extensive experience in diverse industries including financial services, manufacturing, and retail. Background includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, state and local income tax, property tax, sales/use tax, and financial statements. Team oriented professional with a high level of integrity and drive to deliver results. Key strengths are confidentiality, accuracy, problem solving, timely reporting, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
M&I, a part of BMO Financial Group, Milwaukee, WI
A diversified financial services corporation nationally recognized as a leader in the financial services industry.
Corporate Tax Analyst / Officer 2011 to 2012
Prepare multi-state and local income tax work papers and returns for the corporation and 35 subsidiaries.
• Researched and reviewed state tax issues to ensure compliance with various state regulations
• Reconciled assessment notices sent by the taxing jurisdictions to the amount filed on returns and investigated all discrepancies; resolved or referred to senior management
• Assisted in gathering state and local income tax supporting documentation to facilitate and expedite tax audits
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst / Officer 2005 to 2011
Responsible for all payroll tax reporting for large corporate payroll department that processed payroll for up to 35 legal entities and 25,000 employees.
• Prepared year-end reporting. Generated electronic and hard copy W-2’s for all companies and employees
• Developed quarterly and annual reconciliation process for PeopleSoft and ADP wage and tax information dramatically increasing accuracy and efficiency
• Partnered with Information Technology to refine daily reports to immediately capture new hire information, employee transfers, and address changes for state and local withholding tax purposes which minimized amendments and W-2c’s; W-2c’s reduced from 50 to 2
• Reconciled bank statements and payroll related general ledger accounts
• Coordinated unemployment tax audits
• Registered for new account identification numbers for state withholding, unemployment, and local taxes
• System Administrator for ADP website and acted as payroll liaison for general ledger issues/ accounting personnel access to tax system
• Prepared relocation gross-up documentation
• Performed tax conversion work related to merger and acquisitions. Identified mapping and performed verification within the PeopleSoft System
• Assisted tax department in identifying nexus issues related to payroll activity; coached Human Resource Recruiters and Business Managers on tax protocol
TRENT TUBE, East Troy, WI
A $40-$50M multi-state manufacturer of stainless steel tubing and pipe.
Financial Reporting Manager 2000 to 2005
Prepared and coordinated all activities related to year-end and monthly closings. Prepared monthly financial statements, forecasts, and other required corporate reports. Also supervised a staff of 3.
• Coordinated audits both internal and external
• Facilitated the conversion of a legacy general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable system to a standardized integrated package
• Audited and prepared all fixed asset capitalization and depreciation schedules
• Assisted with budget preparation and retained Assistant Accounting Manager responsibilities
Assistant Accounting Manager 1992 to 1999
Supervised payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable employees.
• Completed multi-state sales and use, real estate and personal property tax returns
• Prepared Forms 1099 and 1096
• Prepared detailed account reconciliations
P.A. BERGNER & CO., Milwaukee, WI
A multi-state retail department store chain.
Senior Accountant 1989 to 1992
Prepared monthly rent and common area calculations for sales reporting to landlords. Supervised one administrative employee and retained Staff Accountant responsibilities.
• Prepared tax accruals for real estate and personal property
• Completed Chapter 11 schedules
Staff Accountant 1986 to 1989
Prepared all multi-state sales, real estate and personal property tax returns. Maintained fixed asset records and generated computerized depreciation information.
BS, Accounting, Upper Iowa University, 2001
Graduated Summa Cum Laude (GPA: 4.0)
Microsoft Excel, Word; OneSource, Hyperion Enterprise
PeopleSoft HR & Financials, ADP Tax Service
Pilot, EMS, and MSA Business Systems
Best Fixed Asset Software
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.