Manager or Sr. Mfg. Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Montgomery, Alabama
||Date Posted: 9/11/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Experienced manager with a strong background in engineering and manufacturing. Highly organized, results oriented plant operations professional with 20+ years of experience in improving company performance. Skilled in job costing; processing and design; inventory control; and building cross functional, motivated, and productive work teams. Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
IMPERIAL DIECASTING Liberty, SC 2011 - Present
Imperial Diecasting is a manufacturer of aluminum high speed die cast parts.
Secondary Operations Manager
• Responsible for all machining operations.
• Responsible for all Manufacturing Engineering.
CIRCOR Instrumentation Technologies Spartanburg, SC 2007- 2011
CIRCOR (Hoke) is a manufacturer of stainless steel fittings and valves.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
• Responsible for the manufacturing process of fittings and valves
• Finishing Dept. Supervisor for process review and improvement.
• CNC program optimization for 20% cycle time reduction.
• Increased throughput in the Finishing Department up to 500%
• Design tooling to aide in the removal of burrs on external threads using AutoCAD.
• Eliminated the Finishing Department through process improvements.
F N MANUFACTURING Columbia, SC 2001- 2007
FNMI is a manufacturer of firearms, providing weapons to the military, law enforcement and commercial.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
• Responsible for the manufacturing process of rifle and pistol barrels
• Develop rotary swaging process (rotary hammer forge) for barrels
• Establish production methods for both new and existing products
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to production personnel
• Enhance tooling for both new and existing machining operations
US FILTER / WHEELABRATOR LaGrange, GA 1996-2001
Wheelabrator provides surface preparation equipment, supplies, and services to a wide range of automotive suppliers and customers.
Manufacturing Engineer Manager
• Responsible for all parts processed through the facility along with all capital equipment
• Responsible for up to 40 employees in the machine and fabrication shops
• Responsible for concept and fixture design for castings
• Directed Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Maintenance
• Managed the safety program reducing accidents
• Updated tooling that allowed cycle time reductions up to 80%
• Responsible for implementing thin film coatings for an increased tool life.
• Processed parts to a CNC for an 85% reduction in cycle time
• Established methods and designed gages for machined parts
SOUTHERN DEFENSE SYSTEMS Eastaboga, AL 1995-1996
SDS is a minority subcontractor specializing in government defense accounts.
• Responsible for product flow and the estimation of new product
• Directed all fixture design
• Supervised all welding operations
• Developed testing method for rejected assemblies
• Responsible for document control
ETOWAH MANUFACTURING COMPANY (EMCO) Gadsden, AL 1986-1995
EMCO is a general sub contractor for government and private industries.
• Responsible for project engineering of the M-16 A1 mod kit and Walther Firearms
• Supervised manufacturing process M-16, A1 mod kit, and Walther Firearms products
• Reduced M-16 barrel scrap from 30% to less than 1%
• Supervised operation of CNC machines
• Team member for design of special machinery
• Responsible for failure analysis of the M-16
• Designed gages for the Walther Firearms
• Revised Transfer Line tooling for increased tool life
Southern Plating and Machine Anniston AL 1984-1986
Lee Brass Corporation Anniston, AL 1982-1984
Journeyman Die Maker
Custom Tool and Fabrication Company Oxford, AL 1981-1982
Phelps Dodge Brass Company Anniston, AL 1973-1981
Oxford High School
Ayers State Technical College
Academy of Precision Arts
Gadsden State Community College
OSHA Trainer, Dale Carnegie, ISO 9000 Auditor, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Basic and Advanced Cadkey, Fundamentals of CNC Machining, Machinist 4 year Apprenticeship Program sponsored by the Department of Labor, Solidworks 2007
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.