Electronics Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
||Date Posted: 9/4/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: November 2012
|Desired Wage: 70000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To use my skills and experience in a productive manner.
The AVC Group (Niles Audio, Elan Home Systems, Xantech, Sunfire, Aton), Jan 2011 – Oct 2012
- Provide engineering support for Niles Audio products. Provide solutions for second source parts due to obsolescence, long lead times, price changes, etc. Make product improvements for agency approval, product reliability, additional features, cost reduction, etc. Generate test plans for verification of new products for Niles Audio, Elan Home Systems, Sunfire, and Xantech.
1. Research of wireless audio solution using parts from Texas Instruments.
2. Re-design of SAS-1, Combination Speaker-Level A-B Switching System, due to obsolete parts. Evaluated replacement parts, re-designed circuit, created new PCB layout in Altium, and verified prototype.
3. Re-design of SI-2125, High Current, Bridgeable Power Amplifier, to improve reliability.
4. Re-design of GXR2, Multizone Receiver, to improve reliability.
Niles Audio Corporation, August 1990 – December 2010
- Analog and digital circuit design (1996-2010)
- Design of single and high density multi-layer printed circuit boards (1996-2010)
- Participate in design reviews, creating and reviewing functional specifications (1996-2010)
- Troubleshooting analog and digital circuits to the component level (1990-2010)
- Analyze and prioritize information to make appropriate recommendations (1990-2010)
- Product defect analysis including environmental and destructive testing (1990-2010)
- Evaluate new components for production use and/or cost saving (1990-2010)
- Design and build test fixtures for production and engineering testing (1990-2010)
- Provide technical support for customers, production floor and engineering (1990-2010)
- Assembly language programming for PIC microcontrollers (1990-2010)
- Factory service of all Niles Audio products and train/supervise other technicians to do the same (1990-1995)
- Maintenance of production and test equipment (1990-1995)
1. Re-design of DBI-2, Doorbell Interface due to an obsolete part. Evaluated replacement parts, re-designed circuit, created new PCB layout, and modified firmware to support new circuit.
2. Design of Li-Ion and NiMh Battery Test Fixtures to test battery capacity and function are within desired parameters.
3. Design of MS220, Infrared Sensor (Applied for patent). The objective achieved was to allow reliable operation of remote control equipment using Philips RCMM IR protocol.
4. Design of VS-6, Component Video Switcher, based on Elan V883. The objective achieved was to add buffered cascade outputs, buffered passive balun outputs, and interface for the GXR2.
5. Design of ZR-6, Multi-zone Audio Receiver with iPod Interface
6. Design of ZR-4, Multi-zone audio Receiver
7. Design of TM-HD/R, HD Radio Module. Integrated the LG HD radio module with a source input card for the GXR2.
8. PCB layout of master and slave hub for Digi-5, Digital Audio Over CAT-5 Multi-Room Distribution Technology.
9. Author of Niles PCB Design Standard Operating Procedure.
10. Design of TM-AM/FM, AM/FM Tuner Module
11. Design of TM-XM, XM Satellite Radio Module
12. Design of TM-Sirius, Sirius Satellite Radio Module
13. Design of IM-Audio, Legacy Audio Source Interface
14. PCB layout of iRemote, 2-Way Wireless RF Handheld Remote
15. PCB layout of Display, Keypad with LCD
16. PCB layout of Single, Entry Level Keypad
17. PCB layout of GXR2, Modular Multi-zone Receiver
18. Design of PAR4, IR Passive Auto Router
19. Design of MSU480, IR Repeater System
20. Design of MSU250, IR Repeater System
21. Design of MSU140, IR Repeater System
22. PCB layout of MSU440Z, Multi-zone IR Repeater System
23. Design of IRH610, IR Sensor Expansion Hub
24. Design of various IR Emitters
29. Design of CS12V, Current Switching 12V Trigger
30. Design of MVC-HUB4, Muting Volume Control Distribution Switching Hub
31. Re-design of LVW-1, Line-Level Stereo Volume Control
32. Design of Various Speaker Selectors
33. Design of LS-1, Light Sensor
34. Design of AVDA-3, Audio Video Distribution Amplifier
35. PCB design of A4.6Ci, Multi-zone Preamplifier
36. PCB design of ZR8630AV, Audio Video Multi-zone Receiver
37. PCB design of ZR4630, Multi-Zone Receiver
38. MRZ-6, Multi-room Line Level Volume Control
39. Re-design of RFS-1, RF Switch
40. Design of several test fixtures for use in production
Allegro Orcad PCB Editor Training course, October 2009
Orcad Capture to Layout Technical Training Course, January 2000.
IPC certified interconnect designer, February, 1999.
Graduated with honors from Miami-Dade Community College with an Associate of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology in April of 1990.
Expert level electronic design, schematic capture and manual routing of printed circuit boards.
Testing and troubleshooting digital and analog circuits to the component level.
Construction of prototypes from ideas for proof of concept (hands-on).
Prototype testing and verification, BOM generation, documenting product specifications.
Attention to detail. Continually approach work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
Assembly language programming for PIC microcontrollers.
Evaluation of components for second source, cost reduction and increased performance.
Participate in design reviews, write functional specifications, write test procedures, and design test fixtures.
Intermediate metal, wood and plastic fabrication.
Extensive experience in the use of electronic design automation tools to create schematics and printed circuit board layouts. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment. A conscientious self-starter who strives to bring creative solutions to the problem solving process.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.