|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
||Date Posted: 7/22/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: September 01, 2012
|Desired Wage: 95,000+
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Seeking R&D manager’s position in an organization to utilize my diverse background in disc brakes and brake shoe manufacturing, Composite Materials and Physics to benefit me as well as the company
R & D / TEF Engineer- Product and Process Development
10/2008 – Present
Bosch Brake Components, LLC, Broadview, IL.
• Set up & optimize disc brake manufacturing processes (flash mold & positive mold) for manufacturing operations in Juarez, Mexico & Nanjing, China.
• Support daily production and quality control activities in disc pad & brake shoe lining operations in Juarez, Mexico.
• Develop new ideas for future of brake manufacturing processes.
• Participation in two new potential OE programs.
R & D Manager
10/2000 – 09/2008
Morse Automotive Corporation, Chicago, IL 60609.
Explore, design, validate and implement new process ideas and disc brake and shoe lining formulations.
• Evaluate raw materials to optimize cost and performance of brake formulas.
• Modified disc brake manufacturing process, increased productivity by about 80%.
• Developed seven new brake formulations for various aftermarket programs.
• Technical support to Quality control and Sales and Marketing group.
8/1996 – 10/2000
Center for Advanced Friction Studies, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale (SIU-C), IL.
• Study of Phenolic resin based friction materials.
• Ph. D. (ABT) Engineering Sciences (Brake Composites), SIU-C. 4 years
• M. S. Physics (Composite materials), SIU-C. 08/1996
ACTIVITIES & AFFILIATIONS
• Member of ACS, SAE and ASM
• 2004-2006: Session Chair for Annual Brake Colloquium held by SAE.
• Thirteen research publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals such as MRS, Fuel and ACS.
• Experimental techniques to study engineering and scientific properties of brake composites- Thermal Analysis, Spectroscopy, Microscopy techniques (SEM, TEM, X-ray diffraction) and Dynamometer tests.
• Experience in PPAP, APQP, FMEA, DRBFM, DOE, 5S and 8D.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.