|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 6/15/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 06/18/2012
|Desired Wage: 35,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No Preference
- A positive-thinking, results-oriented, and team-spirited Management/Executive Support/Bookkeeper.
- Recognized with exceeding organizational mandates throughout 20 years of management, clerical, bookkeeping, payroll, and administrative experience.
- Seeking an opportunity to use my skills, education, and experience, as well as, the ability to continue my education.
Tuesday Morning Corporation – Wilson, NC
Store Manager – October 2003 to February 2011
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures of the store.
- In charge for unloading all shipments of current stock, ensuring all merchandise is on the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing controllable expenses of the store.
- Maintain and oversee accuracy of record keeping.
- Worked closely with customers in assisting them with merchandise and current sales events.
- Supervise and maintain store staff up to 10 people including hiring, delegation of workloads, terminations, performance evaluations, and any necessary counseling/corrective actions.
- Processed payroll and personnel paperwork.
Big Lots – Greenville, NC
Associate Store Manager – July 2007 to February 2008
- Assisted in opening and closing procedures of the store.
- Assisted in preparing and setting store for weekly sales events.
- The venders were checked for accuracy of product that was being brought into store, and prepared deposits for pickup.
- Handled all customer requests and completed them satisfactorily, within company policy.
- Kept the customer service station running efficiently.
- Trained new cashiers; oversaw refunds, voids, cash payouts, and transactions done at the register daily.
- Made all managerial decisions when the manager was not available.
- Responsible for pushing freight onto the sales floor, setting, and /or re-setting the merchandise on the shelves.
Harnett County Sheriff’s Office – Lillington, NC
911 Dispatcher/Data Entry – June 1997 to August 2003
- Dispatched calls for County, City, and Fire/Rescue.
- Assisted the public with emergency and non-emergency calls on a daily basis.
- Worked DCI and NCIC, in house records, entered state wanted and federal wanted persons.
- Conducted fingerprints for criminal records check, daycare services, and foster care applications.
- Processed warrants and assigned them to the deputies in their designated area.
- Typed in incident and arrests reports daily.
- Assisted other departments with their filing and research in preparing depositions for court.
- Posted arrestee’s pictures to their arrest sheets with our in-house computer system.
- Worked with other agencies in gathering information for cases.
- Conducted driving histories and criminal records for the officers and deputies.
- Proof-read and corrected reports entered by the deputies.
- Set up filing system for the nurse’s station in the jail.
- Worked switch board when needed.
Fayetteville Police Department – Fayetteville, NC
Records/Data Entry – September 1996 to May 1997
- Responsible for entering, modifying, and retrieving a wide variety of police records, memoranda, letters, complaints, booking information, warrants, and other related material.
- Assisted department personnel and the public, in person or by phone, retrieving information and files, mailing out requested reports to outside agencies in accordance with department regulations.
- Maintained a flawless filing system with extreme confidentiality.
Farm Fresh Bakery – Lawton, OK
Accounts Payable/Order Entry Clerk – August 1990 to July 1996
- Received orders from dealers spanning a five state radius.
- Vouchered invoices received daily, checked edit report for daily orders.
- Maintained averages for sales, orders, cancellations, and “trends” on a weekly basis.
- Processed all accruals, accounts payable and receivable without deficiency over a five year period, allowing the company to complete its job assignments well below the standard rates and times.
- Prepared, proof-read, and consolidated incident reports on a weekly basis and forwarded to supervisors.
- Prepared responses to incidents and company with annual operation budget.
Penn Foster Career School – Scranton, PA – graduation date August 2012 (Bookkeeping)
Certified Accounting Clerk – Draughons’ School of Business – Oklahoma City, OK – 1982
MacArthur High School – Lawton, OK 1981
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Project and assignment management
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sale and marketing support
- Staff training, development, and empowerment
- Time management – deadline – sensitive
- Document control – information processing
- Customer service and client retention
- Dedicated, self-starter, and well organized
- Computer skills: Windows MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Type 50 WPM
- Operate fax machines, copy machines, ten-key, and various phone systems
- Accounting procedures
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.