|Desired Industry: Secretary/Admin. Assistant/Receptionist
|Desired Job Location: North Arlington, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 4/23/2012
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: asap
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: No
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
To obtain a position as an Operation’s/ Customer Manager within a company where I can utilize my experience in the field, excellent customer service background, education and computer skills.
PORT LOGISTICS GROUP Secaucus, New Jersey
OPERATIONS MANAGER February 2006- July 2009
• Supervising and assigning of specific responsibilities to the operations personnel
• Provided orientation to all new hires and weekly payroll using GEN PRO Payroll system
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Developed and implemented standard operating procedures geared to provide excellent customer service, and improve communications within departmental staff
• Succeeded at motivating staff and engaging in excellent customer service relationships with clients/vendors
Within the industry, as well as with departmental staff, and others
• Completed a variety of special projects that included setting –up new online direct billing with Steamship sites such as Maerks, Mol; processed and completed documentation to obtain the company’ s business brokerage license, BM85; trained staff of three, and set-up and open a new office in the Baltimore area. Managed the shipping and receiving deliveries for Ams-Air/ Editrade system online, and insured proper freight clearances.
• Responsible for reviewing audits conducted by account managers and reviewed invoices for accuracy completeness
• Researched invoices, determined errors, and granted approval for customer credits
• Handled Accounts Receivable matters that included collections, credits, cash flow, new accounts, and freight billing and resolved discrepancies.
• Set up and updated new and existing clients accounts, included profile and rates in a transportation management system
• Oversaw customer service/billing department; resolved customer service issues/ complaints, and served as liaison between the Accounts Payables/Receivables and the Operations Department.
PIERRE DEUX FRENCH COUNTRY Secaucus, New Jersey SHIPPING COORDINATOR August 2004-February 2006
• Scheduled, coordinate and monitored activity for 16 stores and catalog orders fulfillment
• Developed and implemented new policies and procedures
• Served as liaison between the stores, production, shipping and buyers
• Multi-task oriented and able to meet deadlines within a fast- paced environment
• Researched, verified and documented inventory reconciliation for month’s end
STAPLES THE OFFICE SUPERSTORE Saddle Brook, New Jersey
OPERATIONS / SALES MANAGER March 2002- August 2004
• Strategically enhanced customer service and store profitability.
Oversaw the training, coaching and supervision of a staff of over 30 employees
• Processed weekly payroll and process bank deposits
LAS COMP INSTITUTE, HACKENSACK, New Jersey
HR Management, Certificate, July 2011
SAINT PETER’S COLLEGE Jersey City, New Jersey
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, August 2001
HUDSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE Jersey City, New Jersey
Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts/ Psychology, May 1999
I am a member of the Jesus is Lord church located in Elizabeth, NJ
I am notary public
Microsoft Office Suite 98/00/07, Microsoft Explorer and Netscape Navigator, AS400 Inventory Management System, Gen Pro Payroll system, Editrade (AMS) Air Manifest clearance
Other Language: Fluent in Spanish
I am currently tutoring at my local library as English Second Language
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.