|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Allendale, Michigan
||Date Posted: 10/24/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Temporary
||Availability Date: immediate
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Paul F. Rastellini
Good Day ,
I am writing in regards to the Superintendent position. I have been in the industry for 40 years. I do not have any restrictions that would prevent me from traveling extensively should it be required. My project list is versatile as I have been involved in numerous hi-end condos, a football stadium, a water/waste water treatment facility, parking garages, airport tarmacs, and a five star mixed use hotel, the Four Seasons in Miami. I have successfully completed projects in Nashville, Boston, Atlanta and Miami.
I have supervised simultaneous pours involving numerous mix designs and specs on a daily basis. This experience has taught me the necessity of personally being involved at all times and the knowledge I acquired aided in advancing my career to its present status. Other skills acquired include when to adjust slumps, within the specs, and to resolve any issues such as equipment failure or the batch plant going down and how to share this knowledge with others to plan, do, check, act and check again, l am a devout disciple of Pre Task planning and started my career as a journeyman cement mason.
My qualifications with concrete go well beyond placing and finishing. Two of my attributes, communication and coordination, have been honed over time. My rapport with threshold inspectors and clients is exemplary. I am an expert in coordinating and scheduling manpower, cranes, equipment and materials, all, as you are well aware, required for a successful project. I have been formerly trained in multi tasking, team brain storming and time management. I have brought projects from piles to roof along with the site logistics.
My capabilities are not limited to just the structural aspects of a project; rebar, P.T. concrete, formwork, dewatering, sheet piling and excavation. I have supervised stucco, paint, waterproofing, roofing, finishes and life safety issues. I have also directed landscaping, A.D.A, F.F.I and I am always willing to accept any new challenges.
My reports are well written, concise and on time and I am well aware of the necessity of constant documentation, both written and photographic. My meetings, scheduled and otherwise, are carefully and expediently relative to the cause. My computer skills are more than adequate. I lead by example. I am capable of inducing performance from co-workers that goes above and beyond when urgency dictates. The experience of coming up through the ranks has given me the gift of mutual respect for all parties involved on the job. My willingness to jump into any situation where help is needed is reflected in my motto: "Help Me Help You".
My emphasis on safety has drawn me to participate in multiple safety courses and certifications. I have never had a serious incident involving manpower or equipment while in direct supervision of a task. My dedication to getting the job completed, safely, on time, and within budget, is demonstrated by my willingness to work all hours and days, 24/7 on call when required, and to solidly earn the progressive increases in responsibility and salary bestowed upon me.
Paul F. Rastellini
PAUL FRANCIS RASTELLINI
VALID PASSPORT--- CONVERSATIONAL FRENCH & SPANISH SPOKEN
Class B Commercial Driver's License with safe driver points
Certified Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer
OSHA Construction Certification (30 hours)
Competent Person Certifications in Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection
Certifications in ASSA, OE Buck hoists and Hilti
Somerville High School, Somerville, MA, 1972
July 31,2010 -
DOT PROJECT -- HIGHWAY US 1 FLORIDA
1. Grade, form, set elevations, install rebar and place and finish concrete on P1 and P2 storm water drains, sidewalk, retaining walls and curb and gutter.
June, 2005 - May, 2008
Quantum on the Bay
TOWER AND STRUCTURAL SUPERINTENDENT
QUANTUM ON THE BAY- DUTIES NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Coordinate all PT, rebar and concrete for two 50 story towers;
2. Coordinate all subcontractors on working decks;
3. Order and verify placement of all concrete which included DCI on balconies;
4. Scheduling for usage of four tower cranes;
5. Scheduling for all crane and placing boom jumps;
6. Completed Phase I to 9.5 level and phase 2 to 7 level; 7. Maintain a safe working environment throughout the duration of the project
500 BRICKELL PROJECT
1. Coordinate all rebar and PT deliveries for two 44 story towers;
2. Supervise East Tower construction from piles to top off at 44a. including excavation, dewatering, form work, M.E.P.,PT, rebar and concrete placement-b. Verify and order yardage and breaks
3. Schedule jumps and all usage of four tower cranes and four buck hoists (two each per tower);
4. Coordinate installation of fire risers, CMU, glass, drywall, etc. in East Tower.
5. Maintain a safe working environment HAND PICKED by management to return to the Quantum project in order to expedite exterior finishes-Coordination of swing stages, remedial work, stucco, paint, inspections and caulk on both towers--28 swing stages worked simultaneously seven days a week for four months
January, 2005 – May, 2005
1180 Peachtree Project
Southeast Construction Award Winner"
TOWER AND STRUCTURAL SUPERINTENDENT
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Completion of a 40 story office tower;
2. Coordinate all steel and concrete deliveries;
3. Schedule cranes and hoists; verification of operators' time;
4. Schedule and oversee 3 am deliveries – MEP (air handlers and duct)
5. Supervise all trades on working deck; and coordinate
the installation of a 60 feet structural steel and glass curtain wall at top of the main tower.
6. Chair weekly sub and scheduling meetings
January, 2004 – December, 2004
Bovis Construction, Inc.
Mary Brickell Village---SUPERINTENDENT
1. Coordination of foundation excavations and dewatering, site logistics, deliveries of rebar, pt, etc., on 5¾ acres.
2. Pre-inspection of formwork and rebar prior to threshold inspections; ordering and placing of 13 different mix designs in 8 different buildings; coordination of pumps, concrete delivery, quality, cranes and all labor pertinent to pours.
3. Follow-up on directives to subs and verification of OSHA compliance;
4. Verification of layout, RFI's; and payout applications.
January, 1999 - December, 2003
Bovis Construction, Inc.
Four Seasons Hotel and Tower,
"Southeast Construction Award Winner"
1. Oversee stair, service and public corridor finishes, including remedial concrete work, drywall, VCT, VWC, carpet and life safety elements- floors 40 >70;
2. Main and mechanical roofs - M E P, dry in and Spider window-washing system;
3. Waterproofing, installation of gauge beds and finishes of balconies;
4. Oversee adherence to OSHA Standards and Company Safety Policy; DERM and WASA
5. Assist in white box finish of condo units floors 40 → 70;
6. Assist with daily dialogue with client;
7. Assist with attainment of TCO.
DECK SUPERINTENDENT, INCLUDED COORDINATION OF ALL TRADES:
1. Verification of blackouts, layout, form work, rebar and PT;
2. Crane, hoist and placing pump jacking;
3. Concrete ordering and placing of approx. 80,000 cy; super elevated, topped out in 14 months;
4. Oversee continued adherence to OSHA Standards and Company Safety Policy;
5. Coordination of job site start-up; assist in caisson layout and elevations; responsible for retention pond and all dewatering operations, including injection wells
6. Coordination of foundation excavations, caissons, form work, steel, sleeves and pours;
7. Verify time sheets and daily reports
July, 1998- October, 1999
Bovis Construction Inc.
Titan’s NFL Stadium Nashville, Tn.
Supervise and perform all remaining pours, concrete punch list, remedial concrete work, manpower assignments and timesheets.
1996-July, 19981 Roxco Inc.
Waste/Water Treatment Facility
1. Supervise and perform all phases of concrete placement and finishing, personally placed and finished every cubic yard.
2. Ensure job Quality
3. Manpower assignments, pay scales and timesheets.
4. Chair toolbox safety talks.
1995-1996 J.J. Morely
Nashville, TN Journeyman Detailer Installation of Firestone’ patented rubber system on several downtown high rises.
1993-1995 LOCAL 1 B.M.P.U.I.
Journeyman Cement Mason RESPONSIBILITIES:
Equipment, manpower coordination and quality of work including laser verification of finish elevation.
1985-1991 93 Realty Trust
Boston, MA Building Superintendent Review bids for contracted repairs to structure.
Coordinate, inspect and sign off on contracts awarded.
1985 Criscon Construction, Inc.
Somerville, MA Laborer Focus on road excavation and construction of wood and concrete retaining walls while constructing custom homes.
1982-1983 Allen Cement Co.
Wilmington, MA Cement Finisher RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customization of pool decks, sidewalks and patios.
Layout, rough grading, form work, finish grading, placing and finishing of concrete and application of various types of concrete finishes.
1975-1978 LOCAL 7 B.M.P.I.U.
Journeyman Cement Mason Acquirement of expertise in concrete placement, finishing and remedial work.
1973-1974 Emerson Construction
Miami, FL Laborer Promoted to Carpenter’s Helper and Ironworker. Company specialized in the construction of 3 and 4 story CMU structures.
1970-1972 Allied Cement
Medford, MA Laborer / Bobcat Operator - (Gunite swimming pools) All phases of pool construction including layout, excavation, rebar, guniting and finishing.
high school--40years in the construction industry
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.