|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
||Date Posted: 2/21/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 03/30/2006
|Desired Wage: 120000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Project Management * Lean Manufacturing
Engineering & Design * Supply Chain Management
Profit-driven and visionary, with recognition for ability to move
complex projects forward and accurately align core competencies to
target new markets. Characterized as a performance-focused, technical
leader skilled in product design and development to cut costs, reduce
production time, and improve quality. Proficient in lean
manufacturing/resource utilization in pharmaceutical, commercial
audio, biomedical, biotechnology, electronics, electrical,
mechanical, instrumentation, and computer industries.
BAXTER MEDICAL, St. Petersburg, FL 2006-Present
SENIOR PROJECT LEADER
Team leadership of 10-12 engineers in an $8M project addressing the
EOL (End of Life) issues for three dialysis machine products and
NETWOLVES TECHNOLOGIES, Tampa, FL 2000-2005
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER / MANUFACTURING MANAGER
Championed highly efficient teams and processes aligning core
competencies to fulfill client and marketing opportunities. Provided
bundled service offering for managed networks, telecommunications
provisioning, and Internet security products. Served as primary point
of contact for customers and sales engineers. Led product design,
value and sales engineering, quality, logistics, training, enterprise
capital equipment, and special projects. Managed facilities,
infrastructure, materials, supply chain, and manufacturing.
Negotiated optimum pricing for on-time, programmed delivery of raw
materials. Created budgets, forecasts, and resources to fit project
and program requirements.
* Negotiated preferred customer 30-day credit provisions and
savings up to 50% on raw materials, introducing and cultivating
vendor relationships to improve credit standing. Secured $100K
opening credit lines instead of COD terms.
* Reduced product costs through Lean Manufacturing by 50% and
improved quality using Six Sigma techniques.
* Developed packaging to reduce transit damage; engineering design
features to facilitate field upgrades and contain costs. Reduced
product footprint by 40% and shipping weight by more than 60%.
* Retained $3M revenue stream plus major client relationship by
stepping up to design and produce workable secure wireless solution
and build successful team in wake of potential customer crisis.
* Secured significant capital equipment and operations cost savings
with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Kai Zen and Poka Yoke incorporation
for enterprise infrastructure and security products.
* Lowered return rate and shipping damage to less than 2% from
previous 40% with use of TQM and root cause analysis methods.
* Attained certifications in UL, CSA, CE, CB, FDA, and FCC concepts.
* Achieved $80K annual cost savings using inventory controls and
auditing for raw materials tracking.
* Saved $170K annually, designing unique hardware features
affording ease of software loads.
* Facilitated corporate headquarters move, managing design,
engineering, contractors, equipment, power, heating/cooling, and
infrastructure integrity for telecommunications and wireless
* Significant sales contributions through innovative engineering
AIRD, INC., Clearwater, FL 1998-2000
Managed engineering, design, business development, and market
analysis at research and development firm. Identified potential
investors, markets, and strategic partners in collaboration with
principal. Administered engineering team and contractor activities in
order to fulfill product development goals.
* Improved and fostered cooperative working environment among
engineers charged with meeting patent claim, moving projects forward
despite philosophical engineering differences.
* Led engineering team tasked with development and patenting for
high-temperature multiplexed plasma energy micro torch and commercial
fertigation dispensing systems.
* Expanded business by orchestrating corporate introduction to
waste removal and landfill companies, as well as nuclear/hazardous
waste and precious metal mining industries.
COMPCOMM INC., Hudson, FL 1992-1998
Took key P&L oversight at leading wholesale and retail computer
manufacturer providing full client services. Supervised 12 direct
reports, as well as all operations, sales, service, and production.
* Generated more than 30% sales growth, creating value-added
marketing scheme to bundle services and demonstrate value. Partnered
with independent contracts to provide timely professional services.
* Created new revenue streams with addition of training program for
subcontractors and clients.
* Initiated build-to-order program allowing delivery of equipment
Built To Order in 48 hours.
Vice President of Manufacturing, Soundview Instruments, Bayshore, NY
Plant Manager, Patient Technology, Inc., Happauge, NY
Biomedical Engineer/Lab Manager, Hoffman LaRoche, Nutley, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
New York Institute Of Technology * Westbury, NY
Pharmaceutical Sciences Program
Columbia University College Of Pharmaceutical Studies
New York City, NY
* Capital Budgeting
* P&L Responsibility
* Business Development
* Product Design & Specifications
* Six Sigma, Kai Zen, & 5S Principles
* Team Building
* Lean Manufacturing
* Pricing & Contract Negotiations
* Continuous Process Improvements
* Workforce Forecasting & Leadership
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.