|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Spokane, Washington
||Date Posted: 6/30/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: immediately
|Desired Wage: 90,000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
> Seasoned Finance Executive, expert in driving business results through cost reduction strategies, internal controls, and process efficiencies. Deliver pragmatic, detailed planning and focused leadership.
> Deep understanding of accounting influences on business processes and talent for stimulating corporate growth and confidence through financial analysis, systems implementation, and deployment of IT solutions.
> Experience leading critical planning, development, and implementation of accounting functions, procedures, and controls for upgrades/consolidations. Involvement in strategic-level business/financial planning/execution.
> Proven success delivering business improvements and controllership optimization through development of key performance metrics, implementation of efficiency tools and internal controls, and staff training.
> Solid cross-functional team interaction; superb team building and leadership abilities. Highly skilled in relationship building and negotiations with key decision makers, vendors, management, and executives.
> Possess business acumen, managing vision, customer focus, and strategic agility. Highly adaptable with keen eye for detail. Thrive in dynamic, fluid environments with resilience. Committed to delivering results.
Comtech, EF Data, Moscow, ID
Challenged to strengthen subsidiary's accounting functions and implement/maintain financial controls. Supervised 2 direct reports with dotted line to Corporate and Tempe Office. Accountable for A/R, A/P, payroll/benefits, month-end/year-end close, financial statement preparation, financial/cost-benefit analysis, and cost accounting. Developed, managed, and tracked budget. Primary contact for annual Research and Development tax credit and other annual government reporting requirements.
* Key contributor in software conversion (from MAS90 to Epicor Manage 2000 ERP) that generated $1.5M annual cost savings. Consolidated accounting processes with another subsidiary, reconciling all functions for smooth transfer. Recommended pricing strategies that saved $3M in inter-company charges.
* Identified and collected on outstanding contracts, increasing revenues $300K annually (3% sales increase).
* Successfully managed project/contract analysis, reporting, and tracking of capital project on a CHIP design as integral team member. Three-year project involved 22+ engineers with $2M spend.
* Implemented and monitored accounting controls to maximize performance and profitability, ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 requirements, FCPA, and import/export controls and procedures
* Managed coordination and activities of auditors, ensuring all audit issues were resolved and compliance issues were met, and annual financial statements preparation was in accordance with U.S. GAAP and other schedules.
* Oversaw management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities, including revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, development and monitoring of organizational contract budgets.
* Assessed and negotiated vendor contracts, reviewed credit applications, handled receipts, approved disbursements, and managed banking and treasury functions.
AIA/CROP USA INSURANCE, LEWISTON, ID - JULY 2004 – MAY 2006
Insurance agent/broker with life and crop insurance/real estate and radio station holdings.
VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Selected to manage all accounting and financial aspects supporting 9 different business entities, managing $10M shared services departmental budget. Oversaw daily accounting and operations, treasury functions, monthly financial statement preparation and presentation, statutory reports, and controls and procedures. Coordinated annual audits. Managed 7 accountants and clerks.
* Secured financing for company expansion to Midwest region, working with several banks to establish a lines of credit totaling nearly $300K.
* Created quarterly budget reporting system for new start-up company. Designed accounting/financial system to capture costs and reporting in accordance with federal guidelines.
* Led successful implementation of new accounting software to replace 25-year-old legacy system.
DYNO NOBEL, INC., SALT LAKE CITY, UT - MARCH 1995 – MAY 2004
Explosives manufacturer and distributor; 300 employees nationally; $900M annual revenue.
CONTROLLER / SAP / REAL WORLD ANALYSIS & IMPLEMENTATION TEAM MEMBER
Managed the financial aspects of the business and selected to develop and test new SAP system. Prepared monthly financial statements, produced budget, and managed accounting and office staff of 4.
* Instrumental in driving successful development, testing, deployment, and training for an $18M SAP software system, serving as key member of SAP Implementation Team throughout the 7-year project.
Performed critical systems analysis, configuration, testing, and documentation and analyzed current business practices to increase efficiency and assure compliance with government regulations and policies.
Generated solutions for problem areas using GAAP, and global financial standards and controls.
Trained end-users on financial and sales modules for the Western hemisphere distribution network and corporate offices in Sweden and Norway.
* Developed software to analyze and improve company profitability by customer-product mix that was later implemented in other areas of the corporation.
* Helped establish national purchasing card system for flexible and controlled spending, resulting in significant cost savings to the company.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, ACCOUNTING, HIGH HONORS
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, ONLINE, 2004
BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE, ACCOUNTING
WESTMINSTER COLLEGE, SALT LAKE CITY, UT, 1991
CPA—Exam passed 1996
* A/R, A/P, P&L, General Ledger, and Payroll
* Financial Systems Management
* Financial Reports, Statements, and Budgets
* Tax Reporting and Preparation
* Internal Controls and Fiscal Procedures
* Audit /Regulatory Requirements / SOX
* Process Improvement / Restructuring
* Budgeting and Forecasting
* Accounting and Administration Operations
* Cost Containment Strategies
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Team Leadership / Staff Management
* New Business Implementation / HR Functions
* Treasury Management
SAP software systems; EPICOR Manage 2000 ERP; Hyperion; MAS 90; RealWorld, Microsoft Office Suite
willing to relocate
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.