|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Auburn, Alabama
||Date Posted: 6/12/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 7-1-2011
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
My career objective is to find and align myself with an organization that is truly committed to taking their company to another level in their quest to improve their company through improved quality and quality systems. I understand that without sound quality leadership, it is difficult to consistently move forward with other company goals and objectives.
5/2010- Current-Corporate Quality Systems Training Development Manager
General Electric Company Energy Division, Atlanta GA
Manufacturer, Service and Maintenance of power generating turbines
1) Manage a corporate quality working group responsible for creating and implementing a QMS system for a division of 80,000 employees. 2) Emphasis on Traditional quality systems like ISO 9000, as well as 6 Sigma, Lean, Auditing, Continuous Improvement. 3) Responsible for the Development of training courses, curriculum design and course delivery processes. 4) Developed job competency models based upon results of needs analysis. Developed and used multiple training deployment platforms including Web based, E-learning, and “Train The Trainer” formats
Achieved objectives included: 1) Created the “Quality University concept “, a company-wide curriculum for QMS Training 2) Created and implemented 40 QMS Core training modules to be used with E-Learn , Web-X, and instructor lead delivery methods. 3) Established working group to develop quality management competency model development.
2009-2010-Plant Quality Assurance Manager
MP-TECH Manufacturing Company, Cusseta, Alabama –Tier 1/2 Supplier, KIA, Hyundai-
Metal stamped metal parts for vehicle body / Assembled/ Injection molded parts for vehicle interior
1) Managed the company Quality Assurance department including inspector, QE, and Lab personnel. 2) Managed quality planning (APQP) activity including ISIR submittals 3) Set-up and managed all Inspection activities including Receiving, In-process and Final Inspection. 4) Supervised he writing of company procedures and work instructions. Directly interface with OEM / customer communications and service.
Achieved objectives included: 1) Created company quality system to successfully launch a new product line in a new start up supplier for a new OEM plant (KIA, LaGrange GA.). 2) Implemented Zero defect quality standard for interior vehicle parts.
2007-2009 Project Manager / Quality Systems Manager / Training –
Mando America 4201 Northpark Pkwy Corp. Opelika, Al 36801-Tier 1 Supplier, GM, Ford, Hyundai, Kia
Manufacturer of Brake systems, Steering systems, Suspension Systems
1) Managed the APQP and quality planning process for GM, Chrysler, Ford, Hyundai and KIA, new product launches. 2) Conducted cross functional team meeting via video and teleconferencing to ensure that product launches were carried out on schedule, with no customer spills, PR&Rs, or other complaints. 3) Managed APQP for supplier base including supplier evaluation, contract review and supplier PPAP process. 4) Planned Launch using a gate review procedure. 5) Conducted company quality training for Quality, Lean manufacturing, Problem solving and other company continuous improvement tools as required 6) Provided leadership in leading the company to both the TS/ISO 16949 Big 3 quality system, Hyundai 5-Star, and the ISO 14000 Environmental management system certifications. 7) Developed and improved documented processes for key plant-wide systems such as Engineering Change systems and Returned Material Authorization process and more. 8) Led the effort to train and implement 5S principles plant wide.
Achieved objective included: 1) Company TS 16949 certification, ISO 14000 Certification, Plant wide 5S / Lean manufacturing implementation, 2) Successful launch of GM Chevrolet Traverse Automobile 9/08.
1997-2007 Consultant / Trainer / Quality Systems Implementation / Auditing /-
Griffin Quality Consulting Services
GAP analysis, Quality Systems Implementation and Training for Manufacturers / Service Companies
3rd Party ISO 900 / QS 9000 quality systems
1) Provided an assessment of company systems, processes and personnel to various industries including Aerospace, Medical device, Automotive, Textile, Food & beverage, Plastics, Chemical, Metal working and others .2) Advised Top Management on implementations strategy for creating and /or improving plant systems to the ISO 9000, 13485, 14000
TS 16949, AS 9100 standards. 3) Created and presented these proposals and assisted in implementing the strategy. 4) Determined training needs; Prepared course materials and conducted the necessary training. 5) Monitored the process until successful certification to the TS 16949/ ISO 9000 standard. 5) Managed implementation and improvement activities at multiple locations.Clients included top fortune 500 multinational American, Korean, Japanese, and German companies.. 7) Have a solid understand an experience using quality assurance tools such as: Lean Manufacturing, Value Stream mapping, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, 5 Why, 8-D problem solving, Kanban, Heijunka, Jikoda, Continuous flow, and TPS (Toyota Production System) to achieve desired results.
Achieved objectives included: 1) Quality systems implementation, 2) ISO 9000; 2000, ISO 14000, TS 16949, QS 9000, ISO13485 certifications, 3) Continuous improvement metrics such as lowering PPM defective, decreasing customer complaints, lowering costs, employee morale, and increased market share. 3) History of success in helping companies achieve 3rd party quality system certification. 4) Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9000 and QS 9000 5) TS 16949 clients include: 1998/2004 Globe Motors-4 wheel drive actuators, 2005 Die tech industries- metal stamped parts, 2006 Jefferson Southern Company stamped metal welded parts, Mando America-assembly automotive parts.
2005-2007 Technical Teacher / Trainer-
Georgia Quickstart Department-Atlanta, GA
State of Georgia Commerce Department Start up Quality systems training for new Manufacturing Plants
1) Conducted On-site and public seminar type training classes for the State of Georgia. Subjects taught were both technical and soft –skill. Technical subjects included: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 5 Why, Kaizen, Problem solving, TPM, ISO 9000, TS 16949 ISO 13485, GMP, SPC, FMEA, APQP, MSA, PPAP and more. Soft skill courses included Teambuilding, One-on-communications, Japanese culture, Working with others and more. 2) Collaborated with management to do training needs-assessments for clients.
Achievements included: 1) Achieved consistently high ratings from customer feedback. 2) Added to course materials to make them more robust and user friendly. 3) Had requests from clients to do additional training.
1995-2005 Technical Trainer / Quality Systems Implementation-
Productivity Improvement Center PIC- Ontario, Canada
Supplier of Quality Training, Containment, and Consulting for US Manufacturers
1) Conducted no-site and public seminar type training classes through out the US as an independent contractor for a top international consulting company. 2) Conducted sales calls with potential customers to provide a needs-assessment of their quality systems and training needs. 3) Course taught included: ISO 9000, ISO 14000, documentation / implementation, Internal Auditor, SPC, Cost of Quality, TS 16949, ISO 13485, APQP, PPAP, MSA, Gage R&R, Certified Lead Auditor Courses, Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques and applications. 4) Created customized training materials for clients and public seminar uses.
Achievements included: 1) Achieved consistently high rating from customer feedback forms 2) Earned return business from previous training performance. 3) Impressive list of success stories from clients in a variety of industries, including medical device, aerospace, textiles, automotive, plastics, metal working and others.
1994-1995 Quality Manager- Bostrom Seating-Tier 1 Supplier, Ford, GM, PACCAR, Volvo
Manufacturer of Customer Truck Seating
1) Managed as Quality Assurance function for the company. 2) Managed the Quality Planning requirements of the company including APQP, PPAP submittals, Gage R&R studies, Design and Process FMEA’s, Capability Studies and more. 3) Managed quality systems for the company such as Ford Q1, GM Targets for excellence and was point person for all customer audits and other customer interaction. 4) Responsible for the Safety and Environmental requirements for the plant
Achievements included; 1) The successful launch of model change including the creation of prototypes for the model year. 2) Reductions in key performance indicators including scrap and cycle time. 3) Began the QS 9000 certification process.
1989-1994 Plant Quality Manager-
Southwire Company Carrollton, GA - #1 supplier of electrical cable in the US
Manufacturer of Low and High voltage Electrical Wire for Building and Service entry applications.
1) Served as the Plant Quality Manager as 2 production facilities for wire & cable and plastics blending manufacturer. 2) Worked with UL and CSA representatives to ensure the quality of wire & cable products for sale in US. 3) Operated a 20 employee department with budgetary responsibility. 4) Was responsible the training and implementation associated the ISO 9000 quality systems at multiple work site on a company-wide scale. 5) Led the effort create materials for and train all company management in ISO Quality systems. 6) Advise corporate management on ISO certification related matters. 7) Worked to achieve quality systems certification at multiple sites within the organization. 8) Used 6 Sigma techniques including design of experiments to reduce environmental lead use and improve extrusion defects. Annual cost savings:$200,000. Reduced lead leaching to safe PPM levels.
Achievements included: 1) reductions in cost and lead content in PVC formulations using lean, six sigma methodologies. 2) Led the effort to become the 1st Wire & cable plant in the US to achieve ISO 9002 Certification. 3) Creation and implementation of supplier evaluation team process. 4) Led improvements in materials usage, cost, and reductions in customer complaints.
1986-1989 Distribution Manager
General Electric Company Norcross, GA-Southeast distribution
Transportation and Distribution of Major Appliances
1) Served as a manager in a 250,000 square foot distribution facility that received stored and loaded and shipped major appliance all over the Southeastern U.S. 2) Provided direction in the loading, unloading and storage product, including the facility layout. 3) Managed 50 non-exempt union personnel.
Achievements included: 1) Successful realignment of employees and shifts during economic downturns. 2) Improved morale of employees. 3) Maintained a high level of output. 4) Reduction in cost of damaged goods.
MBA Degree / Ongoing– University of West Georgia
BBA Degree Economics /Statistics University of West Georgia 1983
Certified Lead Auditor ISO 9000 /QS 9000- IRCA 1996
Certification ASQ CQA-1994
My wide range of previous work responsibilities, experience, versatility, and education make me a sound candidate for your current and future quality leadership needs.
I am a Quality Management Professional with over 20 years of experience both in Plant Management and at the Corporate Support levels of management.
As a Technical Quality Manager, I have worked in numerous manufacturing industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, Wire and Cable, Medical Device, Plastics, and others.
Since finishing my college degree, I have worked my way through the ranks of the quality profession in positions such as Quality Supervision, Six Sigma / Lean Training, Sourcing, Engineering, Auditing, QMS Implementation, Program Management, and Multi-facility Quality Director.
I have been a certified ISO 9000 Lead auditor; have preformed numerous 3rd party audits. I have also done many internal and supplier audits for the purpose of determining quality system gaps and proposing and implementing solutions. I am very versatile and have worked with all areas of manufacturing and service.
I have also worked in many cross-functional groups to implement and manage Company Quality Management Systems such as FDA, ISO 9000, TS 16949, AS 9100, ISO 14000 and others. My leadership has led to several company 3rd party Quality and Environment system certifications.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.