Manufacturing Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Manufacturing
|Desired Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 5/17/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/17/2011
|Desired Wage: 75000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Result driven engineer and manager who combines progressive leadership, dynamic tools and strong mechanical aptitude to motivate others with a self-instilled fire for successful solutions. Undaunted by challenges, and works well up and down in the organizational tree to accomplish goals. Manages projects, leads process control, and initiates process improvement; demonstrating the ability to convert concept into reality. Supports manufacturing and maintenance efforts with proven methods
Self Employed Manufacturing Consultant Cherryville NC 2009-2010
I advised various manufacturing concerns on direct process and Waste Reduction for their manufacturing requirements. I designed efficient, durable, equipment for contract fabricators and their customers in the communication cable manufacturing industry. Mounting operating expenses forced closure of the business in 2010.
SAFT America (contract) High Energy Lithium Batteries Valdese NC 2007-2009
Qualified two new automated assembly lines manufacturing lithium cells Reviewed machine documentation and drawings and balanced workstation flow. Documented functional performance against operational goals and maintained line production with modified equipment while leading production engineering effort to correct deficiencies. Coordinated vendor contribution, and supervised internal maintenance team to accomplish revisions and approved vendor modifications and controlled external resources.
New Business Development –Project/Process Engineer
Specified, procured and commissioned new equipment including mixers, coaters, ovens, calendar rolls Retrofitted existing equipment, including parts machining, revised electrical requirements (motors, drives, thermal systems, and controls), pneumatic and hydraulic, actuators systems and controls
Improved and documented new and adopted processes to ISO9001 standard.
Lead operators to conduct trial formulation runs and analyzed and recorded data for future specifications.
Directed maintenance and production resources to create an improved product that exceeded customer requirements and market standards
Controlled the manufacturing process including materials, equipment, formulations, process parameters, testing, and performance documentation
Self Employed Manufacturing Consultant Cherryville NC 2005-2007
Consulted to various manufacturing concerns
Sole technical advisor for foam products plant start-up with multi- million dollar budget
Supplied services to plastic extrusion companies, non-ferrous metal foundries, non-woven fabricators, rubber processors, and metals manufacturing
Marketed expertise in the following areas:
• Informed and directed production personnel in formulation and processes of foam products.
• Selected, or designed and supervised purchase of equipment including all facility requirements.
• Established process documentation in ISO and Six-Sigma format for applicable client products
• Direct the implementation of quality control, material control, systems.
• Design and supervise manufacture of specialty equipment. Hands on with electrical controls, building simple panels myself and contracting outside vendors for larger projects.
• Specify building requirements, with regard to utilities for start up and future expansion including electrical power(substation, switchgear, buss systems ) compressed air (generation, storage, and distribution headers) air handling (environmental, and process) and flammable material systems (blowing agent, storage , delivery, safety monitoring) to meet manufacturing needs coordinating with professional engineers, where required, coordinating permits and inspections, and Architect.
• Give market information and 2 year, 5year,10year product cost models for short term and long-range business plans.
Timken Company(Contract) Bearing Manufacturing Iron Station NC 2004-2005
Manufacturing Engineer / Mechanical Designer
Primary Goal to reduce line down time, Tier 1 fines and associated costs
Reviewed machine documentation, drawings, maintenance actions, repair part purchases for 5 automated lines
Recommend correct spare parts and quantities
Contact vendors, order parts, expedite critical repairs and assist with the negotiation of contracts.
Specify order and install new specialty equipment.
Eliminated risk of productivity loss on five production lines
• Determined optimal workflow in cells and balanced line equipment.
• Matched equipment to requirements with respect to capability and redundancy.
RBX Industries Rubber/Plastic Foam Mfg Conover NC 2001-2003
Project Team Leader 2002 - 2003
Project manager for capital projects including planning, coordinating schedules, conducting team meetings, and reporting on project progress, budget and benefits
• Coordinated combined facilities and production improvements using tools including:
Design- FMEA DFSS Plant Layout Equipment Ergonomics-Safety Quality Systems Interface= PPAP Process sheets Outside resources= Contractors, Consultants, Vendors
Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, 5-S Data – Minitab DOE predicted performance Facility/Environmental Impact ISO14001 TPM
*Lead Line capital improvement project to enable RBX to manufacture Tier 1 products at optimal profits and capabilities. Generating a quarterly gross profit increase of $670,000.00 Used visual management system and full Six-Sigma development tools to complete the project two weeks ahead of schedule and 40% under budget
Plastics Manager 2001 - 2002
Production and Product Leader
$6 million budget and 125 associates operating three shifts at two locations
Corporate product responsibility
Prepared operations budgets,
Contributed to divisional and corporate strategic planning
Directed quality efforts and corrective actions
Planned and executed department projects
Negotiated material specifications and contracts with vendors
• Successfully generated revenues of $372,000 per quarter process and procedural improvements within the existing structure, correcting $650,000 loss in the previous quarter.
• Reduced material variances to within +2% of STD by replacing materials with less expensive equivalents, reducing process steps and labor costs and reducing waste and scrap.
• Acquired multi-million dollar contracts with the two largest home improvement warehouse chains by improving plastics sales from 3rd or 4th in the market to 2nd in the industry with same-day or next-day service on all standard products.
• Utilized statistical tools, capability studies and DOE to improve system utilization from 50% to 85%, saving $240,000 achieving Greenbelt certification.
• Improved efficiency by 10% by establishing 5-S within the department and creating a cleaner and safer area, which enabled prompt locating of tools and materials.
NOMACO INCORPORATED Youngsville NC 1997-2001 Special Projects Manager 1999 - 2001
Managed multiple key projects simultaneously:
Training, Kaizen, Equipment Design and Product Trials
Developed and initiated an emergency action plan for the facility
Ensured compliance with SARA III and NCDNR guidelines and regulations
Defined and standardized tooling, formulation and process procedures
Established, managed and maintained control in the DMAIC loop.
Authored the SMED tooling program, saving an average of $108,000 per year by implementing the standardized tooling program to eliminate machine downtime caused by unnecessary tooling changes
Chairperson for LEPC, successfully leading a Joint Hazardous Materials and Terrorism exercise
Performed new equipment evaluations and specification tests to recommend equipment resulting in a significant reduction in operational costs by minimizing material substitution costs, increasing efficiency in material usage and reducing equipment replacement time
Production Supervisor 1997 - 1999
Supervised team of 24 associates in a high-speed Poly-Foam manufacturing plant performing in-line processing and off-line assembly
Empowered extrusion team by motivating Operators to improve performance, authorizing Operators to request changes and creating and instituting performance incentives to support efforts and successes resulting in a 10% reduction in variances, a 20% reduction in scrap and a 50% decrease in quality audit defects
STYREX INDUSTRIES High Point NC 1996-1997
Supervised 30 production personnel in a multi-department custom injection molding facility Analyzed previous performance results compared to forecasts and developed, documented and implemented critical procedural changes in production set-up and scrap control in addition to initiating a new approach with respect to personnel performance and process ownership to accomplish a dramatic turnaround in productivity and profits.
• Restored operations to profitability within nine months of initial hiring through implementation of procedural and process changes and cross-training of personnel as well as mold revisions, restoring 2nd shift operations to profitability and saving over $300,000.
• Re-trained Operators and established and instituted performance incentives to achieve a record 20% reduction in Operator errors.
CARLISLE PLASTICS Battleboro NC 1992 - 1996
Section Leader, Interim Shift Manager
Managed activities of 40 production department employees Designed departmental improvement plan and successfully trained personnel to improve productivity through all shifts and in other departments.
• Researched two years of maintenance records, manufacturer’s recommendations and scheduling requirements to create and implement a preventive maintenance program, which decreased downtime by 35%.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS Cherry Point NC 1986-1992 Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor/Avionics Technician
Technician and crew leader in support of the 6th fleet Naval ground force operations in Joint Command Operations worldwide as a member of the 1,500 man 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Air Group 32.
• Earned numerous awards for skill and proficiency as a technician and crew leader.
• Supervise Night Shift Maintenance Team for a squadron of 20 aircraft.
• Achieved a 98% mission capable rating prior to Operation Desert Storm in addition to
deploying the first aircraft in the Gulf Region.
Construction Project Manager Innerspace Interiors General Contractor Marietta OH 1984-1986
Engineering technician Airolite Company Architectural Metals Marietta OH 1978 -1984
Almeda University– Boise, ID 2003 -2007 Manufacturing Technology / Mgt
Clemson University – Clemson, SC 2002 Chemical Engineering Certificate
Washington State Community College – Marietta, OH
Business Management 1984 - 1986
Business Mechanical Engineering Technology 1978 – 1979
Comtrex Corp/Autodesk Charlotte, NC - AutoCAD
WCI- Ashville, NC - Certificate in Job Hazard Analysis
Vision IBS LTD/RBX Conover, NC - Certified Six-Sigma "Greenbelt"
Dunn & Bradstreet, Greensboro NC - The High Power Manager, Continuous Improvement & Quality
Areas of Expertise
Equipment Direct Process Process Flow Quality Systems Maintenance
• Selection • Equipment Efficiencies • Line Balancing • ISO 9001-2
• ISO 14001 • TPM
• Integrated Machine Design • Process instrumentation and control • Work Cell Planning automated and manual • 8D problem solving
• TS16949 Std. • Fishbone Cause & Effect analysis
• Aux delivery systems • Product/Material
handling • Kaizen
• Waste Reduction • PPAP (5 Level) • 5- Why Analysis
• Predictive maintenance
• Rebuilding Refurbishment • Primary process • Lean Systems
• Visual Management • Statistical Process Control (Minitab) • Spare Part Evaluation and Inventory
• Commissioning using 3Q Method • Value added process • Six Sigma
• SMED • Machine Capability and cost modeling
In the interest of investigating career opportunities with your client company, as noted in the advertisement, I am attaching my resume’ for your review.
My professional experience reflects fast-paced, challenging and broad-based, dynamic skills in manufacturing; grounded on strong analysis, process management, and product innovation. I have been instrumental in the development, leadership, continual improvement and cost savings programs of these organizations. My insight and experience should advantage your company.
Skills at the ready to benefit my next employer:
Analysis, Design, Installation, and Implementation
o Integrated Machine Design
o Non-contact Measurement Systems
o Auxiliary delivery systems-
gas, liquids, pelletized, powders
o Rebuilding – Refurbishment
o Commissioning using 3-Q Method(Installation Qualification ,Operational Qualification ,Performance Qualification)
o Equipment efficiencies’
o Process instrumentation and control
o Product/Material handling
o Weighing, Mixing ,Blending, coating, extruding, machining, drying, casting, forming, etc
o Downstream value added processes
o Machine –Product-Tooling matching
o Materials, compounding, formulation
Process Flow and Value-Added Workgroup planning
o Line Balancing, cellular manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S,
o Visual Management Systems
o ISO 9001- 2008 Adept
o 8-D Problem Solving
o TS16949 automotive qualified. (Completed system set-up from non-registered system with no findings)
o Completed PPAPs new and Revision
o SPC (Minitab)
Total Productive Maintenance
o Fishbone Cause-Effect Analysis
o 5 Why Analysis
o P-M Analysis
o Spare Part analysis and inventory recommendation.
o Machine capability analysis and cost modeling
Functionally using these tools to meet the challenges of the position will be a familiar task as can be seen in my resume’.
I am bringing to your attention my skills, achievements, and ability to produce under pressure and multifaceted fronts so that we may discuss the Manufacturing Engineer position. I will work hard to achieve results and look forward to discussing how I can contribute to your clients’ future success. I look forward speaking with the hiring principals in detail on how I could be a good match for their needs.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.