|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Tonawanda, New York
||Date Posted: 4/16/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/15/2011
|Desired Wage: 60000-80000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Highly accomplished professional with diverse experience poised to transition into a position that will effectively maximize my experience as a manager with budget and management responsibility. Strong strategic planner, problem solver and persuasive leader. Committed to managing operations while consistently delivering desired results and contributing to revenue producing activities.
Exceptionally organized and disciplined, possess well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Encourage problem solving and readily develop communications plans to share information, resulting in increased effectiveness and efficiency. Generate records and reports, secure equipment and supplies and comply policies and regulations.
Principal, Charter High School for Applied Technologies, Buffalo, New York 2010-present
• Manage the daily operations of the school with a staff of 45 and students of 425.
• Secured the first BOCES and charter school relationship in Western New York for students to earn credits for vocational training over a two year period.
• Administer the operating budget of the High School and monitor the expenditure of school funds.
• Design the master schedule and collaborate with the department leads to assure the process is followed.
• Prepare reports, records and similar documentation appropriate to the administration of the school.
• Develop and execute strategies that increase test scores by identifying opportunities through data analysis tools, benchmarking and open communication with staff.
• Data analysis used to focus on mastery learning in the classroom of each departmental team.
• Lead a Professional Learning Community through which learning is our focus instead of the teaching.
• Developed an alumni association.
• Created and facilitated a new student open house to increase enrollment opportunities for families.
• Interact with school board, teachers and suppliers to ensure programs follow schedule while meeting standards and cost targets.
• Perform competitive intelligence research on topics of interest for Procurement and Operations to identify cost savings, efficiencies and network improvements.
Robert Parkes page 2
Assistant Principal, Syracuse Academy of Science Jr.-Sr. High School, Syracuse, New York 2007- 2010
• Analyzed data to focus instruction and improve our test results on the New York State assessments.
o Improved New York State Regents Integrated Algebra exam results by 15%.
o Improved New York State Regents Integrated Geometry exam results by 37%.
• Reorganized discipline procedures and personnel to reduce our suspension rate from 40% to 24% to make the school safer, more fiscally responsible and allow for students to focus on student achievement.
• Scheduled and organized bus transportation for grades 7-12.
• Implemented a class arrival policy that decreased our highest monthly total of 426 to 150 per month.
• Arranged N.C.B.I., a diversity communication leadership program for the staff and students.
• Assisted with the daily operations of the school with a staff of 41and students of 350.
• Prepared reports, records and similar documentation appropriate to the administration of the school.
• Coordinated security, state required emergency procedures and designed emergency evacuation maps.
Assistant Principal, Franklin Delano Roosevelt High School, Hyde Park, New York 2004- 2007
• Improved New York State Regents Math A exam results by 5%.
• Improved New York State Regents Math B exam results by 18%.
• Lowered the suspension rate from 26% to 11% by organizing and training the staff and students for N.C.B.I., a diversity communication leadership program, in response to racial troubles.
• Assisted with the daily operations of the school with a staff of 125 and students of 1550.
• Member of the district Facilities Steering Committee that planned for district building expansions.
• Created the master duty schedule for teachers and collaborated in the preparation of the master schedule.
• District Strategic Planning member that included the creation of the district action plan and a mission.
District Math Supervisor, Rancocas Valley Regional High School, Mount Holly, New Jersey 2003-2004
• Raised our New Jersey State Math scores by organizing and administering the Technology for Improving Education (T.I.E.) program. This produced individual and classroom reports which allowed us to design lessons around studentsf weaknesses while using the computer to manage the test data.
• Devised committees to revise math exams and improve curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Managed district math program which included budget development and authorizing purchases.
• Created department/district annual and long-range goals with department members and administration.
• Analyzed testing data to assist teachers in adapting their lessons to help drive improvement.
• Performed observations for math teachers, which included informal, formal, pre and post observations.
Math Teacher, South Park High School, Buffalo, New York 2000-2003
• Created a program where I took my juniors to Niagara Falls Schools to mentor/tutor 5th graders.
• Organized a mentor program, which placed a willing teacher with an gat riskh student.
• Designed a program to track and reduce the number of students not attending a scheduled class.
• Served on the grants committee to attain a Smaller Learning Community grant of $250,000.
• Taught Math A, Algebra and Geometry to ninth through twelfth graders.
Niagara University, Master of Science in Education, Administration and Supervision
State University of New York College at Buffalo, Bachelor of Science in Math
State University of New York College at Buffalo, Bachelor of Science in Health/Wellness
Team Leadership Strategic Planning Vendor Relationships Prepare Presentations for Stakeholders Operations Management Well-Developed Interpersonal Skills Data Analysis Conflict Resolution Technology Skills Policy & Procedure Administration Financial Reporting & Forecasting Negotiating and Managing Staff Motivational Training Project Management Process Improvements
National Incident Management Systems and Incident Command Certification, FEMA 2006
National Coalition of Building Institute, Trainer for Leadership and Diversity Program 2005
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.