Special Education Specialist/Assistant Director/Assistant Professor Of Special E Resume
|Desired Industry: Education/Teaching/Training
|Desired Job Location: Bowie, Maryland
||Date Posted: 3/22/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: No
Astute, tenacious, and accomplished professional honed with unparalleled expertise through comprehensive experience in instructional leadership, supporting educational development and directing daily operations of residential facilities and community services.
Stellar reputation for developing and implementing appropriate projects/programs, setting standards, as well as establishing policies and procedures to promote individuality, growth, and positive reinforcement.
Demonstrate keen abilities in directing and motivating professionals at different levels of responsibilities to facilitate improvement plans.
Accustomed to working with people of diverse cultures and organizational background, establishing long-term quality relationships and fostering mutual respect to all internal and external customers toward attainment of corporate goals and objectives.
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA
WASHINGTON, DC ~ 2001– PRESENT
- Conduct comprehensive graduate level courses for teacher recertification and undergraduate courses, primarily focused on educating adult non-traditional learners.
- Render a wide array of course curriculum instructions, including Introduction to Special Education, Special Education Curriculum and Instructions, Field Placement in Special Education, Human Growth and Development, Characteristics and Needs of Students with Severe Disabilities, Foundations of Education, Educational Psychology of Teaching and Learning, and Positive Classroom and Behavior Management.
TEACHER PREPARATION FIELD SUPERVISOR FOR STUDENT TEACHERS (2006–PRESENT)
- Provide keen oversight and field supervision for teacher education students conducting actual class instructions in early childhood, elementary, as well as secondary education settings.
PROJECT MANAGER (2001-2009)
- Administered and managed a broad scope of federal grants with more than $3M budget using PeopleSoft financial software; focused on evaluation of recruitment, enrollment, and performance data subject for submission / presentation to appropriate agencies.
- Modified and implemented changes in the curriculum based on feedback of consumers and other stakeholders.
ACADEMIC ADVISER / EDUCATION COORDINATOR (2008–2009)
WASHINGTON, DC ~ 2011–PRESENT
- Serve as adjunct faculty tasked to teach graduate level courses in research in education and to provide exceptional lessons for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE CANON TRIEST AND THE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA PROJECT IN BELGIUM
MARIA ALTAAR, GNET | 2009–PRESENT
- Handle full spectrum of conducting classroom instruction toward psychology, special education, field experience, and other courses; act as one of the advisors for curriculum revisions and program evaluations.
ROCKVILLE, MD ~ 2005–2008
- Lectured and taught courses on Becoming a Master Student and Introduction to Psychology.
LT. JOSEPH P. KENNEDY INSTITUTE
WASHINGTON, DC ~ 2000–2001
DIRECTOR OF DC COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Assumed primary leadership and accountability role in all aspects of community services operations comprised of more than 20 residential facilities, ensuring observance of best practices and adherence to state and federal laws and regulations.
- Directed and implemented community-wide personal outcome-based programs that attained optimum results on every served individual.
- Contributed directive leadership in several training programs; piloted administration of finances and contract negotiation; as well as supported policy development and executed program implementation.
- Established and fostered strategic partnerships with families, advocates, professionals, and local service agencies that rendered substantial client satisfaction.
WASHINGTON, DC ~ 1991–2001
- Assumed and performed leadership roles in managing residential facilities, offering intermediate care for people with mental retardation, mental illness, and other disabilities.
- Built and cultivated strong working alliances with stakeholders for the attainment of a common goal.
- Enforced and ensured strict compliance of standard procedures to Federal and State regulations throughout the residential facilities management and company employees.
- Integrated and implemented standard disciplines for services, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, social, and other related services.
- Played a pivotal role in streamlining and leading Individualized Education Plan meetings and Individualized Rehabilitation Plan meetings.
- Regularly evaluated progress reports and authorized departmental budget in conformance with standard policies and procedures.
- Handled the selection and hiring of qualified employees, facilitated orientation and in-service training, and supported staff professional development.
- Served and functioned as an advocate for consumers and consumer’s rights.
HOWARD UNIVERSITY RESEARCH AND TRAINING CENTER FOR ACCESS TO REHABILITATION AND ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES ~ WASHINGTON, DC
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING
RYDER CHESHIRE INTERNATIONAL CENTER ~ INDIA
CHIEF INVESTIGATING OFFICER
SAHAN INSTITUTE FOR CHILDREN WITH MENTAL RETARDATION ~ INDIA
THE FEDERATION FOR THE WELFARE OF MENTALLY RETARDED (FWMR) ~ INDIA
B. M. INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH ~ INDIA
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
MANOVIKAS KENDRA (PROGRAM FOR PERSONS WITH MENTAL RETARDATION) AND RYDER CHESHIRE INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR THE SUFFERING ~ INDIA
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA ~ WASHINGTON, DC ~ 2010
DOCTOR OF EDUCATION, MAJOR IN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
Doctoral Dissertation Topic
A Case Study of a College Program for Urban Paraeducators Based on Adult Learning
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ~ WASHINGTON, DC ~ 1990
SEVERAL COURSEWORK TOWARD DOCTOR OF EDUCATION
HOWARD UNIVERSITY ~ WASHINGTON, DC ~ 1987
CERTIFICATE OF ADVANCED GRADUATE STUDIES IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
GUJARAT UNIVERSITY ~ INDIA
MASTER OF EDUCATION IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ~ INDIA
MASTER OF ARTS IN ENGLISH LITERATURE
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Epilepsy Foundation of Washington, DC
- American Association of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Indian Community Volunteer
Conflict Resolution and Decision Making
Internal and External Customer Relations
Learning Goals and Objective Evaluation Program Implementation and Development
Knowledge of State and Federal Laws and Regulations
Curriculum Planning and Course Design
Student Advocacy and Motivation
Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Program Evaluation, Development, and Total Quality Management for Adults, Adolescents, and Children with Disabilities
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.