Security Sales Management Resume
|Desired Industry: Law Enforcement/Security/Safety
|Desired Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
||Date Posted: 2/11/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
Gregg D. Schackle
14610 Creekview Drive, Orland Park, Illinois 60467
Telephone: (708) 612-6824
Alternate: (708) 403-2468
Regional Sales Management / Key Account Management / Sales & Marketing Leadership
More than 18 years of progressive success in sales, marketing and business development roles within highly competitive markets. Exceptional record of sales planning, sales training and team leadership. Top-flight sales negotiation and account penetration skills. Expertise includes:
> Large & Key Account Management
> Field Sales Management
> Competitive Market Positioning
> High-Impact Presentations
> Business Planning & Forecasting
> Team-Building & Leadership
> Tactical Pricing & Promotions
> Consultative & Solutions Selling
AMERICAN BUILDING SERVICES, Wheeling, Illinois
6/2006 to Present
Security Sales Manager
Recruited to this door hardware distributor to develop and launch a new division for security products and services. Spearheaded all start-up initiatives, including the recruitment, hiring and training of a six-person team to generate additional penetration of existing door hardware accounts.
* Recruit and train a top-producing sales/service team; provide leadership and direction for a team of four technicians, an inside sales specialist and project manager.
* Coordinate all follow-up on leads generated by the hardware sales team, including preparation and presentation of customized sales proposals.
* Schedule and manage security product installations and service calls, as well as customer estimates, system designs, orientations and order processing and fulfillment.
* Maintain divisional profit and loss responsibility while managing credit, accounts receivable and delinquent account collections.
>> Led team to produce $1.5 million in total security sales in 2010, which was 50% higher than 2009 ($1 million), following 43% growth from 2008 ($700,000).
>> Generated $300,000 in value-added service and maintenance contracts in 2010 (20% of total sales for entire year), following $125,000 in 2009 and $50,000 in 2008.
>> Achieved $900,000 in personal sales production in 2010, representing 100% growth over 2009 revenues ($450,000), following 50% growth from 2008 ($300,000).
>> Successfully met all goals and budgets for start-up of this new division from scratch.
HONEYWELL SECURITY MONITORING, Downers Grove, Illinois (Provider of commercial and residential security systems with more than 50 national locations.)
3/2005 to 4/2006
District Sales Manager
Full P&L accountability respective to the district’s sales function: forecast weekly and monthly sales, track team activity and manage a multi-million dollar sales budget. Charged with producing double-digit sales growth through development and implementation of aggressive market penetration programs.
* Recruited, hired and developed a 10-person direct sales force to capitalize on market opportunities during a period of rapid growth.
* Oversaw commercial account sales ranging from $20,000 to $800,000 as well as residential orders; assigned each sales representative to achieve quotas from $300,000 to $1 million.
* Collaborated with a national team of 18 district sales managers to develop programs, identify market trends and share lead development and market penetration strategies.
>> Hired and developed a team member who made HSM’s President’s Club within one year (recognized in top ten of 300 sales representatives in the company).
>> Achieved 109% growth in one year from $2.9 million to $3.2 million.
SECURITY SERVICES & TECHNOLOGIES, Oak Brook, Illinois (Philadelphia-based security product and service distributor which had just entered the Midwest market.)
11/2003 to 10/2004
Senior Account Manager
Recruited after acquisition of Chicago-based “Intercon Security” to launch company’s local sales division. Tasked with hiring and training a new sales force once revenue goals were reached. Developed new business while striving for massive penetration of an 80-account customer base.
>> Achieved 120% of quota in less than one year.
EXELON SERVICES, Homewood, Illinois (Formerly ITG, a small integration company for high-end institutional and industrial security systems.)
5/2003 to 10/2003
Scope of responsibility included all lead development, needs assessment, sales presentations, closing and penetration of vertical markets and new construction projects. Designed and configured systems utilizing Exelon’s proprietary integration technology.
>> Achieved 125% of quota in less than one year.
PINKERTON SYSTEMS, Lombard, Illinois (National provider of security technology solutions for commercial accounts of all sizes.)
5/2000 to 4/2003
Hired as General Sales Manager with responsibility for eight regional offices; assigned additional responsibilities as Branch Manager while still overseeing the sales function throughout Illinois.
* Built a sales team of five while managing all operations: product installation and servicing, profit and loss, supervision of 20-plus staff, budget administration and sales forecasting.
* Charged with coordinating close-out of fire alarm division, including finding buyers for division assets. Coordinated move to a new facility better suited for the division’s new direction.
>> Achieved 280% sales growth in first year from $500,000 to $1.4 million.
CARDKEY SYSTEMS INC., Elk Grove Village, Illinois (Leading national manufacturer of proprietary card access controls providing direct sales to end users. )
4/1998 to 4/2000
General Sales Manager
Managed a four-person direct sales force covering the Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, Indiana and Iowa territory. Made monthly visits to the Cleveland office while managing all other states from the Chicago office. Developed strategies for specific markets, e.g. property management firms, hospitals, convenience stores and multi-client businesses to achieve maximum market and client penetration.
>> Achieved 300% sales growth in first year from $1.5 million to $4.5 million.
TITAN ELECTRONICS, Chicago, Illinois (Service firm specializing in security guard services which expanded into the electronic security market.)
9/1992 to 10/1997
Member of new division start-up team with executive responsibility for all sales, service and administrative operations, including profit and loss, and strategic planning.
>> Built account base from scratch, hired technical and support team, and drove sales to $2.5 million within two years.
>> Successfully negotiated long-term volume agreements with electronics manufacturers.
WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, Macomb, Illinois
Business Communications Studies, Two Years Completed
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.