Administrative Assistant Resume
|Desired Industry: Secretary/Admin. Assistant/Receptionist
|Desired Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia
||Date Posted: 2/3/2011
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 40,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: No
Seeking a position as an administrative assistant.
2010 – 2011: Administrative Assistant II Navy Strategic Systems Programs, Arlington, VA
· Operate within allocated funding.
· Prepared and processed various program management documentation and correspondence accurately and in a timely manner.
· Processed mail in accordance with Strategic Systems Programs policies and procedures.
· Prepared form letters, memoranda and other business related documents.
· Created and maintained office files to meet government and Strategic Systems Programs standards.
· Proficient with the formatting, processing and records maintenance for all Strategic Systems Programs official documents.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook; and scheduled appointments and correspond via email.
· Proficient with generally accepted best practices for records management.
· Scheduled and arranged for conference facilities.
· Processed security information to meet government and Strategic Systems Programs standards.
· Performed other administrative duties as assigned accurately and in a timely manner.
· Very proficient in MS Excel, generating spreadsheets, using formulas, and manipulating pre-existing spreadsheets.
2008-2010: Administrative Assistant U.S. Army Headquarters Battalion, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
· Typed military and nonmilitary correspondence in draft and final copy.
· Employed basic principles of English composition and grammar in preparing correspondence.
· Proofread typed documents against source documents. Assembled final product for review, authentication, or other disposition.
· Open, sort, route, and deliver incoming correspondence and messages.
· Perform typing and clerical duties shown at preceding level of skill and provide technical guidance on administrative matters to typists and clerical personnel.
· Proofread correspondence for format, content, and use of authorized abbreviations.
· Answer inquiries from staff and advises personnel on administrative and clerical matters.
· Compose routine correspondence.
· Trained on the Defense Travel System (DTS)
2007-2008: Electronics Technician U.S. Army CSC Team 3, Yong-in, Republic of Korea
· Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
· Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
· Study schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
· Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
2005-2007: Logistician U.S. Army 96th Aviation Support Battalion, Fort Campbell, KY
· Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
· Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
· Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
· Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
· Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
· Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
· Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
· Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
· Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
· Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
· Served 6 years in the U.S. Military with 2 years of service as an administrative assistant.
· Proficient with MS Office (i.e. MS outlook, excel, word, publisher, powerpoint)
· Great communication skills, superb telephone etiquette.
· Detail oriented and very organized
· Human Resources background
CLEARANCE: Secret (Available)
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.