|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: atlanta, Georgia
||Date Posted: 12/16/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 01/01/2011
|Desired Wage: 85000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Accomplished Financial Professional with solid and progressive experience in all facets of accounting and financial management. Highly skilled in collaborating with all members of the organization to achieve business and financial objectives. Adept in streamlining financial processes, enhancing productivity levels, introducing process improvements, and implementing technology solutions. Additional core competencies include:
ü Financial Stewardship & Controllership
ü Financial Management & Accounting
ü Financial Reporting & Cash Flow Management
ü GAAP Compliance & Budget Management
ü Financial Analysis & Variance Analysis
ü General Ledger Activity & Closing
ü Accounting Policy Development
ü Technology Enhancements & Process Improvement
ü Fixed Asset Management & Depreciation
ü Auditing & Internal Control Evaluation
ü Inventory Management
Repro Products, Inc/The Color Spot – Smyrna/Marietta, GA (Jun 2010 – Nov 2010)
Sr. Accountant/Inventory Mgmt Specialist ($35M+)
Executed aspects of financial, accounting, and inventory management for a $35M+ reproduction company and its $2M+ graphics design subsidiary. Led efforts to develop and implement inventory procedures that complied with GAAP standards.
· Streamlined work processes and implemented monthly closing policies and procedures.
· Spearheaded the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements that aide in the business decision-making processes.
· Directed accounting functions involving general ledger activity, sales tax preparation, payroll, and inventory management.
· Inventory management, including semi-monthly physical/cycle counts.
· Provided support to the Vice President of Operations and the Controller in analysis, monthly P&L review, and ad hoc project management.
Camden Construction Group / Camden Management Partners – Atlanta, GA (2006 – 2009)
Executed all aspects of financial management, accounting, and cash flow management for a $50M+ general contractor and real estate developer. Participated in strategic planning, expense forecasting, and tax planning. Led efforts to develop and implement accounting procedures that complied with GAAP standards. Performed budgeting, taxation, financial analysis, financial statement preparation, and consolidation activities. Supervised all annual audits including IRS, State, and Insurance. Recruited and trained the financial staff. Played a key role in reducing staff turnover.
· Spearheaded the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements that aided in business decision-making processes.
· Directed accounting functions involving general ledger activity, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and budget management.
· Served as a key member of the executive team charged with process improvement and executive leadership.
· Provided financial data and accounting services in connection with changes in entity ownership including licensing requirements and collaboration with attorney and outside accountants.
Conservation Services Group – Westborough, MA (2001 – 2006)
Accounting Manager ($25M+)
Managed all aspects of accounting functions associated with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger activity. Directed 4 employees in performing at optimal levels. Facilitated timely month-end closes. Oversaw all annual fiscal & tax audits. Co-chaired field employee training seminars on all new accounting procedural and budgeting changes. Prepared financial/loan covenant calculations and compliance certificates. Created fixed asset management policies and procedures.
· Streamlined work processes and reduced monthly closing period from 6 weeks to 7 business days.
· Inventory management, including monthly physical counts
· Spearheaded efforts to customize fiscal budgeting software to fit business model.
· Provided support to the Controller in budget vs. actual variance analysis, monthly P&L review, and ad hoc project management.
Isovia, Inc. – Boston, MA (2000 – 2001)
Senior Accountant ($1.5M)
Handled accounting and financial management activities on a daily basis. Executed general ledger transactions and performed month-end closing tasks. Created budgets and forecasts. Ensured the accuracy and integrity of all financial transactions.
· Established company-wide internal control procedures, which reduced risk exposure levels.
· Decreased closing period and eliminated redundancies using sound financial acumen.
· Prepared and reviewed 25 corporate sales tax returns.
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI
Master of Business Administration in Accounting (2001)
GPA: 3.6/4.0 scale
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI
Bachelor of Science in Accounting (1998)
GPA: 3.5/4.0 scale
Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Timberline (Sage), AIA Documents, Great Plains Dynamics, FRx Reporting, Crystal Reports, FRx Forecaster, Navision, Jet Reports
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.