CEO/Executive Director Resume
|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Ballwin, Missouri
||Date Posted: 11/4/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: immediately
|Desired Wage: 80000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
A top level decision maker and results-oriented professional, highlighting a professional career as an executive director for more than 20 years. Possess extensive knowledge in protecting the rights and lives of adult citizens. Exemplifies outstanding qualifications and the ability to adapt in any given situation; demonstrates full knowledge in managing public/ private partnership, policy development and strong interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate subordinates.
Kirkwood Community College (Heritage Area Agency on Aging), Cedar Rapids, IA 2000-Present
Recruited to handle and resolve serious leadership crisis, organize the agency staff, and sustain credibility. Established network of home and community based services intended for older adults within seven county service area.
- Efficiently facilitated the critical system transformation in the regional case management system by providing strategic direction and supervision
- Developed the first and only Aging and Disability Resource Center in Iowa.
- Led and managed a massive disaster response and recovery project that was eventually adopted nationwide as the model for natural disaster response and recovery in the aging network.
- Designed and introduced the leading elder abuse intervention and prevention program and championed evidence-based chronic disease and health promotion services
- Spearheaded the development of a legislative advocacy program that became the key point for aging and disability home and community based services advocacy initiatives in the state and region.
- Established and maintained strategic partnerships that position the agency to capitalize on new and emerging opportunities in the national Affordable Care Act; ensured the compliance of the agency in accordance to all HIPAA and other healthcare regulations.
- Developed a multimedia approach that includes online magazine and monthly award winning television program.
- Elected by colleagues to provide exceptional leadership at the national level with legislative and policies
- Dramatically increased the budget of the department by 30% and successfully tripled staff size.
St. Luke’s Hospital (Healthy Linn Care Network), Cedar Rapids, IA 1996- 2000
Established and instituted community-based health planning and improvement agency. Developed coalitions to create plans and outcomes to resolve health issues in the community. Drafted overall community health improvement plan as well as monitored and conveyed results. Established and maintained strong partnership with two competing area hospitals to develop a community health improvement program plan.
- Implemented the first community health assessment process.
Alzheimer’s Association of East Central, Cedar Rapids, IA 1990- 1996
Designed, developed, and implemented a new regional agency providing services that includes dementia specific training for professionals and family caregivers, end of life resources, and regional offices.
- Secured diverse funding streams by developing a strategic fund development plan.
- Designed and implemented all agency policies, procedures and systems including personnel and financial.
Aging Services, Inc., Cedar Rapids, IA 1981-1990
Managed a non-profit agency that served older adults. Planned, coordinated, and managed programs and services. Provided direction to professional and clinical employees in the company.
- Developed and initiated the first-case management program.
- Created various volunteer programs, including chore, friendly, and visiting and money management.
- Streamlined the failing adult day program and enhanced services available.
Mount Mercy College, Cedar Rapids, IA 1989-Present
Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA 1988-1989
MASTER’S DEGREE IN COUNSELOR EDUCATION
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY, AMES, IA
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA, IOWA CITY, IA
Board of Directors, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging Washington DC
Chair, Public Policy Committee, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Chair, Grassroots Advocacy Committee, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
President, Board of Directors, Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Governor's Advisory Council for Alzheimer's Disease, Iowa Department of Aging
Board of Directors, Abbe Center for Community Mental Health, Cedar Rapids, IA
President, Board of Directors, Visiting Nurse Association, Cedar Rapids, iA
President, Board of Directors, Hawkeye Area Community Action Agency, Cedar Rapids, IA
AWARDS AND HONORS
Professional in Aging, Older Iowan’s Legislature (2010)
Woman of Influence, Cedar Rapids, IA (2007 and 2009)
Labor Relations and Mediation
Aging and Alcoholism
Aging and Suicide
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.