Manager, Supervisor Resume
|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Louisville, Kentucky
||Date Posted: 10/27/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 11/15/2010
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
4312 Lakelet Way
Louisville, KY 40299
DISTRIBUTION, LOGISTICS, WAREHOUSING AND MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Proven Track Record In Turning Around Under Performing Operations
Process Re-engineering & Workflow Improvement / Multi-site Management / Facilities Management
Dynamic management career in distribution, warehouse operations and logistics. Excellent qualifications in managing large-scale projects from concept through planning, design development and task management. Provide a decisive course of action to improve efficiency, profitability and cost savings.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Distribution Operations/Logistics • Cost Reduction
• Project Forecasting & Budgeting • Guiding Sr. Mgt. Through Business Restructuring
• Staff Training & Development • 5’s, ISO 9000, RF Receiving, Pulling & Shipping
• Resource Planning & Allocation • Developing Quality Standards
• Negotiating Complex Agreements • Regulatory Compliance
ON-CALL DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION
Operations Manager – Dec. 2009 – Present
Started a profitable business offering document destruction services to local residential customers. Full management, operational and sales responsibilities directing day-to-day operations. Responsible for advertising, marketing, P&L, budgeting and customer service.
• Developed and service over 100 accounts.
IRON MOUNTAIN RECORD MANAGEMENT
Operations Manager – Dec. 2003 – Dec. 2009
Challenged to lead and direct day-to-day operations for this 600,000 sq. ft. facility consisting of 7 buildings. Oversaw warehouse, transportation, imaging, and computer tape vault departments. Directly responsible for coordinating all facilities and department activities involving: document destruction, capital requests, safety, security, staff training, HR initiatives, P&L and budgeting. Served as key resource for planning, coordinating and directing operations and functions associated with the management, capital improvement, renovation and expansion of facility.
• Managed over 2.2 million boxes of records and 75,000 backup computer tapes with billions of files for 600 customers.
• Managed a fleet of 12 vehicles servicing Kentucky and Indiana territories.
• Improved production by 300% in the last 24 months—enhanced workflow processes and implemented 5’s warehouse organization techniques.
• Oversaw construction efforts for a 10 million dollars in renovations—Acted as a liaison between project managers, vendors and regulatory agencies.
4312 Lakelet Way
Louisville, KY 40299
VALLEY MEDIA, INC.
Operations Manager – Jan. 1999 – Aug. 2003
Full management and operational responsibilities for 300,000 sq. ft. global fulfillment center with 10 departments for music and video products. Supervised a staff of up to 450 employees and 20 supervisors with staffing, training, development and performance evaluation responsibilities. Collaborated with senior management in order to implement short and long-range strategies. Responsible for establishing and implementing systems, procedures and controls.
• Processed and shipped 4000-6000 orders with same-day and next-day deliveries from 239,000 SKU’s.
• Improved production by 100% in picking and sorting departments while improving employee morale.
• Improved efficiency and reduced overhead cost through effective use of pick-to-light technology.
Distribution Center Manager – Oct. 1996 – Sept. 1998
Managed and coordinated warehousing operations involving: timely deliver and pickup of office machines for Xerox, Konica and Pitney Bowes. Provided direct support to a nationwide transportation network for LTL’s and transportation logistics for over 200 national accounts. Responsible for P&L, and overall management of the transportation department with 12 vehicles.
• Improved profits by 100% each year.
Supervisor – Aug. 1991 – Oct. 1996
Scope of responsibilities were diverse and included: management and coordination of 150,000 sq. ft. distribution center, safety and overall task management. Company served as a third party logistics, 3PL operation for Honeywell. Supervised a staff of 115 warehouse employees with staffing, training, scheduling and performance evaluation responsibilities. Analyzed management and operational deficiencies researched causative factors and implemented effective, aggressive plans to improve performance. Directly responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with local governmental and safety policies and procedures. Collaborated with senior management to forecast, plan and implement long-range strategies to improve performance.
• Instrumental in leading a team that wrote the ISO 9000 program for Honeywell distribution center.
• Implemented carousel order picking, RF picking, bar coding operations, assembly operations, receiving and quality control.
• Implemented continuous process improvement program initiatives which resulted in 99.998% accuracy.
Jefferson Community College – Associates Degree in Business Management, Dec. 2010
University of Louisville – Accounting
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, RF Technology and the Internet.
ISO 9000, 5’S Workplace Organization, Continuous Process Improvement, Quality Control/Assurance,
Kitting and Assembly, Inventory Control, RF Receiving, Pulling & Shipping, Kronos and E-time,
3PL, Bar Code, Pick-to-Light Order Picking
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.