|Desired Industry: Management
|Desired Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
||Date Posted: 9/27/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 10/16/2010
|Desired Wage: 90,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
High energy motivated MBA ready to take career to the next level. I am a results-oriented, decisive leader, with excellent analytical judgment and memory for details. My strengths include well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and direct others in a supportive, cooperative team environment that will get the job done. I have direct experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, SQL Server, Business Objects, B2GNow Diversity Management System, LCP Tracker Prevailing wage tool, SunGard Omni Plus & Oracle based software. Driven by new challenges and desire to be successful in all endeavors, I am seeking a position in which I can contribute strong project management skills and experience to your organization.
CITY OF CHICAGO – OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE Chicago, IL
Senior Compliance Officer – Supplier Diversity (12/2009 – Present)
As a Senior Manager in the Supplier Diversity Division, I was instrumental in the transition of the Supplier Diversity Program from the Department of Procurement Services to the Office of Compliance. The Supplier Diversity program is a division of the Office of Compliance whose main responsibilities are to promote Minority/Women/Disadvantage Business Enterprises (MBE/WBE/DBE) by certifying, monitoring, and auditing those firms and the contracts in which they participate.
• Manage the City of Chicago Contract Compliance program, responsible for monitoring and auditing over $9B in City of Chicago contracts.
• Saved the City of Chicago over $1.5MM from Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Chicago Residency Ordinance (CRO) compliance audits, an increase of over 85% compared to 2009 audit totals.
• Project Manager on the implementation of online self reporting tool for prime contractors/sub-contractors on approximately 2,000 City contracts with compliance plan requirements.
• Led the implementation of the LCP Tracker prevailing wage tool to ensure compliance with Davis Bacon Act and prevailing wage requirements for City of Chicago construction contracts.
• Administer the examining and auditing of supplier contracts to ensure waivers of liens between prime contractors and minority/women/disadvantaged owned sub-contractors are in compliance with the requirements of the contract.
• Monitor contractor’s payroll reporting activities to ensure that appropriate subcontractor payments are made as well as City of Chicago Residency Ordinance and Equal Employment Opportunity rules are followed.
ILLINOIS HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (IHDA) Chicago, IL
Financial Project Manager (03/2007 – 12/2009)
As a manager of finance project teams consisting of 10 to 20 professionals, I was responsible for coordinating the issuance of IHDA’s debt obligations including municipal bonds, notes, loans, and participation certificates from a conceptual state to closing. During monthly IHDA’s Finance Committee and Board Meetings, I presented monthly finance resolutions to IHDA’s Board of Directors informing them of financial projects and requesting their authorization to issue debt. On IHDA’s Retirement Planning Committee (RPC), I served as a key member responsible for ensuring that the plan consistently meets the ongoing needs of the plan participants.
• Managed project teams in issuing over $440MM in tax-exempt bonds, including completing 9 Multifamily Developments and creating over $800K in revenue since March 2007.
• Developed and maintained business relationships with various bond counsels, investment bankers, and trustees to discuss the structure, financial cost, and ways to mitigate risk of issuing housing bonds.
• Participated in several conferences to present the Capital Fund Financing Program to Public Housing Authorities. Secured over $20MM in commitments from those Housing Authorities.
• Initiated analysis of adding Target Date funds to the retirement plans, including researching and preparing a presentation for the RPC. Effective September 2, 2008, Target Date Funds were added to the plan.
GENERAL BOARD OF PENSION AND HEALTH BENEFITS OF UMC (GBOP) Evanston, IL
Plan Sponsor Manager (01/2004 – 03/2007)
PAST Pension Analyst (02/2002 – 12/2002)
Relationship Manager for the largest faith based pension fund (403(b) plan) in the United States. I provided a high level of service as the point of contact by phone, email, and fax with 16 Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plan Sponsors with assets which ranged in size from $10MM to $40MM and a combined pool of over 10,000 participants. I was the key contact person responsible for insuring that all plans and participants were in compliance with all IRS regulations and codes.
• Integral part of the team that secured the first non-plan sponsor investment client. The client transferred assets totaling over $21MM to the General Board of Pension.
• Traveled across the country to present the General Board of Pension’s retirement plans to employers, participants, and plan sponsors.
• Project SME for SunGard Omni Plus, Compass and other software’s including writing test plans/cases/scripts and documenting acceptance test results.
• Represented GBOP in face-to-face client interactions to review defined benefit and defined contribution plans documents, SunGard products, and resolve difficult situations.
• Maintained 90% customer satisfaction reviews from plan sponsors for three consecutive years (2004 to 2006).
TOWERS PERRIN ADMINISTRATION SOLUTIONS Chesapeake, VA
Defined Benefit Client Delivery Specialist (01/2003 – 01/2004)
On the International Paper Team, I was lead analyst responsible for responding to all hourly non-union defined benefit pension requests (estimates and retirement packages), with a population of approximately 25,000 participants.
• Project leader over 3 analysts on special check requests. Served as a point of contact for State Street Banking Solutions and adjusted pension systems to ensure check delivery.
• Mentored newly hired employees to provide them with an understanding of the different roles and responsibilities they can expect as an employee of Towers Perrin.
HEWITT ASSOCIATES Lincolnshire, IL
Defined Benefit Processing Analyst (05/2000 – 01/2002)
As the team’s subject matter expert on special calculations, I lead a team of 3 analysts responsible for performing Defined Benefit calculations in excel including non-qualified plan (SERP Plan), Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO), and prior plans, that were exceptions and could not be calculated by the PenStar administration system.
• Life Benefits Team Leader (pension) responsible for calculating and setting up payments for surviving spouses and beneficiaries.
• Reduced average delivery for pension calculations from 30 days to 14 days.
Master of Business Administration, Loyola University Chicago 2005-2007
• Member of Student Strategic Consulting Group and Student Advisory Council
• Black MBA Association – Student Membership
Bachelor of Arts Political Science, Northeastern Illinois University 1998-2001
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.