Director Of Administrative Services Resume
|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Whittier, California
||Date Posted: 9/15/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: immediately
|Desired Wage: 95000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Conscientious, versatile, and seasoned professional with over 17 years of progressive experience in providing high-level administrative and business management operations. Exemplify comprehensive skills in event planning, meeting preparation, conference coordination and reports maintenance. Excel at formulating and implementing business proposals and cost-efficient solutions to effect improvements in efficiency and productivity, toward successful attainment of organizational goals. Recognized for unwavering commitment to service excellence, expertise in building rapport with all levels of management, and proven ability to identify diverse problems regardless of time constraints. Proficient in Microsoft Application Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
BRIGHT HEALTH PHYSICIANS OF PIH ~ WHITTIER, CA
A non-profit foundation that employs 400+ support staff in 13 locations across Los Angeles and Orange County. BHP also operates an Independent Practice Association (IPA) and is contracted with over 350 physicians.
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
- Maintain corporate legal documents relating to bylaws, physician employment agreements, buy-sell, and stock register.
- Prepare yearly budgets for Administration, Courier, and Purchasing departments.
- Work closely with Corporate Development in the physician recruitment process; create physician contracts for all new hires and arrange for orientation.
- Effectively manage functions within the Administrative Department, Purchasing Department, Courier Services, and Mail Room Services.
- Spearhead all activities involved in coordinating meetings for the organization, arrange Board of Directors’ schedules and act as Secretary to the Board of Directors including preparation of meeting packets.
- High level Administrative support to CEO, CFO, President, and Board of Directors.
- Arrange and organize retreats for more than 100 individuals; coordinate children’s activities; arrange booking for hotel rooms; schedule social events; and manage meetings and meals.
INTEGRATED MEDICAL MANAGEMENT (MERGED WITH BRIGHT HEALTH PHYSICIAN OF PIH (ABOVE)) ~ WHITTIER, CA:
A Management Services Organization (MSO) with over 250 staff and solely supported Bright Medical Associates (BMA), a multi-specialty medical group that employed over 50 physicians in 8 locations. BMA operated as an Independent Practice Association (IPA) and contracted with 250 physicians.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
- Coordinated overall facets of recruiting new physicians, including creating employment contracts and reviewing with physicians.
- Facilitated all employee relocations within the organization working closely with upper management and Information Services.
- Participated with the Safety Committee in the improvement and implementation of safety programs, including disaster and security planning.
- Administered day-to-day activities of administrative operations, including reception, courier, mail, facilities, and maintenance functions for all locations.
- Diligently managed and implemented events, such as shareholder and Board retreats, employee holiday luncheons, and strategic meetings.
INTEGRATED MEDICAL MANAGEMENT ~ WHITTIER, CA
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES COORDINATOR
- Supervised reception, administrative assistant, and administrative Float staff including clarification of needs and appropriate prioritization of duties with upper management.
- Coordinated efficient administrative operations by performing highly skilled clerical and technical functions for the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors.
- Conducted annual, department-wide customer service surveys, in which the results were used by the management to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Oversaw all administrative meeting functions, ensuring calendar and room coordination, efficient use of staff time, and monitoring reasonable spending.
BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE / BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ~ California University, Fullerton, CA 1993
Related courses include: Finance, Human Resources and management classes
Leadership / Training and Development
- Team leader and point of contact in the successful, on-time relocation of 150 administrative staff from three locations into one new building by working closely with Information Services, facilities, architects, and moving company; successfully moved administrative archives from three different locations into one. Logged and maintained records for easy retrieval.
- Effectively mentored and trained employees on a new purchasing policy and process including an electronic Purchase Order.
Presentation and Negotiation
- Represented building owners in negotiating elevator modernization program and service contract, which increased patient satisfaction, reduced maintenance costs, and lessened elevator downtime by 75%.
- Negotiated contract for a new fire alarm system to be installed as required by the Fire Department. Worked closely with the vendor to ensure successful installation in a timely manner.
- Arranged quotes for a new Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning computer system, which allowed viewing the mechanics whenever necessary to adjust temperatures and identify problems for quick resolution by HVAC vendors therefore reducing service costs.
- Negotiated and successfully implemented a postage discount software program for the company’s mail function, which decreased postage costs by 33%.
- Presented proposal to Chief Financial Officer on the purchase of a vehicle for the Courier and discontinue paying mileage which showed a return on investment within three years.
Process and Organizational Improvements
- Launched a company-wide shredding program, which ensured compliance with regulations as set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Developed and maintained policies and procedures for the operations in the Administrative, Facilities, Courier, Mail Room and Purchasing departments, including processes relating to distribution to staff and physicians.
Managing and Appraising Employee Performance, Customer Service & Occurrence Report Workshop, Communication and Team Building, Effective Coaching Skills Workshop
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.