Sr. Software Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama
||Date Posted: 8/24/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 90000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
I received a BSEE from Ohio University and have been successfully developing systems to automate factories from concept and design to commissioning. I am able to effectively analyze, design, and develop control systems supported by solid product development and project management capabilities. My work experience includes providing solutions on multiple platforms for a wide range of industries. I have a strong technical foundation grounded in quality assurance and testing disciplines, use of proven development methodologies, and adherence to industry standards.
Early in my career, I designed and tested ladder logic consisting of machine tool relays, pushbuttons, pneumatic times, contactors, etc. While working for National Electric Coil Co. (NEC) in Akron, Ohio, I provided services to rebuild motor control centers. Recently, I was involved with a project to expand process capabilities for a client by providing controller programming using ABB's Taylor Ladder Logic for controllers in a ABB MOD 300 DCS system.
While I have a strong programming skills in multiple languages, I also have the knowledge and skills needed to define, install, and test control systems used to automate factories.
Many of the automation systems I have developed provided additional functionality to existing DCS and SCADA systems. An example of my work is the Material Handling System (MHS) that was developed for a client in Indiana which consisted of a multi-tasking real-time computer to support operator functions via Biles & Associates' AIM (SCADA software), Windows-based PCs running NT as operator stations, an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) system, an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), PLCs to operate the conveyors and loading stations, an interface to a DCS, production schedules from the business computers, and numerous scanners and bar code printers.
My past duties have also included:
* providing interface solution for a Measurex paper gauging system
* providing interface solution for a Caldon Ultra Sonic water flow system
* providing interface solution for a RSI sequence of events recorder
* providing interface solution for a Kelman Gas Analyzer for utility transformers
* providing technical leadership for the development of plant
* providing technical consultation to support proposal development
* providing post sales support and services
* providing on-site start-up and training services
* writing software design documents, user manuals, test plans,
test procedures, and test scenario files
* performing system and software validation & verification
testing during Unit Testing (UT), Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
and Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
BSEE from Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
• Office products: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
• Source code storage: Visual Source Safe
• Graphics: Picture Publisher, Photoshop, and others
• Databases: MS Access, SQL, and proprietary process control databases
• Programming languages: C, FORTRAN, Visual Basic 6.0, C#, Java
• Scripting languages: AWK, PERL, and DCL
Results-driven, self-motivated, software development leader with more than 30 years of experience in software quality assurance and testing disciplines, use of proven development methodologies, and adherence to industry standards. Able to effectively analyze, design, and develop systems supported by solid software product development and project management capabilities. Focused in the areas of:
• Strong leadership and project management
• Self-motivated, energetic, analytical, detail-oriented
• Management of multiple projects
• Prioritize and deliver on time and on budget
• Strong technical experience in software quality assurance and testing disciplines
• Problem solver who builds teamwork and networks to drive results
• Effective communicator with all levels of the organization and clients
• Design systems to support business objectives through software requirements development, design and testing for a wide range of industries and computer system architectures
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.