|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/15/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 45000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
A current L-clearance holder and Management Information Systems professional with experience at two national laboratories seeking employment opportunities in the Information Management or Information Technology field. Strengths in software testing, debugging and development, quality assurance documentation, administration, project management, multi-tasking, communication, training, records management, database management, , web application tools, and utilization of information system tools to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity. A bi-lingual (English and Spanish) problem solver who is self-motivated, organized, and thrives on learning new skills.
Miratek @ Sandia National Laboratories 03/2009-Present
Junior Level Programmer
· Test software for inaccuracy and provide feedback to senior level programmers to ensure the quality of the product before deployment
· Provide software maintenance support to customers using excellent phone skills and prompt follow-up.
· Participated in the development of software applications for Emergency Ops, Safety Basis and Nuclear Facilities using VB and asp.net in order to improve the efficiency of the paper-based process
· Assisted in technical documentation in support of Safety Basis to ensure Software Quality Assurance
· Assisted in developing processes for Safety Basis and Emergency Operations, including flow diagrams
· Participating and assisting in coordination of large software project, developing web application for the Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) process.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008, Visual Studio 2008, Visio, graphics software. Advanced experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access.
· Familiar with Project Management and multi-tasking through working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
· Assisted in implementation of software
· Create training documentation and User’s Guides for new software programs
Sandia National Laboratories 10/2007-03/2009
· Participated on team to develop a web application for required training using Access and asp.net. This process will improve overall efficiency of the training system.
· Tested software for inaccuracy and provide feedback to senior level programmers to ensure the quality of the product before deployment
· Provided software maintenance support to customers using excellent phone skills and prompt follow-up.
· Maintained user privileges, user updates and entered electronic records for Engineering Support training website. Tracked and monitored training documents which increased customer accessibility to needed documents.
· Organized and input training group documents into records system.
· Assisted in tracking personnel qualifications and training
· Proposed and implemented modifications to binder numbering system for training documents to better identify document content and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the system.
New Mexico Association for Home & Hospice Care (NMAHHC) 07/2005-10/2007
· Modified menu choices on website to include sub-menus to be more organized and user friendly. Updated CEU conference information and Home & Hospice directory on organization’s website.
· Maintained membership database which served as the main communication resource for association members.
· Created networked folder system which improved the organization and accessibility of hundreds of existing documents.
· Coordinated four conferences annually which included marketing materials, registration, and conference evaluations.
New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence (NMCNE) 06/2006-10/2007
· Coordinated the communication for approximately 250 nominations and entered information into Excel database for 23 Excellence in Nursing awards, requiring confidentiality and discretion.
· Maintained overall nomination database for award solicitation.
Cancer Research Facility 08/2004-06/2005
Student Advanced Level
Answer 4 line phones, file and organize documents
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 06/2002-08/2005
Undergraduate Student Intern
Provided Desktop Support (PC) which included general troubleshooting, and the installation of hardware/software. Maintained group records in database.
· Tracked capital equipment going to salvage.
· Scheduled meetings and processed timecards.
Bachelors of Business Administration, Management Information Systems
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico December 2008
Management Information Systems Projects
Business Programming Fundamentals- Utilized HTML, Java Script and C# to personally create MyCityLeisure.com to promote local events which attracted ads from Google and Tickets.com.
Database Management-Ran queries in Microsoft Access using SQL. Created fictitious pharmaceutical company, which monitored patient prescriptions using relational tables (ERD models).
Information Systems Security- Completed 4 lab practicum’s including how to develop secure internet communication including breaking passwords, packet sniffing, and encryption.
Software - Technical proficiency in the testing and debugging of software. Application Development and support experience in Visual Studio, VB and ASP.Net. Database development and support in Access and SQL Server 2005 and 2008. Microsoft Certificate of Completion in Implementing and Maintaining a 2005 SQL Server Database.
Management Information Skills - database design and development, flow diagram design, database query design, internet security, automating paper processes.
Project Management and Collaboration – Ability to work on several contracts and projects in parallel, assistance in project management, collaborate with numerous groups on complex projects.
Quality Assurance – Experience in software quality assurance documentation.
Experience in records management, analyzing quality of documents, audit of software and comparison of polices and processes.
Administration – Implementation of polices and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness, capital equipment tracking, dealing with Official Use Only (OUO) and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI) information. Discretion in regards to sensitive materials and topics. Some experience in capital project budgeting and procurement.
Coordination, Training and Communication Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills that includes organizing team meetings and events, holding training sessions, and writing technical documents, user’s guides and training manuals. Past experience in human resources, personnel training and qualification.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.