Software Quality Assurance Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Austin, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/5/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 08/06/10
|Desired Wage: 60000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To bring Quality and Integrity to the high tech software managed products of a growth and growing company that values integrity.
Working alone, in teams and leading small groups in Quality and Test of:
• languages and compilers • operating systems • data bases
• applications • custom systems • systems integration test
• customer scenarios • fault tolerant systems • real-time systems
• open systems • proprietary systems
Using strengths and skills of: Context (learning from the past), Strategic (finding a solution), Input(Gathering information ), Analytical(Prove it), Relator(building strong relationships)
I have had a UNIX and SQA career concentrating on System Integration Testing but also feature testing from compilers and operating systems to databases and applications. I have designed written, implemented and tested, then reported, and verified fixes through my career. I have worked on stress, longevity, endurance, and fatigue testing. I have worked on manual and automated testing. I have worked in both process oriented and hero oriented environments.
Bachelors in Computer science and ongoing education through work and personal pursuits.
•Test Activity Experience :
- Analyzed product requirements, create test plans, and identify deliverables
- Executed testing tasks, isolated problems, reported bugs, and regress and close bugs
- Wrote test status reports and escalated issues as appropriate
- Proactively solved problems and suggested process improvements
- Identified project risks and recommended actions to minimize risk
- Lead QA projects and provided technical supervision to other QA staff
- Mentored junior engineers to build their skills and contribution level
- Worked with development and test engineers to identify and automate test cases
- Executed automated test scripts and perform manual testing as needed
- Debugged and fixed existing automated test cases
- Maintained and wrote new automated Test Scripts and tools
- white box/black box/grey box test automation and test tools creation
- Design and Modify Test harness and tools
•Compilers and languages : C, Ada, Bare Machine Ada (BMA), Assorted Pascal's, Assorted FORTRANs, Franz Lisp, Common Lisp, Assorted Assemblers, Modula II, Basic, COBOL, MIX and MIXAL, C++ and Java
•Operating systems : Unix (Vax/DEC), UTX Berkley and System V), Secure UTX, MPX (Real-Time OS), POSIX, Nonstop UX Berkley and System V, Dual Node Puma (Fast Failover, Unix ), Sun OS, NT2000, XP, Vista, Ubuntu Linux
•Data Bases : MX/SQL, Ingres, Informix, Oracle, Assorted SQL and QBE databases
•Applications : Roff/troff/psroff, MacIntosh(MacDraw, MacProject, MacWrite),FrameMaker, HTML, PC (Excel, MS Word, Outlook, MS project, Nvu/Kompozer )
•Communications : async, sync, enet, renet, LAN, WAN, dialup, DSL
•Tools : OutsideView, DFM, Veritas Volume Manager and File System, ARS (Application Recovery System), OSU (online software upgrade), CVS/RCS , cscope, Perfmon, Performance Analyzer
•Methodologies : SDLC (Waterfall, Cyclic, CMMI, ISO 9000, Various Deming Derivatives, IEEE), Systems Level Testing, Integration Testing, SIT, Inspection/review, Test Planning, Fagan Inspection/review, Rapid Testing , Testability , Lazar Training. Recent interests in Agile, and Lean.
See my full resume at http://www.patbohr.com/resume.html
or my http://www.linkedin.com/in/patbohr
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.