Asst Teaching /Data Entry Resume
|Desired Industry: Education/Teaching/Training
|Desired Job Location: Bronx, New York
||Date Posted: 3/21/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: asap
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
08/2005 – 12/2009 Bell: Building Education Leaders for Life Bronx, NY
Part Time Tutor
· Tutor elementary and high school students in reading, writing, and math on an as needed basis.
· Assist in the direction of educational programs and activities tailored towards after-school activities.
· Personal mentoring to students to improve confidence and motivation, while preparing for state examinations.
· Administer hands on activities for fine large motor skills development.
· Assist in providing a safe environment by maintaining clean, and appealing facilities as indicated by state regulations
01/2003 – 12/2005 Seabury Day Care Center Bronx, NY
Aide, Assistant Teacher, Assistant Group Leader
· Assisted the Head teacher in the preparation of lesson plans, posted schedules and other curriculum activities.
· Assisted in the administration of language based learning environment for age appropriate skills & communications.
· Worked with students in a co-operative emphasis for the development of social and communication skills.
· Assisted in the development of artistic activities for student creative expression.
· Supervised students during field trips and interacted with parents on a daily basis.
06/2000 – 06/2003 St. Augustine School of the Arts Bronx, NY
Donated 1200+ hours to community by providing tutoring services to children range in ages from Pre-K to 6th grade.
09/2001 - 12/2002: Monroe College, Bronx, NY, Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
08/1996 – 05/2000: Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, Major: Computer Science
Student Government Association, Community Service Mentoring Merit Peer Counseling
Presidents Honor List @ Norfolk State University Norfolk State University Board of Visitors Scholarship (1996-1997)
Norfolk State University Spartan Academy Norfolk State University Junior Class Officer
Association for Computer Machinery Second Honors Awards @ Monroe College
· Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000 & XP, Unix/Linux Languages
· Internet Tools: HTML, Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer
· Application Packages: Microsoft-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Corel Word Perfect
· Software: Knowledge of Java, C, C++, Turbo Pascal
· Safety Management, Motivating Others, Persuasion, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Self-Motivated, Objectivity, Confidentiality, and Emotional Control
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.