Sr Software Developer Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: DFW, Austin, Houston, Texas
||Date Posted: 3/16/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 04/01/2010
|Desired Wage: 76000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
IT PROJECT MANAGER / DEVELOPER
Performance-focused IT Professional with 20+ years experience seeks opportunity to contribute technical expertise, and strong project management and communication expertise while actively supporting and maximizing business operations.
*** KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE ***
* Project Management
* Software Development
* Business System Development
* Conversion Processes
* Systems Analysis
* Strategic Planning
* Resource Allocation
* Software Architectures
* Development Methodologies
* Leadership and Training
* Personnel Management
* Escalate business development through innovative strategies that increase productivity and revenue growth; achieved an Exemplary Project Recognition Award, and an Outstanding Performance Award.
* Versatile and self-motivated leader with personnel management, training, and supervisory experience; served as a COBOL Software Developer, Project Leader, Programming Conversion Coordinator, and Team Supervisor.
* Solid experience in coaching, staff training, and performance evaluation including performance reviews, salary and bonus recommendations.
* Organized and detail-oriented; design, develop, test, and implement new processes and complex strategic IT programs; extensive knowledge in data conversion, and software applications including accounting, finance, and insurance.
* Communicate technical and complex information easily and concisely; proactively collaborate with management and development community to define business application and system architecture.
* Demonstrate diagnostic and collaborative problem-solving skills; exhibit proficiency in translating individual needs into responsive, cost-effective business system solutions and applications.
UCS/Reynolds and Reynolds ? Houston/College Station, TX 09/1985 - 03/2009
Programming Conversion Coordinator 01/2001 - 03/2009
* Achieved Exemplary Project Recognition Award for corporate support systems project; initiated new automated software update process which incorporated change from annual to quarterly software release.
* Managed annual software release process, and all competitive data conversion programs including program development and maintenance. Responsible for all decisions related to competitive data conversions and the Conversion team. This was a "hands on" position involving both managing the needed projects and being directly involved in the actual coding.
* Directed development, testing and implementation of new data conversion programs following company acquisition (Reynolds and Reynolds bought by UCS) and merger.
* Directed development, testing and implementation of new data conversion programs following company acquisitions in the U.K. and the Netherlands.
* Designed new programs converting data to UCS system; created, coded, tested and documented conversion programs for parts inventory control, customer and service history, repair order history, name and address data, and accounting data applications.
FCV (Data Conversion) Team Supervisor 01/1992 - 01/2001
* Achieved Outstanding Performance Award for Ford Dealer Computer Systems (FDCS) data conversions, 1993.
* Leadership of team responsible for annual software release process, and all competitive data conversion programs including program development and maintenance.
* Actively provided support by optimizing technology performance and collaborating with programming department; created custom/special data processing programs.
* Directed conversion of application data, and wrote designs for each software application; analyzed data layouts and data from FDCS.
* Provided training for the use of new/converted programs.
* Directed summer internship program.
UCS/Reynolds and Reynolds - Houston/College Station, TX
Assistant Manager of both MAC and F&I teams 1990 - 1992
Management Accounting (MAC) Team Supervisor 1989 - 1992
Finance and Insurance (F&I) Team Supervisor 1987 - 1992
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science
Texas State Technical College - Waco, TX
* Proficient in COBOL, Assembler, XML, HTML/XHTML, SQL, C++, JCL, CICS, VSAM and Microsoft Office
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.