RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
||Date Posted: 3/4/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst experienced in all phases of System Development on the IBM mid-size computers, from the System 34 to the iSeries AS/400.
06/2007 – 02/2010
Contract RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst
• Developed the ReportFlex module to convert (without programming) the layout and content of native spooled file output into a format that is more readable to the average person plus can be easily converted into formats such as Microsoft Excel or PDF.
• Designed and Developed a Dynamic Menu system in which the options and command line on each menu (plus their accessibility by the users) are driven by data base records.
• Developed the MessageFlex module to monitor message queues for system and program messages and, subsequently, send real time notifications by eMail, Text Message, or Instant Messaging to another Message Queue - thereby, allowing customers to avoid disaster situations before they occur.
• Built the Version4 eMail System that (on all outgoing eMails) will Configure the eMail in a single step, Permit the specification of any From Name and From eMail Address, Allow for multiple attachments (with meaningful names) and recipients, plus Permit eMail Authentication, Read Receipt, and Levels (Importance and Sensitivity) to be used - enabling companies to get critical business data to their end users almost instantly.
• All programs were written in RPG/ILE and CL on the iSeries AS/400.
MAIN STREET BANK
05/2005 - 11/2006
• Designed and developed an Overdraft Limit Management system. This system utilizes bank-defined parameters to establish customer overdraft allowances plus govern the maintenance and collections of overdrawn accounts.
• Developed a system to utilize tier structures to efficiently track money market deposit accounts for repricing purposes.
• Designed and developed the front end of an enterprise Incentive Management system. This system tracks goals, referrals, and sales - then uses the resulting information to calculate bonuses and incentives.
• Handled customized revisions to existing Jack Henry programs and files in order to fulfill specific company requirements.
• All programs were written in RPG/400 and CL on the iSeries AS/400.
MATRIX RESOURCES, INC.
06/2003 - 09/2004
Contract RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst at CompBenefits
• Converted data in four files (Subscriber Master, Subscriber Action Transactions, Policy Conversion Subscriber, and Standardized Input) in order to allow non-first of the month dates to be utilized as policy effective and/or termination dates for group members. Also revised, tested, and implemented numerous programs affected by the conversion.
• Modified several systems so as to give groups (and their members) the ability to replace printed bills and/or reports with email attachments, if desired.
• Made significant enhancements to the existing Follow-up Management system - to allow better handling and tracking of plan type requests entered by Customer Service Representatives.
• All programs were written via AS/SET ADK on the AS/400 - and subsequently converted by this CASE tool to RPG/400 code.
MATRIX RESOURCES, INC.
05/2002 - 04/2003
Contract RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst at Mizuno USA, Inc.
• Wrote the front end of the E-Business system (moving data from the JD Edwards One World files to the E-Business server) that will eventually allow Customers and Sales Representatives to view and place orders over the Internet.
• Utilizing JD Edwards One World files, developed a system to format/write Commission Records by Account Classification (Pool vs. Non-Pool) within Product Division for a given date range. This system allows the user to process all records or the records for a specific Salesperson and/or Product Division.
• Developed a system to format/write the data for Lotus Notes Orders (by Product Division) into the appropriate JD Edwards One World batch files (used to process new orders).
• All programs were written in RPG/400 on the AS/400.
01/2001 - 12/2001
RPG Senior Programmer/Analyst
• Rewrote the Mastercard Inquiry/Maintenance System, utilizing company-wide programming standards designed to make screens uniform and user-friendly.
• Converted data into two externally defined divisional files (Market Grades and Routing Codes) from an internally defined file with multiple formats - in order to allow the information to be plant specific. Also revised, tested, and implemented numerous programs affected by the conversion.
• Wrote and tested a series of programs that would allow authorized users to select and print/fax individual quotes. These programs are an essential component of the Quote Management System.
• All programs were written in RPG III and RPG/ILE on the AS/400.
MOUNT UNION COLLEGE
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology - Cum Laude
Minor: Math and Computer Science
UNITED TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Computer Programming Diploma
IBM Systems 34, 36, 38, and AS/400
RPG II, RPG III, RPG/ILE, RPG/400, and CL
Demand Solutions Forecast Management
KBM Software (by Computer Associates)
Jack Henry Software
TurnOver Implementation Software
JD Edwards One World Files
ALDON/CMS (Change Management System)
AS/SET ADK (Application Development Kernel - A Case Tool)
Query/400 and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.