|Desired Industry: Human Resources
|Desired Job Location: Sacramento, California
||Date Posted: 2/24/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate:
With over 15 years of diverse recruiting experience am looking for an opportunity where my knowledge and expertise can be an asset to the growth of the company.
- Extensive history of success minimizing costs associated with recruiting while improving quality of new hires, minimizing turnover ratios and increasing overall company productivity.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of federal and laws as well as a track record of achieving compliance and exceeding all Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations.
- Skilled in building, mentoring, motivating and leading high-performance teams to achieve aggressive business and financial goals.
- Career track record of achievement and advancement in a variety of challenging assignments.
- Proficient in the principles and methods of position classification, wage and salary administration, recruitment and selection, performance appraisal systems, training, benefits and employee relations.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY – Willimantic, Connecticut 1978
Bachelor of Arts Degree with a double major in Public Policy and Government and English
ADVANCED INTERNET RECRUITMENT STRATEGIES (AIRS) 2009
Advanced Certified Internet Recruiter (ACIR)
- Implemented successful recruiting strategies that exceeded non-exempt hiring goal by 105% while sourcing qualified candidates to fill exempt position vacancies in less than 60 days.
- Credited with maximizing corporate profits through award of a sizable contractual incentive based on recruiting efforts to hire as many as 1200 employees within a 45-day deadline in multiple locations for a new client while concurrently overseeing all regulatory licensing requirements for 300 insurance agents.
- Hired a third party vendor to screen candidates, saving the company as much as $900,000 in recruiting expenses within the first year of implementation.
- Led a 12-member task force in the creation and implementation of new corporate-wide Standard Operating Procedures for recruiting and staffing initiatives.
- Played a key role in securing as much as 50% in new business for the facility by partnering with the Corporate Implementation Team to address personnel administration and staffing concerns during formal business presentations with prospective clients as well as participate on all due diligence and acquisition integration projects.
- Proactively address potential employee and organizational issues with management to ensure that employment practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements and reflect the culture and values of the company.
- Influenced management to hire skilled representatives at a higher pay rate while ensuring fair and equitable treatment of employees, dramatically reducing corporate-wide attrition by 62%.
- Created entire staffing process for internal and external candidates from posting to acceptance including candidate process flow, electronic applications, behavioral event interviews, salary recommendations, skill assessments, predictive indicators, background assessments, conflict of interest evaluations and internal candidate feedback, reducing the cost per hire by 4% and call center turnover by 28%. Currently the collection call center annualized attrition rate is 12%.
- Successfully guided a national Human Resources and Project Management team responsible for the timely conversion of 1,300 employees to multiple recruiting and HR systems, including, Kenexa, SAP, PeopleSoft and HR Web.
- Spearheaded and implemented the new candidate call center assessment process that eliminated unqualified candidates before the interview process, which improved the interview-to-hire ratio by 20%, saving approximately 68 hours in management interview time, enhanced the overall quality of new hires and decreased the costs associated with training.
- Realized over $70,000 in annual savings through a 4% decrease in average cost-per-hire by creating a streamlined process for all recruiting activities including company-wide record-keeping and compliance audits.
- Minimized turnover ratio of new hires in their first 120 days by analyzing successful employees’ learning and production measurements for the first year, researching competencies they had at time of hire and uncovering the sources that provided these highly-productive employees.
- Addressed and resolved any internal candidate concerns regarding biased hiring decisions by installing a recruiter into the interviewing process and decision team.
- Hired, developed and managed Recruiting team in three locations, which successfully rolled out all new policies and procedures to all hiring managers.
- Achieved 100% of company hiring goals in regards to diversity, days-to-fill, quantity and quality of hires through the design of the recruiting strategy.
- Minimized company costs associated with pre-hire background process by researching and locating a provider of drug and criminal background checks providing services at a lower cost than previous vendor, which decreased cost by $10 per candidate while adding employment verification, increasing the quality of candidates hired.
- Managed the on-time completion of the SAP upgrade project, which interfaces with Kenexa, PeopleSoft and GSP software.
- Developed training program that was implemented company-wide, which ensures entire workforce is aware of the company’s compensation strategy using an estimated market value system, guaranteeing all employees are engaged in how they are compensated and what they can do to affect their compensation.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.