HR Manager or HR Director Resume
|Desired Industry: Human Resources
|Desired Job Location: Lenexa, Kansas
||Date Posted: 2/9/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 100K
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To lead a business to success!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73139
firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: (405) 850-7833
Human Resources Professional with diverse experience in manufacturing, healthcare, and long-term care. Expertise in all disciplines of human resources including strategic planning, wage/salary administration, benefit administration, payroll, employee relations, labor relations, recruitment, retention, training/development, worker’s comp/OSHA regulations, employment and labor law compliance. Strong ability to partner with management to develop and implement innovative strategies and solutions to achieve organizational objectives. Leads with a professional, positive attitude and enthusiasm that paves the way for building a strong and more focused culture of cooperation and achievement.
Director of Human Resources 2006–2008
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL CORPORATION Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
• Directed all human resource and safety functions for an HVAC manufacturing company.
• Managed new hire processing, background investigations, and drug testing program.
• Responsible for compensation / benefits administration, recruiting, payroll, worker’s comp/OSHA regulations administration.
• Directed all Employee Relations including coaching/counseling of plant management to problem-solve, maintain compliance to company HR policy and employment law while administering terminations, reviewing involuntary terminations, and developing and presenting policies and procedures to better serve people and the company.
• Established innovative human resource strategies, policies, and processes.
• Advised senior management on human resource and organizational development strategies in relation to business objectives.
Director of Human Resources and Risk Management 2004-2006
EPWORTH VILLA RETIREMENT CENTER Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
• Directed all human resource functions including employment, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, labor relations, safety, and risk management.
• Managed all Employee Relations including coaching/counseling of management to problem-solve and maintain compliance to company HR policy and employment law.
• Implemented and managed the risk management plan.
• Responsible to negotiate labor contract with CNA bargaining unit and union (teamsters).
• Served as senior advisor to develop and implement strategic business plan.
• Assessed “risks” related to people, property and products/services; developed and implemented risk management strategies.
• Decreased benefit costs by 20% and improved benefit coverage, resulting in increased quality and retention of staff.
• Eliminated union representation of Certified Nurse Assistants.
MICHAEL JOHNSON - Page Two
Director of Human Resources and Safety 1991-2004
SHAKLEE CORPORATION Norman, Oklahoma
• Directed the human resource functions for the nutritious food supplements and conventional solid dose OTC pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility.
• Responsible for employment/recruitment, retention, benefits, wage/salary administration, employee relations, performance management, safety, and training/development.
• Ensured compliance with cGMPs, FDA, DEA and contract customer’s requirements for training.
• Managed worker’s comp/OSHA regulations
• Developed HR policies, practices, and procedures to support the manufacturing business objectives.
• Served as a consultant to all levels of management/employees regarding appropriate application of HR policies and practices.
• Led the organization in “Team-Based Management”, instituting a Lean Manufacturing process improvement system, Performance Management system, and Leadership Development system, resulting in over $500,000 in cost reduction.
• Maintained an employee turnover rate of less than 5%.
Director of Human Resources 1980-1990
NORMAN REGIONAL HOSPITAL Norman, Oklahoma
• Directed all human resource functions including employment, recruitment, compensation, benefits, safety, employee training / development, and development / implementation / execution of HR policies and procedures.
• Responsible for all Employee Relations activities to include coaching/counseling of management to maintain compliance to company HR policy and employment law.
• Performed as a member of senior management team assuring attainment of strategic goals and objectives including JCAHO preparedness and compliance.
Bachelors of Science, Health Care Administration
Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford, OK
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING / CONTINUING EDUCATION
SHRM Professional Development Series
Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Process Improvement
Situational Leadership; Team-Based Management
Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Oklahoma City Society for Human Resource Management
Bachelor of Science
Problem Solver, Team-builder, Competent Business Partner.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.