Mechanical Engineer Resume
|Desired Industry: Engineering
|Desired Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama
||Date Posted: 1/23/2010
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/01/2010
|Desired Wage: 65000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Look for a career with a company that appreciates my innovative ideas and where I can demonstrate the passion for mechanical engineering. My social personality and attention to details allows me to focus on my work while working with others. I am not interested in doing work on ideas of the past, but will entertain offers of working with cutting edge technology that helps take us into the future.
08/2006 每 Present: Research Assistant in University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Al.
Analytical modeling and design optimization on piezoelectric cantilever beam (PCB) energy harvester.
1. Conduct laboratory test.
- Vibration test: modal and harmonic test
- Dynamic response test (Vibrometer)
- Stress and strain test (strain gage and load cell)
- Data acquisition (LabView and Matlab XPC Target)
- Signal processing (FFT and PSD)
2. Finite element analysis on piezoelectric multi-layer beam.
- Stress and strain analysis
- Modal analysis
- Harmonic analysis
- Forced vibration response analysis (PSD)
3. Develop numerical models on the resonant frequency of multi-layer piezoelectric cantilever beam (PCB) using Rayleigh - Ritz method.
4. Develop enhanced analytical models on the voltage and power output of piezoelectric energy harvester.
5. Perform design optimization of piezoelectric energy harvester using genetic algorithm.
The research work was implemented in MATLAB and ANSYS.
09/2003 每 07/2006: Research Assistant in Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
Melt refining and quality control of AZ91D Mg alloy.
1. Design quickly-detachable moulds for semi-solid Al alloy casting.
2. Develop rotational air refining device to purify Mg alloy melt.
3. Establish workshop of Mg alloy melting and casting in Shijiazhuang Meiqi Science & Technology Co. Ltd.
4. Investigate production flow and improve product quality of ADI crank in Jiangsu Wanli Machinery Co. Ltd.
09/1999 每 07/2003: Undergraduate in North China University of Technology, Beijing, China.
1. Develop electrical wire tension control system using PID control based on ATC 89C51.
2. Design boiler temperature control system using single-chip microprocessor.
08/2006 每 08/2010: PhD. Mechanical Engineering, University of Alabama
09/2003 每 07/2006: M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University
09/1999 每 07/2003: B.S. Electrical Engineering, North China University of Technology
1. Solid theoretical background on material mechanics, analytical dynamics, vibration and acoustic theory, finite element method, signal processing and control system design.
2. Extensive experience with numerous FEA and CAD software packages: Proficient on ANSYS and ProE. One-year experience on ABAQUS.
3. Programming experience: Proficient on Matlab and C. One-year experience on CPU scheduling with multiple tasks.
4. Profound experiences with control system design, including root locus method, frequency-domain design method, advanced linear control and digital control method.
5. Highly self-motivated, good personality and teamwork player.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.