Recreation Program Planner Resume
|Desired Industry: Recreation
|Desired Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama
||Date Posted: 10/10/2009
|Type of Position: Contractor
||Availability Date: ASAP
|Desired Wage: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To provide recreation businesses or services with strong enrichment program planning services all can enjoy.
January 2009-current Talladega Parks and Recreation, Talladega,AL
Director of Parks and Recreation
Responsible for developing and administering a comprehensive citywide rec programs
including maintenance of a wide variety of recreational areas, facilities and equipment.
In addition to overseeing maintenance, budget, 40 employees, beautification,
city partnership, senior nutrition division, transportation division and facility division.
Dec. 2006-Dec 2008 Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation, Murfreesboro, TN
Facility Operations Coordinator/Sr.Programmer
As the Facility Operations Coordinator I am responsible for the overall operations of the center,
with special attention to all programs such as after school, aquatics, senior programming and
athletics. Also, I oversee hiring and termination procedures, rentals and reservations, maintenance complaints and issues, marketing, outreach/ volunteer development and annual operating plan with budget responsibilities over 5 million. Supervision of 20 employees.
January 2004-Dec 2006 Metro Parks and Recreation, Nashville, TN
Asst. Facility Coordinator/Recreation Coordinator
Plan and Organize different recreational activities for the community, which includes flag football,
basketball, street hockey, softball and track and field. Educate kids through a variety of social kids like P.E.N Pals and Sportsmen of America. Performs a number of office duties such as budgeting
processing incoming phone calls, maintaining patron records, taking reservations and processing all
paper work and supervision of 8 employees.
June 2003-Jan 2004 NYSP (National Youth Sports Program of Middle Tennessee State University),
Sports Coach/Program Manager
In charge of recreation/sports programs for ages 8-14 both boys and girls. Formulated programs that consisted of A.C.T preparation, read to succeed program and implementation of sports leagues.
Jan. 2002-June. 2003 NOIC (Nashville Opportunities Industrialization Center), Nashville, Tenn.
Administrative Assistant to CEO
Helped in all aspects of career development, office duties which included accounting/budgeting, answering incoming conference calls, teaching GED classes and implementation of sports activities.
Jan. 2001-Dec. 2001 Freeman High School, Richmond VA
Assistant Athletic Activities Director
Assisted the Athletic Director with compliance, planning and budgeting. Also assistant coach for boy’s basketball and football.
Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001 Virginia Commonwealth University Recreation Center, Richmond, VA
Assistant Intramural Sports Supervisor
Assisted the Athletic Director with compliance, planning, budgeting and league operations. Also formulated advertising contracts for local businesses. Supervise 4 employees.
Jan. 1998-Dec. 2000 University of Southern Mississippi Recreation Center, Hattiesburg, MS.
Assistant Intramural Sports Supervisor
Helped oversee all operational functions and game management of the Intramural Sports Program.
ACTIVITIES & HONORS
• Actively involved in Church Ministries
• President and Dean’s List --Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Southern Mississippi
• African American Association, Southern Miss--President
• Sports Professional Student Association, Southern Miss--Vice President
• A member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
• Distinguish Leadership Award March 2000, University of Southern Miss
• All-State performer in football and basketball for Colbert County High School 1993-1996
• Actively involved in college football for the University of North Alabama for 1 year
• A member of Tennessee Recreation and Parks Association
• National Recognize by National Recreation Professional Association for various programs
• Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Ethnic Award for best program and professionalism
• Personal Trainer, Snap Fitness Club-Lavergne, TN
• Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation, Community Center Award Winner for best program.
• Developed first Summer Enrichment Program-Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation 2006-2008
• Developed first Afterschool Program-Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation 2006-2008
• Professor Jacksonville State University-Recreation Administration Course, Jacksonville, Al
• Developed first Summer Enrichment Program 2009-Talladega Parks and Recreation-$8,500 profit
• Developed first Afterschool Program 2009-Talladega Parks and Recreation-$5,500.00 profit
• Developed and Purchased New Fitness equipment-Talladega Parks and Recreation-Attendance 235
• New Playground Equipment for Talladega Parks and Recreation- 8 parks-Completed in 8 months
• New maintenance vehicles in 8 months-completion
• Developed and implemented first Hunted House for Talladega Parks and Recreation
• Developed 12 new programs for Talladega Parks and Recreation
• Created new positions: Assistant Programmer, Assistant Athletic Coordinator and Fitness Manager
• Renovation Aquatics areas of need for Talladega Parks and Recreation
• Reduced gang violence in the city of Talladega by having Weekend Skate and Go Program
•Build partnership from 8 to 25 in eight months.
•Formulated first tutoring program for Talladega Parks and Recreation
•Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and Rec Trac
Virginia Commonwealth University
M.S., Recreation and Leisure Studies
University of Southern Mississippi
B.S., Sports Administration with a concentration in Business
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.