|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Tampa, Florida
||Date Posted: 9/17/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: any
|Desired Wage: neg
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
To obtain a challenging position where I can utilize my experience, contribute to
the goals of the organization, and one which offers professional growth and training opportunities.
• Over twenty years of progressive experience and responsibility with documented success in the areas of SAS database development, and direct mail processing at various organizational levels.
• Extensive programming experience using the SAS System in the mainframe and PC environment.
• Produced a series of reusable parameter driven SAS Macros used in the reporting process for Pfizer pharmaceutical.
• Incorporated the use of SAS AF and MACRO to produce various customized database systems.
• Collaborated with the MIS departments of major banking institutions such as, Chase Manhattan, Bank of New York, Norwest and Mellon in the design, development and implementation of SAS database and reporting systems for the credit and risk departments.
• Extensive experience working with large files, two million plus, using SAS tabulate, summary, print and report to produce a variety of customized management reporting systems.
• Demonstrate a record of high performance standards, including attention to schedules, deadlines and quality of work.
• Assertive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized and capable of handling multiple projects concurrently while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Adept at learning new software packages within the time constraints of ongoing projects.
Operating systems: Windows XP NT/Workstation OS2 IBM Mainframe TSO/ISPF Unix.
Software: SAS Base/Fsedit/AF/Macro/Tabulate/Summary/Graph/Report/Print SQL,
Microsoft office Easytrieve Postalsoft Accumail BCC/Mailmanager/ZRC2000.
Pfizer Pharmaceutical, Tampa FL (Contract Position)
Programmer/Analyst Apr 2004 to Jul 2009
• Responsible for the full cycle development of a series of reusable parameter driven SAS Macro modules. These modules allowed the user to simply enter values into parameters and produce graphics reports of the pharmaceutical test results. This comprises the construction of, detailed programming specifications, test plans, and user documentation, in addition to SAS program coding and testing of the modules.
• Additional duties include responsibility for individual efficacy projects, which involves producing SAS summaries and listings, through the Report procedure, of clinical study data for submission to the FDA. The programming environment is PC SAS and UNIX.
Price Waterhouse Coopers/Mellon, Ft. Lee, NJ
Team Lead/Programmer/Analyst Mar 2000 to Dec 2003
• Responsible for the full cycle implementation of new client health and welfare projects. Included the development of specifications, programming and testing of SAS interfaces for delivery to third party vendors.
• Used SAS to produce client specific databases and custom reports.
• Worked closely with business analysts during the specification development stage of projects.
• Performed as team lead on ongoing maintenance projects and was responsible for organizing, tracking and distributing the various job assignments to individuals assigned to me.
• Integral part of a team, which was responsible for developing best practice procedures for interface programming. This was a major undertaking and resulted in a huge reduction in program maintenance time.
Prudential Insurance, Roseland NJ
Senior Programmer/Analyst Dec 1998 to Feb 2000
• Responsible for the analysis and re-mediation of year 2000 impacts on SAS, JCL, and REXX programs for Prudential Health Care.
• Constructed reports for clients, which detailed the impacted areas of the affected programs, along with the suggested solutions.
• Worked with management in the tracking of inventory delivered, and the development of a turnover system to ensure all modified modules where returned to their proper destinations upon completion of testing.
• Supported testing of the changed modules by debugging, and renovating failures.
Middlesex County College Edison, NJ
Associates Computer Science
United States Air Force
Honorable discharge at the rank of sergeant.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.